Can't play new PC GamePass games after cloned hard drive

Discus and support Can't play new PC GamePass games after cloned hard drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my PC from a mechanical HDD to an NVMe SSD. I cloned my hard drive using Acronis TrueImage and now I cannot play new Game Pass... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bartlett421, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Bartlett421
    Bartlett421 Guest

I recently upgraded my PC from a mechanical HDD to an NVMe SSD. I cloned my hard drive using Acronis TrueImage and now I cannot play new Game Pass Games. The games installs and opens but when it tries to login with my XBox account it says I cannot login. This only happens to games I have not played for the first time. Does not matter if it was a brand new install or one that was on the drive when cloned. Any game that I have previously played still works this only happens for new games.

Does anyone know a fix to this problem? I have tried all the troubleshooting options regarding my Xbox account and nothing helped.

:)

Bartlett421, Nov 18, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this BARTLETT421

Unfortunately cloning your drive can lead to these problems, so… it’s not recommended doing that.

Please format your new NVMe SSD and try installing the desired games again
  3. PixelPatch Win User

Playing XBOX original games error

it has to be an official microsoft hard drive in there, as cloned ones don't support the emulation required to run the games. That was the awful day I realised that my hard drive was a clone... they look so convincing. I went and ordered an official 320GB
    one after that.
  4. Syriel Win User

New hardrive wont work

There are no official 120GB hard drives for the Xbox S. You purchased an unofficial clone which (likely) is not properly configured for use in the Xbox 360. You will need to return it for a refund. Remember, you can't just stick any old hard drive from a
    PC into a 360.
  5. XBF Javier R Win User

Problem recovering my installed game

Hello Buffalmacco88,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an inability to install your game after cloning your new hard drive from your Windows PC.

While cloning is a fast way to copy content from partition to another, it seems to have caused corruption that may involve needing to reformat the hard drive and installing games manually. The error received is most often recognized as a launch error for
    games on Xbox One, but you may attempt to reformat the hard drive to begin new installations for your games. Are you installing content through the

Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)
    ? Our suggestion here, you may attempt to follow our
    Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) FAQsupport article for direct assistance with errors while using said app.

Try this out for us and then let us know the results.

Best wishes!
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox Game app PC

you cloned the drive with the gamepass games on before correct, if so that broke the encryption and you need to clear the gamepass folders from the drive and start over, they are encrypted when installed, they also take the hdd hardware signature and size and partition info into account.

what you could have done, is connect the new drive and setup as storage then moved the games over using the move feature in the programs and features menu.
Thema:

1. Can't play new PC GamePass games after cloned hard drive - Similar Threads - Can't play GamePass

2. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  3. Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games): As the title says, I need some help I recently transferred to a Xbox One X, the problem is I can't play GTA Online I used to be able to on my Xbox One, but now I get the "Your profile does not...
  4. Can't play online with gamepass ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play online with gamepass ultimate: Me and my friend are game sharing so that he can play my bought games and I get his gamepass ultimate, but after his subscription ran out and he re-bought it, I've been able to download and play...
  5. Can't play Dead by Daylight after I cancelled my suscription to GamePass Ultimate, even...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Dead by Daylight after I cancelled my suscription to GamePass Ultimate, even...: I used to have GamePass Ultimate, but since I didn't really played that many games, I cancelled my suscription and purchased my games on black friday. And all the other games work fine, except...
  6. Can't play games online using a shared GamePass Ultimate Subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play games online using a shared GamePass Ultimate Subscription: I recently upgraded from my old Xbox One to a new Xbox Series X. Previously, on my old xbox, I was able to download and play GamePass games using my Mother's GamePass Ultimate subscription. I...
  7. Can't play one of my favorite games due to gamepass glitch Please HELP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play one of my favorite games due to gamepass glitch Please HELP: So I bought the game DayZ a long time ago. About 5 months ago I was gifted game pass ultimate by code. I haven't paid for it. Now everytime I try joining a server it says "Renew Your Gamepass" to...
  8. I can't play with my friends in online games from gamepass like human fall flat or gang beasts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play with my friends in online games from gamepass like human fall flat or gang beasts: every time I restart, the Teredo says its unable to qualify and it always says server connectivity is blocked and I even tried port forwarding these ports: Port 88(UDP), Port 3074(UDP and TCP),...
  9. Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games: Getting an error within the gamepass app on PC "Gaming services failed with error code 0x8007007e. Tried powershell commands, deleting Gaming Services from registry, creating another account on...
  10. Can't play EA games on Gamepass Ultimate PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play EA games on Gamepass Ultimate PC: Hi! I have gamepass ultimate and can play gamepass games but i can't play ea games. I've downloaded bf 2042, nfl 22 and 23and whenever i press play my pc tries to boot it up but then the ea app...