Can't play my purchased digital game

Discus and support Can't play my purchased digital game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; 3 days ago i purchased Farm Together and it was working fine. Yesterday I logged in on my Xbox X and it says the owner needs to sign in. I am the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kvnc75, Mar 14, 2023.

1. kvnc75
    kvnc75 Guest

3 days ago i purchased Farm Together and it was working fine. Yesterday I logged in on my Xbox X and it says the owner needs to sign in. I am the owner. So i uninstalled thinking that would fix it but it wont let me redownload without purchasing again.

I cant seem to get microsoft to understand my issue and have reached the callback limit.

I have my receipt from paypal and the game shows in my order history. They denied my refund. I have proof of purchase obviously but why is it not associating the game with my account?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

kvnc75, Mar 14, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Is this a recent purchase?

Also, please sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders, and check if you can see the game order from there stated as "completed".

Once confirmed, remove and re-add your account by following the steps below:

" REMOVE ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. ​​​

4. When you're finished, select Close. ​​​

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

​​​

ADD ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email address and the password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console.​​​"

If that still didn't work, this may be related to Xbox's issue:

[​IMG]
  3. MD45066 Win User

Can't play purchased digital games

I have the same exact issue with a game purchased 2 years ago (RDR2). All troubleshooting tips and tricks tried and failed. I can see the game in order history on the Xbox app on my phone but not when I look in my console (only gives option to view last
    3 months).

This issue only happened after I was required to accept updated MS privacy policies. This is super annoying and frustrating that I cant even open a ticket with support - only gives FAQs, bot step-by-step of unhelpful troubleshooting, and referral here. Hope
    one of you brilliant people have an answer!
  4. Peratrooper Win User

Can't play digital purchase game

Hi Samy, thank you very much for your prompt and helpful reply!

This has indeed solved the problem, and is something I would never have thought to do. It's a bit disappointing that they make you pay more money to access the main game which has already been paid for. No doubt a peculiarity of the games two modes being split for game pass.

Thanks again for the assistance, much appreciated!
  5. SammyVS Win User

Can't play digital purchase game

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

The game developer requires you to have the online version of the game to play story mode. When the game's online mode exited the game pass this problem started to occur. You can buy online mode for $9.99 with Gold in the store
  6. Skrdla Win User

Psychonauts Download

I purchased this game on digital download and went to re-download it on my new account, where is it and why can't I play the game I paid for?
Thema:

1. Can't play my purchased digital game - Similar Threads - Can't play purchased

2. Can't play multiplayer games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play multiplayer games: Why can't I play multiplayer games on my series s ? I can play single player games tho. Ive reset my console and reinstalled, I've tried everything online which was suggested and even reset my...
  3. I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...: This is screenshot of my xbox bar [img] 6bec12a3-bcaf-4d20-9ee7-c675a3a36fb6
  4. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  5. Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...: On my Xbox it says network connection good but Xbox service are having issues and been like that for a few days and I get kicked out of games and lag sometimes I've restarted my console removed my...
  6. Can't play purchased game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play purchased game.: I purchased a game on my xbox series x for my toddler to play. It has been working fine but I decided to get him his own xbox. There is where the trouble started. I got his xbox one setup as a...
  7. So why am I purchasing the full game Dead By daylight if I can't even play it because I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So why am I purchasing the full game Dead By daylight if I can't even play it because I...: Just like tell me why I need game pass ultimate to play my favorite game even though I have been playing your games through game pass for a while so instead I got The Game bought the folder and...
  8. Can't play Java Edition even though I purchased Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Base Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Java Edition even though I purchased Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Base Game: I purchased the Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Base Game about a year ago. Just opened the minecraft launcher today and it says that I have to buy it again. Idk if it's the fact that the I...
  9. Why can't I purchase & play Override Mech City Brawl - Supercharged Mega Edition despite it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I purchase & play Override Mech City Brawl - Supercharged Mega Edition despite it...: I want to play "Override Mech City Brawl - Supercharged Mega Edition" but for some reason it is "unavailable". I use quotation marks because I can still see it & its related DLC listed on the Xbox...
  10. I've purchased a new laptop and now I can't install and play minecraft that I have already...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've purchased a new laptop and now I can't install and play minecraft that I have already...: I played Minecraft on my old laptop but it died so I've purchased a new laptop and now I can't install and play Minecraft that I have already paid for. On my account It doesn't show that I've...