Can't Play Halo Master Chief. Getting the message "No COOKED content was found."

Discus and support Can't Play Halo Master Chief. Getting the message "No COOKED content was found." in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm having trouble with the Halo Master Chief Collection. I bought the PC version download. I don't have an Xbox, but we were told we could play it on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SuzyMom, Apr 6, 2022.

1. SuzyMom
    SuzyMom Guest

Can't Play Halo Master Chief. Getting the message "No COOKED content was found."

I'm having trouble with the Halo Master Chief Collection. I bought the PC version download. I don't have an Xbox, but we were told we could play it on the PC. Then I also bought the gamepass when I realized it wouldn't work without it. It seemed to download ok, but when we try to play the game we get the message:

The global shader cache file 'CCan't Play Halo Master Chief.  Getting the message "No COOKED content was found." :program Files/WindowsApps/Microsoft.Chelanz-1.2645.0.0_x64_8wekby3d8bbwe/Engine/GlobalShaderCache-PCD3D_SM4.bin' is missing

Your application is built to load COOKED content. No COOKED content was found. This usually means you did not cook content for this build. It also may indicate missing cooked data for a shader platform (e.g. OpenGL under Windows). Make sure your platform's packaging settings include this Targeted RHI.

Alternatively build and run the UNCOOKED version instead.

I was advised to download DirectX from the MicroSoft website, but that didn't resolve it.

Any ideas what to try next?

:)

SuzyMom, Apr 6, 2022
  2. Luis GGuerrero Win User

Hello Ricardo,

in my case I also downloaded the OpenGL app from Microsoft Store and got the same result, I also update all my drivers trying to avoid any issue, but still no fix.

I'm using a Dell machine with Windows 10 home edition machine with 8G on Ram, with an SSD Core i5 and an Nvidia GC, nothing fancy, but it should be working, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi SUZY MOM! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please if you can share your pc specifications and windows build, also if you purchased the game trough Xbox or steam

You could also contact your Graphics card manufacturer to help you solve the situation, as it seems that the error occurs because it doesn't support directX or is not compatible with the edition the game is using
  4. Paraffin Alien Win User

HALO: COMBAT EVOLVED Classic OG not appearing in the Game Librari on XBOX ONE X

The Original Xbox version of Halo CE is only backwards compatible on the the 360
    To play it on the One X you would need Halo The Master Chief Collection which includes
    Halo CE Anniversary

Halo 2 Anniversary

Halo 3

Halo 3 ODST - available as add on content

Halo Reach - available as add on content

Halo 4

And at the moment it is HALF PRICE in the Microsoft store (with ODST and Reach included too)

Buy Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Microsoft Store en-GB
  5. Glu10Free Win User

Whats so good about the Halo series?

Huge Halo fan here, I would just get the Master Chief Collection.

Halo 3: ODST was fun with a group of people and the campaign was okay, but overall I found it to be an unnecessary addition to the series. You can definitely skip it.

Halo: Reach is my least favorite of the Halo series, but the story was good. It's a prequel to the rest of the series so playing it before the Master Chief Collection might help things make more sense story wise, but you don't have to play it to understand
    Master Chief's story. It's not a MUST HAVE, but pick it up if you really want a bit more insight into the story.

Personally, I think you'll be fine with the Master Chief Collection. Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 are some of my favorite FPS games of all time and Master Chief is just simply awesome. Halo 4 was a great addition to the series and I have faith that 343 Industries
    is on the right track, the series is in good hands. I'm really excited for Halo 5: Guardians!!
  6. Hirogen Hunter Win User

Halo: MCC Achievements not popping.

Thema:

1. Can't Play Halo Master Chief. Getting the message "No COOKED content was found." - Similar Threads - Can't Play Halo

2. Halo Master Chief Collection - Error coop mode, can't play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Master Chief Collection - Error coop mode, can't play: Hello team! I have the following problem with my MC game. I'm trying to play with my brother co op mode, LAN mode (I have already tried with Xbox Live), he can join my team, I can select the...
  3. Why can't I play co op with my friend in Halo 2 MCC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play co op with my friend in Halo 2 MCC?: Hi, I'm having a problem trying to play co op with my friend and it keeps kicking us both out of the game. We both have updated versions of our game and our system. I'd like to know what to do to...
  4. I can't sign into any other accounts to play Halo Infinite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't sign into any other accounts to play Halo Infinite: Last year I downloaded halo infinite and signed in with my Microsoft account. After a while I stopped playing and since then I have made a new microsoft account and stopped using the one i used on...
  5. Why can't I play Halo infinite campaign even with the disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play Halo infinite campaign even with the disc: I have purchased a pre owned copy of Halo infinite for my Xbox one. I have installed it fine. Game loads fine but when I try and start campaign from the main menu it says I have to pay for the...
  6. Halo 5 - Partner can play, I can't (error authorising user message)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 5 - Partner can play, I can't (error authorising user message): Hello, I am at a complete loss here. I have been playing through the Halo 5 campaign but for days now I can't even get past the main menu as I am greeted with the message 'Attention, error...
  7. i just can't play Halo: The Master Chief Collection online, can't access online content,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i just can't play Halo: The Master Chief Collection online, can't access online content,...: Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam is a mess. Everybody knows that. But recently, i just can't seem to do anything online. I can't start multiplayer matchmaking, i can't even invite my...
  8. Why can't I play halo infinite when I preordered it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play halo infinite when I preordered it: I preordered Halo Infinite when option first came. I played the campaign Monday night but can no longer play. The game is saying I don't own the campaign. It's also no longer showing as owned...
  9. My game pass subscription is current and paid but I can't play halo infinite all of a sudden

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game pass subscription is current and paid but I can't play halo infinite all of a sudden: Every time i try to play halo infinite i get a prompt saying "Looks like you have to renew your xbox game pass." I have tried resetting my console 3 times. I have checked my game pass ultimate...
  10. I can't play "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" without the Internet on my PC (Windows)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" without the Internet on my PC (Windows): When I try to play in offline mode, either the campaign or local multiplayer, it tells me that I have not installed the halo campaign/content of Halo, but obviously it is installed because when I...