Can't open downloaded game but cloud gaming is okay

Discus and support Can't open downloaded game but cloud gaming is okay in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Try to open a game and after 2 second screen became strange and it send me back to homescreen. Any games i download are doing that. Digital and Disc.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gabriel Lehoux-Fortin, Nov 4, 2022.

1. Can't open downloaded game but cloud gaming is okay

Try to open a game and after 2 second screen became strange and it send me back to homescreen. Any games i download are doing that. Digital and Disc.

BUT if i try to play on cloud gaming it work normaly

I have try all the options, i have done reset to factory and create a new profile. Nothing work. Someone have a idea?

*image is what screen look before it send me back to homescreen

thank you.

Can't open downloaded game but cloud gaming is okay [​IMG]

:)

Gabriel Lehoux-Fortin, Nov 4, 2022
  2. Gabriel Lehoux-Forti Win User

Just have try your 3 idea and still the same problem.

So i've done every step possible.

I have factory reset it at my friend house on his network with his profiles. Download his game and still the same problem.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Gabriel

Right now everything points to be a hardware issue. But before concluding that we can try to isolate the problem a bit more.

For this purpose try this:
    A. Use a different HDMI cable and test
    B. Connect your console to a different HDMI port in your TV
    C. Connect your console to a different TV

If you already tried the above and the issue persist, tell me what else did you tried so far
  4. MarvinaPerez Win User

Is there a way to retrieve game save from the could after a game has been removed from Game Pass?

Hi, I'm sorry that solution wasn't the right one, Yes, you should be able to download a cloud save game that has "Xbox cloud saves" and "Xbox game anywhere". However, if you no longer have access to the game, you may not be able to download the cloud save.

In order to reach the solution, follow the following steps.

Open the Xbox app on your PC.

Click the "Games" tab.

Find the game you want to download the cloud save.

Click the "Options" button.

Select "Manage saved files."

Select the cloud save you want to download.

Click the "Download" button.

Let me know if you need anything else or if your problem continues.

Sincerely.
    Marvina.
  5. ImOldManGamer Win User

Xbox One Smoking

If you chose the cloud for your game saves and not the HDD, then you will be okay.
  6. Giovanko Win User

Flight Simulator

But can i play the game with the cloud?Because i can't download it in the xbox one x
Thema:

1. Can't open downloaded game but cloud gaming is okay - Similar Threads - Can't open downloaded

2. Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher: I'm trying to open Minecraft Launcher and everytime I get hit with: "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s...
  3. Can't open store on my Xbox One X.

in XboX Insiders
    Can't open store on my Xbox One X.: I try to open it and it just doesn't do anything. Full reboot doesn't help either. Occasionally I get 0x87e1000a error. Any advice? submitted by /u/TheHellix211 [link] [comments]
  4. Can't open Xbox PC app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't open Xbox PC app: Windows 11. Whenever I open the Xbox app, it loads for a few minutes and then closes. I have tried installing the app again, repairing it, updating Windows, but nothing works. Event ID 1002....
  5. Continued > Can't open my Xbox app on PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    Continued > Can't open my Xbox app on PC.: I followed this guide and after following Tomm_A's comment on the 10th of October, I'm no longer able to open the Xbox app. All I now see is the Xbox logo and after a few minutes the app closes, I...
  6. Help! I can't open the legacy launcher anymore even after I redownload it!

in XBoX on Windows
    Help! I can't open the legacy launcher anymore even after I redownload it!: I need some serious help with the legacy launcher not working cuz. I was trying to reset my password and accidentally pressed next without re-entering the new password, So it went into an infinite...
  7. my xbox game bar isn't working at all. i can't even download it and it won't open up at...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox game bar isn't working at all. i can't even download it and it won't open up at...: I tried everything i went to youtube and support was useless. I can't open up game bar to record audio coming from the party. It was working yesterday now nothing....
  8. Can't open menus or download games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't open menus or download games: Hello, I've been having an issue on my Xbox Series X where the downloads of games are just stopping for no reason. I have about 700gb of storage so that's not the reason, but the downloads have...
  9. Honestly can't believe there isn't a way to open my files that I download.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Honestly can't believe there isn't a way to open my files that I download.: Tried downloading the soundtrack and a wallpaper pack from Ubisoft Connect app, found out that there is no File Explorer app anymore. I now have no way to get those files onto my Xbox, and have...
  10. Can't download the Battlefield V open beta!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't download the Battlefield V open beta!: I pay 5.99 a month for EA Access, so I should be able to download the Battlefield V beta now. But when I try to get to the downloadable game through either the EA Access app or the Microsoft...