Can't make any changes to my Xbox Profile.

Discus and support Can't make any changes to my Xbox Profile. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased a Series S for my son for Christmas and while everything works great as far as gaming, I cannot do anything with my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Chris Texeira, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Can't make any changes to my Xbox Profile.

Hello, I recently purchased a Series S for my son for Christmas and while everything works great as far as gaming, I cannot do anything with my profile. As in, I can't change my GamerTag (I was randomly given some odd name). When I try, I get a message saying "Error. one or more services are experiencing an outage. Pease try again later. " This has been going on for over a week with the same message. There is no outage because I created another account for my son so he can have his own thing and I'm able to edit/change anything I want, including the Gamertag. Yet the second I log off his account and back into mine, things go back to limited customization. I'm also unable to add a Location or anything in the "Bio" box. I'm also unable to add a profile photo. Basically, the ONLY thing I've been able to do is to change the color of the backgroud...

A few things that I'm sure will be brought up:

1. Yes. I've used multiple browsers. Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge

2. Yes, I've tried on the Desktop site, the Mobile App (on both my phone and iPad), and of course on the Consol itself.

3. Yes, I have a payment method on file that I use for game pass and purchases now (I mention this because through searching someone mentioned you need a payment method).

4. No, I've never changed my Gamertag in the passed. I've had an Xbox for about a week now at the most...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. What concerns me is Microsoft has my payment method on file yet I have no control over my own profile. Makes me weary about security having these restrictions while the account I created for my son works perfectly fine.

Thank you,

Chris

:)

Chris Texeira, Dec 31, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Chris Texeira,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We understand that you are trying to change your gamer tag and is unable to because of the try again later error message. Based on your description, you have tried to use the devices and browsers to ensure you can change your gamer tag.

May we know if your account's country/region and devices match your current location?

How about using mobile data or hotspot? Were you able to change your gamertag?

Please post a screenshot of the error message and conceal any personal information.

Guide: How to change your Xbox gamertag | Xbox Support

We look forward for your update.

Regards,

4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Chris Texeira,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for posting to the Microsoft Community.

First, I would like to offer our deepest apologies for the lack of a timely response to your question. We suffered some unexpected staffing issues over the holidays and clearly we let you down.

Can you please let us know if you still need assistance with this, or if you already solved it through another path? Again, our apologies, and thank you for your understanding as we try to catch up.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Chris Texeira,

We appreciate your time getting back to us.

I apologize for the inconvenience; we continue to monitor this thread and numerous more, but you have not yet responded. Can we ask for the responses to our questions?

1. May we know if your account's country/region and devices match your current location?
    2. How about using mobile data or hotspot? Were you able to change your gamertag?
    3. Please post a screenshot of the error message and conceal any personal information.
    We would offer you with instructions on how to contact our support team if you wanted to get in touch with someone who would respond to you at your convenience. In your next reply, kindly let us know.

Regards,

6. Chris Texeira Win User

Poor assumption. This issue has definitely not been resolved. You guys give me a measly 72 hours to respond and take over a week yourselves to get back to me? Come on now...Some of us have careers and don't play these things 24/7.

Anyways, is there someone higher up that can literally look into my account rather than ask me if I've set things up a certain way in homes I'm doing it right in the first place.? An actual Tech support that calls back? I've attempted numerous ways and have gotten nowhere.
Thema:

1. Can't make any changes to my Xbox Profile. - Similar Threads - Can't changes Profile

2. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  6. I changed my age, and can't do features I use to have.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my age, and can't do features I use to have.: I changed my age which was orginally over 18, and changed it under, and now I can't access some features I use to be able to access, like custom profile pictures. I thought nothing bad would...
  7. Can't change my profile picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change my profile picture: Everytime I try to change my profile picture on the Xbox app to a custom profile picture it says "try again in a bit. Something went wrong". I've been trying to change it now for 2 days. Do you...
  8. How do I change the email to a xbox 360 profile if I have lost the email and I can't...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change the email to a xbox 360 profile if I have lost the email and I can't...: Essentially I have this old profile which I want to bind to my email as I used to play on it alot when I was younger but due to me not having access to the email or password I can't sign in to...
  9. I can't change my Xbox profile picture and idk why

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change my Xbox profile picture and idk why: I've tried several times with different pictures none of them being Inappropriate. My friends can change their pfps but u can't and it's frustrating fba343dc-2785-471a-ba75-bde407a1c961
  10. I can't change my XboxAccount profile picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change my XboxAccount profile picture: When I try accessing the account.xbox.com website to change my profile picture, upon clicking the "Change player picture" link I see a modal with a loading circle that never stops. I checked the...