Can't play certain games on XBOX gamepass PC, keep getting File system error (-2015294512)

Discus and support Can't play certain games on XBOX gamepass PC, keep getting File system error (-2015294512) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have contacted XBOX support about trying to fix an error with XBOX gamepass on PC, where certain games will not load and will display the error... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/theawesome12323, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Can't play certain games on XBOX gamepass PC, keep getting File system error (-2015294512)

I have contacted XBOX support about trying to fix an error with XBOX gamepass on PC, where certain games will not load and will display the error message:

C:\ProgramFiles/WindowsApps\FrontierDevelopmentsPlc.FARChangingTides...\GameLaunchHelper.exe

File System Error (-2015294512)

I have tried numerous methods of fixing it including:

Reinstalling the game

Reinstalling the XBOX app

Resetting and reinstalling Windows Store / Gaming Services

Signing out and running the game as adminstrator

However none of the above works. I'm at a point where I am not sure I can continue with my subscription as I keep running into lots of issues with the app

submitted by /u/theawesome12323
    [link] [comments]

/u/theawesome12323, Apr 16, 2022
  2. Hydramoon Win User

How do I fix error code 0x80070005 and error code 0x803F8001

im getting an error when i tryt to boot up my game called "File system error (-2015294512)
  3. Chris Orz Win User

File System error (-2015294512) for PC Gamepass

Weird! Well, I suggest you try this:

Open the Settings app it is the gear in the start menu.

Open Accounts

Click Sign-in Options

Scroll down to Privacy

Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

Restart your PC!
    Unfortunately, that also didn't work. I appreciate that suggestion. The games work on the other local profile I made last night and that option is turned on for it. There is something wrong with the main profile on my computer that is interfering with its ability to run games from Game Pass, and Game Pass alone. I've played countless games and MMOs from other applications on my main profile.
  4. Chris Orz Win User

Hi there Chris welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. My solution was deleting certain files on all the accounts on the pc including admin account. Go to file explorer>this pc> (whatever drive you use)> windowsapps> msixvc> and delete all those files, you may have to change read wrote permissions but after that I was able to download and install all Gamepass games!
    Unfortunately, I cannot find the Windowsapps or the MSIXVC folders even with hidden files being displayed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Chris welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. My solution was deleting certain files on all the accounts on the pc including admin account. Go to file explorer>this pc> (whatever drive you use)> windowsapps> msixvc> and delete all those files, you may have to change read wrote permissions but after that I was able to download and install all Gamepass games!
  6. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Weird! Well, I suggest you try this:

Open the Settings app it is the gear in the start menu.

Open Accounts

Click Sign-in Options

Scroll down to Privacy

Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

Restart your PC!
Thema:

Can't play certain games on XBOX gamepass PC, keep getting File system error (-2015294512)

1. Can't play certain games on XBOX gamepass PC, keep getting File system error (-2015294512) - Similar Threads - Can't play certain

2. I can't play certain games because there is a popup for game pass. Can you make this go away?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play certain games because there is a popup for game pass. Can you make this go away?: I can't play certain games because there is a popup for game pass. Can you make this go away? 2aaa41de-46b4-4211-9e4c-caba240809ad
  3. I can't play certain games because there is a popup for game pass. Can you make this go away?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play certain games because there is a popup for game pass. Can you make this go away?: I can't play certain games because there is a popup for game pass. Can you make this go away? 846e2e31-913d-482a-a2eb-cd0f89a99baa
  4. I have had an xbox live gold subscription for years hut recently I can't play certain games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have had an xbox live gold subscription for years hut recently I can't play certain games...: There are no bans on my account can you help? 064e8c07-1862-4020-9761-2ea784deb249
  5. How come me and my friend can't play certain games together?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How come me and my friend can't play certain games together?: Me and my friend (who lives right near me) can't join certain games together. I have friends who also have this problem as well, we were playing borderlands: game of the year edition for the past...
  6. Can't play certain games anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play certain games anymore: Good evening, I have had my son's Xbox for a few years now. He passed away in 2015 due to cancer. His brother and I have been playing all the games on it without any problems even a year ago. We...
  7. I can't play certain roblox games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play certain roblox games: Hi i am unable to play some games in roblox when i try to play them a message pops up saying tha i was unable to join the game error code 103 please help me fix this problem....
  8. I can't save or play certain games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't save or play certain games: so before i had another username and all games worked fine,i changed my username and now i cannot save or play certain games for example i wanted to play viva piñata,but, it said i didnt have an...
  9. Can't play certain games with another xbox one!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play certain games with another xbox one!: We have two Xbox consoles and one is designated as a home Xbox for the live account, for some reason I can not invite my brother (and he cannot invite me) to play Rocket League or Call of Duty. I...
  10. WHY CAN'T I PLAY CERTAIN XBOX ONE GAMES THAT ARE NOW ON 360? AND WHAT IS WRONG ONEDRIVE AND ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHY CAN'T I PLAY CERTAIN XBOX ONE GAMES THAT ARE NOW ON 360? AND WHAT IS WRONG ONEDRIVE AND ...: I Was Just Minding My Own Business On My Xbox One While I Was Streaming On The Xbox App, When I Tried To Play M Copy Of Assassin's Creed Rogue On It, It Said That It Was No Longer Compatible, This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows.cannot.find gamelaunchhelper.exe forza