Cant play games through Xbox app due to not being connected to Xbox live

Discus and support Cant play games through Xbox app due to not being connected to Xbox live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have tried playing two different games through the Xbox App on Windows 10, I have been able to play them both before but now every time I try to join... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SydneyPeers, Dec 1, 2021.

1. SydneyPeers
    SydneyPeers Guest

I have tried playing two different games through the Xbox App on Windows 10, I have been able to play them both before but now every time I try to join a game of Sea of Thieves or Back for Blood, I am greeted with the message "You must be signed in to Xbox Live to play ______, please sign in and try again"

Even though I had already signed into the Xbox app before playing, (Notes: Every time I start up the Xbox app I am never already signed in. When I am in the game menu and I bring up the Xbox game bar, I am signed out and can not sign in from there)

I have checked the Xbox Status page and everything is fine, I tried contacting support but they don't contact people for this sort of issue.

Any help would be amazing since I would love to enjoy the next SoT update on Pc rather than console

:)

SydneyPeers, Dec 1, 2021
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Thanks for the update, SydneyPeers.

Is this the only game working as of the moment or is this the game that did not work if run using Xbox app?

May we ask if you have tried installing other games included to your subscription or games purchased? Is it same issue?

May we confirm, if you have tried to create new user profile and play the game? Please check here for the steps: Create a local user or administrator account in Windows.

We look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Thanks for the update, SydneyPeers.

Would you mind checking the suggested troubleshooting below? Please try these on the newly created profile.

Method 1: Run troubleshooter

The Windows apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues regarding applications downloaded from the Windows Store. Click this Use a fix-it tool with Windows 10 to proceed.

Method 2: Check for updates for the app and the device

See How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10 for the steps.

Method 3: Perform a clean boot

To eliminate software conflicts, kindly follow the steps provided on this link - (How to perform a clean boot in Windows) on how to perform a clean boot.

Method 4: Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app can help resolve corrupted installation files. Here are the steps:

1. Click Start > All apps > Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right-click Windows PowerShell and click More > Run as Administrator.
    3. In the Windows PowerShell window, copy and paste the following command: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Restart your device so that the changes can take effect.
    5. Click this Get Xbox Console Companion and download the Xbox app.
    Method 5: Reset the Xbox app.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps & features.
    4. Find the Xbox app and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.
    6. Restart your device so that the changes can take effect.
    7. Launch the Xbox app and check if the same instance occurs.
    Kindly reply here for any update.

Kind regards,

4. SydneyPeers Win User

Heya, yeah the issue is still present, though I have tried everything you have listed and beyond, I resorted to purchasing Sea of Thieves on steam and seeing if it worked and it did. Worked just fine even though I linked my xbox account to it and everything.

Really weird.

Although I have moved past it since I got a more worrying issue on microsoft more pressing
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hi SydneyPeers,

Hope you are doing fine.

We would like to follow up your concern.

Kindly let us know if you still have issue by posting a reply.

Kind regards,

6. Kathy A. Win User

Hi SydneyPeers,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to play games on Xbox app for PC however you always get an error message from specific games. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

Usually if the concern is all about the Xbox account, you may always visit your account in here - Microsoft account. This is to help you check if you needed to manage, secure or update your account. Next, you may check your Xbox Profile and status in here - Xbox Enforcement.

We will also suggest that you perform troubleshooting, please check the steps below.

• Keep Windows and Xbox apps updated.
    • Sign out to Xbox apps and Microsoft Store. Please make sure you know your account's password.
    • Restart device.
    • Turn off or disable antivirus, antimalware, VPN and PC Optimizer.
    • Re-sign in account to Xbox apps and Microsoft Store. It will be best if your local user account for PC matches your account on those apps.
    • Retry to launch your games.
    Please, do not forget to check here for known issues that might be related to your concern.

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Cant play games through Xbox app due to not being connected to Xbox live - Similar Threads - Cant play games

2. I own games and cant play them without game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    I own games and cant play them without game pass: I own games diagonally and on disc and i do not have game pass anymore but i have owned these games prior to having game pass and i cant play any of them and it says i need game pass but i own the...
  3. Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games: Hello can someone please help me im having issues connecting to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games I've tried few games every games isn't connecting such as gears 2 or...
  4. Cant play older games on windows 10, will microsoft sort something out to fix this issue.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant play older games on windows 10, will microsoft sort something out to fix this issue.: Game is lord of the rings, battle for middle earth 1 and 2. Did some research many people have had this issue and have resorted to downloading dodgy fixes instead of Microsoft allowing old games....
  5. I cant play a game because of Performance Check

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play a game because of Performance Check: I have xbox game pass and I can`t open Hell Let Loose because of ,,Performance check not available...'' i want to mention that i have a good pc with 3060ti and i9 gen10...
  6. I cant play forza 5 with game pass core

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play forza 5 with game pass core: I brought a 3 months xbox gold live voucher and when I redeemed it was not was it said it was and was infact xbox core. This was not what I payed for and was mislead by Xbox which om not happy...
  7. Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?: series x keeps crashing on numerous br cant even play c.o.d d23f1d63-d163-4e5e-a7a1-e82fe542be82
  8. Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?: For several years i have owned Halo The Master Chief Collection (and DLC) Plants Vs Zombies Castle Crashers Battle Block Theater and recently after my 24 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...
  9. Me and my brother cant play the same game same time under the same gamepass subscription

in XBoX on Windows
    Me and my brother cant play the same game same time under the same gamepass subscription: So my brother used to use an xbox one s and just now upgraded to a series x and we used to be able to play at the same time on the same game and now on the new console it kicks us off the game...
  10. I cant play my EA play games on my xbox without paying

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play my EA play games on my xbox without paying: I need help. I linked my EA account that has the ea play with my xbox account but i cant download the games included in the EA play without paying for them can someone help?...