Cant play games that were previosly purchased

Discus and support Cant play games that were previosly purchased in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I Get the message below , games on my console were downloaded under the profile i am signed in under and will not play. How do i fix this? [img]... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by robinbrydon, Dec 21, 2018.

1. robinbrydon
    robinbrydon Guest

I Get the message below , games on my console were downloaded under the profile i am signed in under and will not play. How do i fix this?

Cant play games that were previosly purchased [​IMG]

:)

robinbrydon, Dec 21, 2018
  2. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey Robin thanks for keeping in touch!

First things first, as stated by fellow XBF Leslie D and our
    My Home Xbox Settings
    page on our website; You can change which console is your home Xbox up to five times during a one-year period. This period works on a rolling basis, starting the moment you switch your home Xbox for the first time. If you reach
    your limit of home console switches for the year, you’ll get a message letting you know the next available date you can change it.

What we believe is happening here is a simple confusion of accounts. It looks like the account that bought the content was set to home console thus every other account on the console could launch and play the games. When the new hardware was bought the account
    was set up on the second console thus loosing the home console switch of the original console. In short, only one console per home console to share the content. Hope this helps!
  3. robinbrydon Win User

Thanks, there are some other possible factors. These games were bought on my other sons console which was defined as the home console. Since then we have purchased 2 x new xboxone s consoles and copied the games from the old xbox one console to a hard
    drive then onto the new console Does this make any sense?
  4. robinbrydon Win User

Not sure as we have changed the hardware since the time they were bought from xbox 1 to xbox 1s. I have defined both xbox as home to try and fix.

Do you know if both nat must be open to possibly solve this problem?
  5. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there robin,

Sorry to hear you are running into this problem. I would advise you take a look into your

Order History
    to make sure that the purchase was successfully completed on this account. If you do find the purchase in your order history then I would recommend contacting
    Xbox Customer Support for further assistance.

I hope this helps.
  6. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hi Robin,

Thanks for getting back to us in regards to this. With the information you've provided we can see what could be the problem here. Now, if these games were purchased under your son's Microsoft account then that account would have to be the one signed in so
    it allows the games to play as that's where the ownership to the entitlements would be.

One thing available is setting up the Home Console that way it shares the games with you, but
    Note You can have only one home Xbox at a time.
    . Home Xbox switches are limited to five per year. Customer support cannot offer additional switches.

For more information in regards to setting up a Home Xbox click this article:
    "How to designate an Xbox one console as your home Xbox'
Thema:

1. Cant play games that were previosly purchased - Similar Threads - Cant play games

2. I own games and cant play them without game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    I own games and cant play them without game pass: I own games diagonally and on disc and i do not have game pass anymore but i have owned these games prior to having game pass and i cant play any of them and it says i need game pass but i own the...
  3. Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games: Hello can someone please help me im having issues connecting to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games I've tried few games every games isn't connecting such as gears 2 or...
  4. Cant play older games on windows 10, will microsoft sort something out to fix this issue.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant play older games on windows 10, will microsoft sort something out to fix this issue.: Game is lord of the rings, battle for middle earth 1 and 2. Did some research many people have had this issue and have resorted to downloading dodgy fixes instead of Microsoft allowing old games....
  5. I cant play a game because of Performance Check

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play a game because of Performance Check: I have xbox game pass and I can`t open Hell Let Loose because of ,,Performance check not available...'' i want to mention that i have a good pc with 3060ti and i9 gen10...
  6. I cant play forza 5 with game pass core

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play forza 5 with game pass core: I brought a 3 months xbox gold live voucher and when I redeemed it was not was it said it was and was infact xbox core. This was not what I payed for and was mislead by Xbox which om not happy...
  7. Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?: series x keeps crashing on numerous br cant even play c.o.d d23f1d63-d163-4e5e-a7a1-e82fe542be82
  8. Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?: For several years i have owned Halo The Master Chief Collection (and DLC) Plants Vs Zombies Castle Crashers Battle Block Theater and recently after my 24 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...
  9. Me and my brother cant play the same game same time under the same gamepass subscription

in XBoX on Windows
    Me and my brother cant play the same game same time under the same gamepass subscription: So my brother used to use an xbox one s and just now upgraded to a series x and we used to be able to play at the same time on the same game and now on the new console it kicks us off the game...
  10. I cant play my EA play games on my xbox without paying

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play my EA play games on my xbox without paying: I need help. I linked my EA account that has the ea play with my xbox account but i cant download the games included in the EA play without paying for them can someone help?...