Can't pass xbox checking for updates screen on startup

Discus and support Can't pass xbox checking for updates screen on startup in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Error code : 0x80072f8f 0x00000000 0x00000201 b315d8df-30f1-41d8-b843-1eca4833c970 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bsull ��, Jan 24, 2023.

1. bsull ��
    bsull �� Guest

Error code : 0x80072f8f 0x00000000 0x00000201

:)

bsull ��, Jan 24, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please do the steps below to do a factory reset and check if it sorts out the update screen issue.

- Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

- Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

- Wait 30 seconds.

- Plug the power cord back in.

- Press and hold the BIND button (the one you use to sync controllers) and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

- Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart.

Note: If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.

- You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

- The console should start and show the Troubleshooting screen

- Choose "reset this Xbox" and there you have an option to Keep Games and Apps (already downloaded) or to Remove Everything
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Temporary Blank Screen (but still functions)

Hi John,

When you start the Xbox One console, you expect to see the green Xbox startup animation screen. During the startup animation, your console runs a full system check on all hardware components, validating the firmware and the operating system. This is
    very similar to the way a PC starts. The startup animation screen can take several minutes before transitioning to the next screen. If the system check fails to run the startup animation three times in a row, the console is flagged by the system as “do not
    run.” This will block the startup animation from running, and in its place you'll see a black screen.

You've tried factory resets, a different TV, and different HDMI cables so the issue is with the console hardware, firmware, or software. The only other option you haven't tried is an

offline system update
    . Click on the link and follow the troubleshooter to complete the offline system update.

If the issue continues after an OSU, then you will need to send the console in for repair again.
  4. Eggnogga Win User

Profiles and Saves Gone after update

I can't speak on the update or on the saved files, but you can easily just redownload your profile from the startup/sign-in screen.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox one original turns on no signal detected

Hi Niteblew,

When you start the Xbox One console after rebooting, you expect to see the green Xbox startup animation screen. During the startup animation, your console runs a full system check on all hardware components, validating the firmware
    and the operating system. This is very similar to the way a PC starts. The startup animation screen can take several minutes before transitioning to the next screen. If the system check fails to run the startup animation three times in a row, the console is
    flagged by the system as “do not run.” This will block the startup animation from running, and in its place you'll see a black screen.

In order to determine your troubleshooting steps, after pressing the Xbox button you'll need to leave your console on this black screen for at least 10 minutes.
    A black screen doesn’t always mean that there’s an error. The system checks described above run in the background and can take several minutes to complete. This may appear to be an error since you'll only see a black screen, but it can be completely normal
    except for the absence of the green startup animation screen. If after 10 minutes the screen remains black, you should attempt an offline system update (OSU).

To use the Offline System Update, you'll need:

• A Windows-based PC with an Internet connection and a USB port.
    • A USB flash drive with a minimum 6 GB of space formatted as NTFS.
    Further instructions on how to complete an OSU and the required files to download can be found

here

If this also fails, then you would need to get a new console. I hope this helps!
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

xbox one x 1TB 4k

You're probably seeing the Startup troubleshooting screen with the options, Continue, Restart this XBOX, Offline system
    update, Turn off this XBOX.

If you're also seeing an error message, Startup error solution may assist you.

Take note, Offline system updates (OSU) can't be used if the console is enrolled in a Insiders preview ring.
Thema:

1. Can't pass xbox checking for updates screen on startup - Similar Threads - Can't pass checking

2. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  3. Can't acess xbox game pass ultimate

in XboX Insiders
    Can't acess xbox game pass ultimate: (I use pc) Even though i did purchase xbox game pass ultimate, i can't acess game pass ultimate content, neither can i use cloud gaming, i have no clue whats happening at all, when i try to use...
  4. Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card: I tried redeeming a game pass core 1 month gift card and I can't redeem it. It says that I'm one step closer and to use any payment method for auto renewal. I always use the account balance for it...
  5. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  6. HIGH LATENCY WAS 173 BUT I CAN'T GET PASSED 148 MS ITS DRIVE ME CRAZY

in XBoX on Consoles
    HIGH LATENCY WAS 173 BUT I CAN'T GET PASSED 148 MS ITS DRIVE ME CRAZY: Hi people GAZ HERE CAN ANY ONE please help or forward the bad news ...and I'll have to try start dealing with it...I know I'm not going to have xbox 1 run the same as xbox x. ..... as I have had...
  7. Can't renew my Xbox Game Pass subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't renew my Xbox Game Pass subscription: I tried so many times to renew my subscription but got this message Something happened on our end. Wait 24 hours and try again Please help . 663dcfb1-7a5f-4c3c-b2c0-524cc4a492d3
  8. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  9. Xbox Game Pass App Stuck on "Checking updates", can't download, update or cancel the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass App Stuck on "Checking updates", can't download, update or cancel the...: [img] As I described on this question title, the app seems to be stuck on "checking updates". I have already tried everything in this list: 1) Login with same account on Store and Xbox App, make...
  10. Can't pass security check for Xbox Live Account on Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't pass security check for Xbox Live Account on Xbox Live: Hello Forums, I have a little bit of a issue here. I have to the security check for my account and I can't pass it. I enter my email and password,then it goes to a screen where I can chhose to...