Can't play bluray offline?

Discus and support Can't play bluray offline? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the xbox 1 in offline mode and is the only xb1 I ever logged into so should be home xb1. I just moved so no Internet for a week, i put in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HomeBrewedHero1, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Can't play bluray offline?

I have the xbox 1 in offline mode and is the only xb1 I ever logged into so should be home xb1. I just moved so no Internet for a week, i put in the disc trying to play a bluray but says I have to connect to the Internet. Same with digital games and disc
    games. Wtf. Xb1 is a huge paper weight, my nes is better than xb1 lol

:)

HomeBrewedHero1, Oct 8, 2017
  2. Still having problems with Xbox One S Blu Ray app not playing 4K Blu Rays

Mad Max Fury Road 4K UHD disc also can't play on my xbox one s...

so the issue is the bluray player app in the microsoft store.

it needs to be updated with the latest codecs.

please update the bluray player app.

TallerSnow45360, Oct 8, 2017
  3. Tirral86
    Tirral86 Guest
    Blu-Ray App not working and gone from the App Store.

Anyone else having trouble with the Blu-Ray app?

i have just rented a bluray and it won't play. So deleted the bluray app and now can't find it on the App Store to re download.

Cheers.

Tirral86, Oct 8, 2017
  4. SammieChaos Win User

Do you have to have Internet to use blu ray player now?

Hello,

in my own experience it is possible to use the BluRay offline, however if the BluRay player needs to be updated and you are offline, it will not play disk. You may need to connect to the internet to update the player.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Forza Motorsport 5 won't install.

You can't install offline you gotta install the online day 1 updates which are Internet based

Most games can't fit on blurays nowadays
  6. ngocphi Win User

Do you have to have Internet to use blu ray player now?

I had considered that but im trying to watch the very same smallville season 3 disc I watched just fine offline 2 weeks ago
    To explain it

First and foremost

There is actually two types of bluray

Bluray and bluray live

If you look at the disk itself it usually will say if you need internet connectivity for bluray live

Just because one bluray plays doesnt mean all will play without internet connectivity

Hence why not all blurays players are compatible with bluray 2.0 which does require internet connectivity

Some content is live connected like games or updates or deleted scenes or some features that require internet

Smallville is pretty old bluray

More recent movies like infinity war etc have more features innyour extras
  7. IRB Win User

Is there a way to play bluray without wifi on the Xbox one?

Hi

If you take your Xbox Offline via Settings > Network > Go Offline

Then it should work as a bluray player without a connection.
  8. TallerSnow45360 Win User

Still having problems with Xbox One S Blu Ray app not playing 4K Blu Rays

Mad Max Fury Road 4K UHD disc also can't play on my xbox one s...

so the issue is the bluray player app in the microsoft store.

it needs to be updated with the latest codecs.

please update the bluray player app.
Thema:

Can't play bluray offline?

1. Can't play bluray offline? - Similar Threads - Can't play bluray

2. Can't play multiplayer games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play multiplayer games: Why can't I play multiplayer games on my series s ? I can play single player games tho. Ive reset my console and reinstalled, I've tried everything online which was suggested and even reset my...
  3. I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...: This is screenshot of my xbox bar [img] 6bec12a3-bcaf-4d20-9ee7-c675a3a36fb6
  4. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  5. Can't play my games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play my games: Every time I try to start a game the Xbox light on the console flashes and I get booted to home but all my streaming apps work... Is it time to get a new Xbox 7851d64a-061e-4492-84fc-35a9eea6a4bb
  6. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  7. Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x: I need to fix my backwards compatible games I try to download my profile on the Xbox 360 dash board on my series x and everytime I try to download it says I can't connect to Xbox live I've tried...
  8. I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat: I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat but it works in party chat and in other games. I've deleted the game and redownload it and still nothing, I'm lost on what to do...
  9. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  10. xbox one x can't play 3d bluray

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x can't play 3d bluray: Hello guys, i'm from germany and i have a big problem with my Xbox one x. after the last hdr fix update for the bluray player app on Microsoft store, my Xbox one x can't play any 3d bluray....