Can't play multiplayer games because of microsoft family

Discus and support Can't play multiplayer games because of microsoft family in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have never joined a microsoft family account or created one but for some reason i am in one and that doesn't let me access my privacy settings so i... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Good lookin Appa, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Can't play multiplayer games because of microsoft family

I have never joined a microsoft family account or created one but for some reason i am in one and that doesn't let me access my privacy settings so i can't turn on multiplayer.
    There's no leave family button under my name like the support page says (I am over 18 years old)

Please can someone help me figure out a way to turn on multiplayer

:)

Good lookin Appa, Jul 14, 2022
  2. Good lookin Appa Win User

Nevermind i think i fixed it i had the date of birth wrong
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello Good lookin Appa,

Thank you for writing to Xbox Community Forums. We are happy to hear that the problem you had has been resolved.

If you have other concerns in the future, you can create a new post here.

Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. DominickBarton Win User

Microsoft and Xbox accounts seperate

Let's use minecraft as an example

Trying to select multiplayer brings up the message Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft account settings

The issue is I can't, it leads me to a redirect saying that if you're seeing this it's because you're not allowed within your family

I've never been in a microsoft family

So when I try to check if I'm in a family, i use the same email and password and everything

But sign into a different account

It's still me, but not associated with the xbox account

What do I do

This is really annoying
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

How am i supposed to change my account settings

Hi AmeliaShields! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You don't get to that site because you are in a Microsoft family but because child's account cant view their privacy settings an adult is required to add him to a Microsoft family here

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

After the adult account creates the family and adds the minor's account to his family In order for you to be able to play multiplayer, you must change the privacy settings of your account. It can be done here

https://account.xbox.com/settings

More information about that here

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/36...
  6. Bruno BR-B5D9823A-70 Win User

Game freezes when starting a match

I'm having the same problem, I can't play this game because it freezes everytime at the loading screen. I can't play the campaign , can't play multiplayer nor even check the Decks. The only thing I could do with this game is, run trough the menus and get
    a message about a bonus because I had the previous games.
Thema:

1. Can't play multiplayer games because of microsoft family - Similar Threads - Can't play multiplayer

2. Can't play multiplayer games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play multiplayer games: Why can't I play multiplayer games on my series s ? I can play single player games tho. Ive reset my console and reinstalled, I've tried everything online which was suggested and even reset my...
  3. Can't play multiplayer in Minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't play multiplayer in Minecraft: I'm on Windows 10 trying to play Minecraft Java Edition, but the "Multiplayer" button is greyed out for me with the message "Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft account settings"....
  4. Since I can't play baldurs gate 3 in multiplayer like it was advertised, when can I get my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Since I can't play baldurs gate 3 in multiplayer like it was advertised, when can I get my...: Npc's get stuck, saved get deleted, and you can't play multiplayer. Since ethe product was sold with false advertisements when do I get my full refund? I shouldn't be penalized for wanting to...
  5. Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my son play Minecraft multiplayer while i enabled multiplayer in the family...: When he tries to join a server (like Hypixel), he only gets the error: "Failed to login: null". I literally watched some youtube video and websites about how to fix it but none of them worked. Why...
  6. Why can't I play multiplayer on Minecraft even though my account is of an adult age and not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play multiplayer on Minecraft even though my account is of an adult age and not...: Hello, lately I've been trying to get on the multiplayer mode on Minecraft. I've found out that my account was in a Microsoft family, but I left it and changed all my settings including the...
  7. I changed all my account's settings to "allow" but still can't play multiplayer.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed all my account's settings to "allow" but still can't play multiplayer.: I finally managed to create an adult account that could add my main to a family group and change my account's settings. But when I did and opened Minecraft Java again, multiplayer is still...
  8. why can't I play multiplayer on java Minecraft?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why can't I play multiplayer on java Minecraft?: At first, it was because I was a part of a family group on Microsoft and my Xbox settings. But now even when I left the group (after a long hour on trying to figure out how to remove me w/ my...
  9. Multiplayer enabled but still can't play any servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiplayer enabled but still can't play any servers: I've enabled my multiplayer setting to be able to connect to mc servers, but as the title reads I've not been able to connect to any. I've tried relogging aswell resetting the program, which have...
  10. Why can't I play multiplayer in Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play multiplayer in Minecraft: Why can't I play multiplayer in Minecraft bd734ab5-3ad4-460e-b3c9-013f50d3a077