Can't play new PC GamePass games after cloned hard drive

Discus and support Can't play new PC GamePass games after cloned hard drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my PC from a mechanical HDD to an NVMe SSD. I cloned my hard drive using Acronis TrueImage and now I cannot play new Game Pass... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bartlett421, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Bartlett421
    Bartlett421 Guest

I recently upgraded my PC from a mechanical HDD to an NVMe SSD. I cloned my hard drive using Acronis TrueImage and now I cannot play new Game Pass Games. The games installs and opens but when it tries to login with my XBox account it says I cannot login. This only happens to games I have not played for the first time. Does not matter if it was a brand new install or one that was on the drive when cloned. Any game that I have previously played still works this only happens for new games.

Does anyone know a fix to this problem? I have tried all the troubleshooting options regarding my Xbox account and nothing helped.

:)

Bartlett421, Nov 18, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this BARTLETT421

Unfortunately cloning your drive can lead to these problems, so… it’s not recommended doing that.

Please format your new NVMe SSD and try installing the desired games again
  3. PixelPatch Win User

Playing XBOX original games error

it has to be an official microsoft hard drive in there, as cloned ones don't support the emulation required to run the games. That was the awful day I realised that my hard drive was a clone... they look so convincing. I went and ordered an official 320GB
    one after that.
  4. Syriel Win User

New hardrive wont work

There are no official 120GB hard drives for the Xbox S. You purchased an unofficial clone which (likely) is not properly configured for use in the Xbox 360. You will need to return it for a refund. Remember, you can't just stick any old hard drive from a
    PC into a 360.
  5. XBF Javier R Win User

Problem recovering my installed game

Hello Buffalmacco88,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an inability to install your game after cloning your new hard drive from your Windows PC.

While cloning is a fast way to copy content from partition to another, it seems to have caused corruption that may involve needing to reformat the hard drive and installing games manually. The error received is most often recognized as a launch error for
    games on Xbox One, but you may attempt to reformat the hard drive to begin new installations for your games. Are you installing content through the

Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)
    ? Our suggestion here, you may attempt to follow our
    Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) FAQsupport article for direct assistance with errors while using said app.

Try this out for us and then let us know the results.

Best wishes!
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Can't install Sea of Thieves from the Xbox Game Pass

you need gamepass pc then, so you can't,

Gold for online play on console

Gamepass for gamepass games on console

Gamepass PC for games on pc with ea play attached

Ultimate gamepass - Gold, Gamepass, Gampass PC, EA Play and xcloud.
Thema:

1. Can't play new PC GamePass games after cloned hard drive - Similar Threads - Can't play GamePass

2. I can't play the hitman trilogy on my Xbox through gamepass how do I fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play the hitman trilogy on my Xbox through gamepass how do I fix this?: I've been trying to play the hitman trilogy on my Xbox series S through gamepass I've downloaded the game and all the additional content that comes with it but the content doesn't show up in...
  3. I've been playing Disney Dreamlight Valley with gamepass on PC, but now I can't play the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've been playing Disney Dreamlight Valley with gamepass on PC, but now I can't play the...: I've been playing Disney Dreamlight Valley with gamepass on PC, but now I can't play the game. The game starts and after accepting the terms it gets stuck with a loading star forever. I tried to...
  4. Why can't I play minecraft java edition even though I have gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play minecraft java edition even though I have gamepass?: I was once able to play Java edition on my computer, and I had gamepass. Now I can only play demo for some reason. Anyone know why? 9a03f361-2d7b-4042-b282-24012cb66e52
  5. Can't play free online games with out gold or gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play free online games with out gold or gamepass: I cancel my xbox gold but I still owned game pass but now i can't play online so im confused on what to do b00cf7a8-45e1-42ac-a3af-d3b813f105ad
  6. Gamepass for PC. Can't play some games, as at the title screen, it goes to log me into...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass for PC. Can't play some games, as at the title screen, it goes to log me into...: Gamepass for PC. Can't play some games, as at the title screen, it goes to log me into xbox live, but then errors out, saying it can't log me in. Makes the games unplayable, and doesn't make any...
  7. Xbox Live connected but can't play any multiplayer even with gold/Gamepass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live connected but can't play any multiplayer even with gold/Gamepass: Hi There, I have had no issues gaming online until the last few days, I can join parties and talk to friends without issues but only recently I can't play online with anyone, servers for all my...
  8. Can't play certain games on XBOX gamepass PC, keep getting File system error (-2015294512)

in XboX Insiders
    Can't play certain games on XBOX gamepass PC, keep getting File system error (-2015294512): I have contacted XBOX support about trying to fix an error with XBOX gamepass on PC, where certain games will not load and will display the error message:...
  9. Good day. In the xbox gamepass app I can't play Xcloud

in XBoX on Consoles
    Good day. In the xbox gamepass app I can't play Xcloud: In gamepass on my CELL PHONE HUAWEI Y7 with android 9 I do not see the option to play in the cloud, I only appear Console and PC but it does not give me the option of the play in the [img] cloud...
  10. Can't play Halo Infinite on Gamepass PC or Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Halo Infinite on Gamepass PC or Microsoft Store: I've been trying to play Halo Infinite through Gamepass on my PC, I have both the base game and campaign installed plus the high res texture packs. But when I click play on either Gamepass (both...