Can’t play game’s transferred from Xbox one to series s

Discus and support Can’t play game’s transferred from Xbox one to series s in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I helped my brother transfer game data from an xbox one to an xbox series s. All went smoothly until he logged into his account on his new console and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Michael Opie, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Michael Opie
    Michael Opie Guest

I helped my brother transfer game data from an xbox one to an xbox series s. All went smoothly until he logged into his account on his new console and he couldn’t play any of the games he previously owned. this was the account he had on his old console btw. When he clicked on the games (gta 5 and rdr2) it came up with a message asking if he owned the app, and then sent him to the app store. We cannot figure this out, and we do not want to buy all his games again. please help

:)

Michael Opie, Dec 30, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one to Xbox Series S

Hi,

Since the Series S has no optical drive you'll need to by the digital version of MCC from the Xbox Store to play in on the Series S.

You can transfer the already installed game across consoles either via a network transfer or external storage device, but you'll still need to buy the game again to play on the Series S. Transferring, copying or moving the game is often quicker than downloading the game from the Xbox Store.
  3. Josiah Huwe Win User

Will an Xbox One Disney Infinity 3.0 base work on the Xbox Series X/S?

This is what you need to know:

Xbox one and xbox x|s you can play it on and a lot of other games on (this is like a pc)

Xbox one series x|s and xbox one x|s you can’t play Disney infinity and other games on like Skyrim on. (This is like a Mac)

For another example is for computers the ones that are like a pc can play lots of more games the Mac ones can’t because they can’t play 32 bit games those are like Disney infinity and Skyrim so you need the pc ones
  4. Smwutches Win User

Make sure the games were bought on his account and he wasn't using them by sharing. He can double check his transactions at http://account.microsoft.com
  5. ngocphi Win User

Physical games won't work in digital consoles
  6. RainingRoses Win User

If I sell my Xbox one and get an Xbox Series S, will I still have all of my games and progression??

Hello,

Keep in mind that this would only apply to games that support Smart Delivery, which is a feature that the developers decide to enable. The full library is confirmed here:

https://www.xbox.com/games/optimized

GTA 5 is one example that doesn’t support Smart Delivery - meaning that you would unfortunately need to purchase the game again if upgrading to a Series X|S. Your game saves/progress (including your online character) can be transferred, though:

How To Transfer GTA V Progress From Xbox One To Xbox Series X|S

You may want to read through the official Smart Delivery for Xbox FAQ

Also refer to this support guide:

Moving from Xbox One to Xbox Series X|S | Xbox Support

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Can’t play game’s transferred from Xbox one to series s - Similar Threads - Can’t play game’s

2. i can’t except a invite to play a game on Xbox X (game) GTA5 they are on Xbox One GTA5

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i can’t except a invite to play a game on Xbox X (game) GTA5 they are on Xbox One GTA5: I can’t except a game invite (GTA5( (when I’m on Xbox X) from my friends on Xbox One. Is there a solution ? 746b983b-55f4-4831-a5a5-4227e788982b
  3. I can’t connect to Xbox Live when trying to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t connect to Xbox Live when trying to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox One: So I have done quite a bit of research regarding the backwards compatibility issue with Xbox 360 games on Xbox One, and nothing seems to work for me. At the end of the day, I can’t sign into my...
  4. I can’t connect to online multiplayer games yet I have game pass ultimate and can play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t connect to online multiplayer games yet I have game pass ultimate and can play...: I’ve been having a problem connecting to multiplayer games although I have game pass ultimate I can play forza horizon 5 fine so Ik I have gamepass but every game that requires online multiplayer...
  5. Are games being turned off for Xbox one? As I can’t play the disc once the game is removed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are games being turned off for Xbox one? As I can’t play the disc once the game is removed...: Once games are removed from the Xbox store I can’t play them even with the disc it’s not recognised. I can no longer play forza 7 or gta 5? 94ed04c4-94af-4627-860a-5b58d444190b
  6. I can’t play online games in Xbox One X after 12.am

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t play online games in Xbox One X after 12.am: I wanted to play online games at night so I asked my parents to increase the screen time but even we tried to increase the screen time, I can’t access to every online game after 12.am. How can we...
  7. My Xbox series s can’t play games optimised for s/x

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s can’t play games optimised for s/x: Hi I brought my Xbox series s a couple years ago and had no problems with it until now. I don’t know what has gone on but I’ve tried to instal a game only for Xbox s and x and I can’t install...
  8. Can’t sign in to Epic Games account to play Fortnite on browser

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t sign in to Epic Games account to play Fortnite on browser: Hi, I’m having a problem with Xbox Cloud Gaming. I want to play Fortnite on my browser, but I can’t sign in to my Epic Games account. I have tried clearing my cache, resetting my password, and...
  9. Why can’t I play game pass games, if I have game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play game pass games, if I have game pass?: I have gamepass ultimate for another month, it expires on the 24th of January, 24 days from now, and I can’t launch or play any game pass games at all but I can play all my bought games, what is...
  10. Whenever I try to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X I can’t connect my profile.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X I can’t connect my profile.: For over a year now, I haven’t been able to play any Xbox 360 games online. Initially, when the issue started Every time I tried to load an Xbox 360 game I couldn’t sign into my accounts on the...