Cant Modify Apps Windows 11

Discus and support Cant Modify Apps Windows 11 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I play a game that has an in game voice chat, and *I am unable to hear anyone* (This is my main issue) and unable to talk to anyone. I've tried many... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by naomi gardiner, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Cant Modify Apps Windows 11

I play a game that has an in game voice chat, and *I am unable to hear anyone* (This is my main issue) and unable to talk to anyone. I've tried many solutions, one inside the game and ones to do with the settings on my computer. Something I noticed while trying to fix my problem, is that I cannot modify the app when I go into "Apps And Features" tab. Why is this? I'd assume there is an option to allow access to a mic there, but I cannot modify the game in my computer settings at all. Again I am running windows 11 so its hard to find any solution to my problem. Any thoughts?

Side Notes: The game is also an Xbox thing, and Xbox has access to my mic. I've watched videos saying that my age should be 18 on my Microsoft account as well, which it is. I really just cant seem to find any solution to my problem. I've also contemplated trying a headset. again, I've thought of many solutions but I haven't found any that work yet. thank you

:)

naomi gardiner, Aug 22, 2022
  2. RainingRoses Win User

Hey, no worries! Thanks for the update.

You can check the date of birth on your account here:

Microsoft account | Home

You’re on an adult account anyway because you were able to access your privacy settings/online permissions (child accounts get redirected to a support page when doing so without an adult).

See ‘Why NAT type is important’ and try the recommended troubleshooting in this guide:

Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues | Xbox Support

and the various possible solutions here:

Troubleshoot problems with party audio on Windows | Xbox Support

An Open NAT allows you to play online with anyone regardless of their NAT type, and Moderate and Strict limits the ability to only play with certain players. This can often affect party chat as well.

Also, regarding your headphones, does the issue persist with another pair? Try this if possible (perhaps wired and not Bluetooth if possible) and if you can hear others with a different headset, then this would indicate a compatibility or settings issue with the skullcandy headphones.

If the error only occurs in Sea of Thieves and you’re able to successfully here friends in other games, contact Sea of Thieves Support or reach out to them on Twitter @SoT_Support - they should be able to point you in the right direction if you send a DM.

Feel welcome to post back with an update on this here anytime :)
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Hi Naomi,

May I ask exactly what game you’re referring to, or does this issue occur regardless of this factor? What Headset do you have - is it an official Xbox model or a third party one?

Are all your privacy settings correct on your account? If you’re on a child account (under 18, or under 19 in South Korea), a parent/guardian as the adult in the same Microsoft Family would need to sign in and adjust these account settings for you. Refer to:

Manage Xbox online safety and privacy settings | Xbox Support

The specific settings you need to enable/allow for voice chat:

‘Others can communicate with voice, text or invites’ - set to Everyone (or just friends)And for cross-play:

‘People outside of Xbox Live can communicate with voice and text’ - set to allow (or In-game friends).Also, what’s your NAT type? You can confirm this in Network Settings in the Xbox Console Companion App

An Open NAT type (compared to Moderate or Strict) is always more ideal and preferred for online multiplayer/matchmaking.

Hope this helps.
  4. naomi gardiner Win User

Hi!

sorry for the late reply. I am referring to Sea of Thieves. My account is set to 18 years old, at least on this website. is there another place I should check?

Also, I've gone into my xbox settings and all the ones you mentioned are set to what you said. And my NAT type is moderate. What is this by the way? And what's the difference between the NAT types?

As for my headphones, I have skull-candy blue tooth headphones. I haven't tried any other, because I assumed I wouldn't need headphones to hear other people.

Thank you!
  5. Poacher505 Win User

My Xbox gamepass for PC wont find my external HDD

Hi

I have upgraded to windows 11 for reference.

The folder WindowsApps wont grant permissions to allow me to modify it.

kind regards

Rob
  6. onehsCU Win User

How do I install a game on PC to D: drive, not C: drive, using the XBox app?

Thema:

1. Cant Modify Apps Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Cant Modify Apps

2. issue we found your console but cant connect

in XBoX on Windows
    issue we found your console but cant connect: Hello ..I cant stream xbox on my laptop,every time there is an issue we found your console but cant connect...i have 5g internet and i enadbled streaming on other devices on xbox...
  3. Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio'

in XboX Insiders
    Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio': Hi all, i tried to play a 4k Blu Ray disc on my Xbox (X series) and it came up with an audio error, i need to unselect 'Let my receiver decode audio'. I can unselect it but it doesn't stay at that...
  4. Why cant I interact with group posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I interact with group posts?: I cannot interact with group posts in any way. When I try to create a post, I get a message sayinh there was a problem. When I click the "I'm Interested" button, I get a notification saying it was...
  5. I cant get Dungeon Siege to run on My PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant get Dungeon Siege to run on My PC: I've tried messing with a bunch of different things/settings that others have recommended online, and still cant get the game to run on windows 10, id love some guidance, or for someone to...
  6. Cant redeem Minecraft to child account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant redeem Minecraft to child account: I bought a copy of Minecraft for my kids account, but I cant seem to enable it on their account. No email was received on their end, yet I was billed for a copy. fd1b06f1-251f-4be8-9dee-1105ae8972b6
  7. can. hear. But cant. Talk. On wireless. headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    can. hear. But cant. Talk. On wireless. headset: Just. bought. Razor. Wireless. HEADSET. I. HAV SERI. X. AND. A NEW. HICENCE. TV. ICAN HEAR. BUT CANT. TALK f617d3a1-280a-462c-8059-923f90c4c9f1
  8. Cant claim robux

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant claim robux: so i have 5,226 points and im trying to claim a 200 robux gift card thats 3,000 points but i cant and when i try to on pc on here it says i need a phone number but i cant pay for it atm...
  9. cant join parties even thought its NAT open

in XBoX on Windows
    cant join parties even thought its NAT open: I can make my own party just fine, but when anyone joins i get an error. when i try to join a discord voice chat i also get an error. i cant show a screenshot right now because this happened over...
  10. Cant use remote from my xbox app on phone

in XboX Insiders
    Cant use remote from my xbox app on phone: I cant connect my remote play everything is enabled and im signed in on the app and console but the app just shows my pfp and says “turn on your console and sign in with your account” but it is on...