Can't login to Xbox live with child account

Discus and support Can't login to Xbox live with child account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son is unable to log into his account. He is told to log into xbox.com and when he does i have to log in, I am then told that i need to allow his... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StuartBradley, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Can't login to Xbox live with child account

My son is unable to log into his account. He is told to log into xbox.com and when he does i have to log in, I am then told that i need to allow his account (although he has had one since last January with no problem), I click allow and then I get an error
    message saying my account is missing either my name or date of birth which it is not. I have spent over a week trying to get this sorted with no joy whatsoever! Spoke with support on live chat who escalated the case to the advocacy team but have heard nothing
    from them in past 4 days.

Has anyone had this problem resolved it seems quite popular recently?

:)

StuartBradley, Jan 2, 2014
  2. SPITFIRE-SIX
    SPITFIRE-SIX Guest
    Xbox is telling me to get Gold even though I have it?

Another way to attempt to fix this, is to remove the account from the xbox in settings->accounts-> remove accounts. After that is removed login with that gametag again to force the console to fetch your live subscription data. In rare cases your Xbox account and live account will lose sync.

SPITFIRE-SIX, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Converting offline account to Live account

Same issues. Couldn't migrate the offline account to a LIVE account for a child on the xbox. Had to set the account up online which generated a GamerTag. When I then went to the offline child account on the xbox it asked for the adult login to verify
    - did that - then it said the email address for the child account was already associated with an Xbox Live account. The only thing I could do is create a new profile on the Xbox. It's ridiculous there is no way to associate the new Live Account/Gamer Tag
    to the exisiting offline account for a child account.

MutableTomcat02, Jan 2, 2014
  4. PerryMoerland Win User

Can't login at the Year in Review

Like Microsoft or Xbox live?

I can login on the Microsoft site, I can login on Xbox live services like on the Xbox itself or the Xbox app,

I just can't seem to login to the site, Or atleast when I've logged in the login button becomes solid, and when i try to go to my account, I directly get prompted to a Childs privacy site from Microsoft.

So i can't seem to do anything on the site, and Year in Review doesn't work.
  5. MutableTomcat02 Win User

Converting offline account to Live account

Same issues. Couldn't migrate the offline account to a LIVE account for a child on the xbox. Had to set the account up online which generated a GamerTag. When I then went to the offline child account on the xbox it asked for the adult login to verify
    - did that - then it said the email address for the child account was already associated with an Xbox Live account. The only thing I could do is create a new profile on the Xbox. It's ridiculous there is no way to associate the new Live Account/Gamer Tag
    to the exisiting offline account for a child account.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Rodina menit vek [Translate] Family vary age

Once you register an xbox live account as a child account you can't change it. The parental account can change privacy settings of the child account though.
  7. Njal the Blue Win User

The Microsoft Family Con!

Ok, simply put

Child One has Xbox Live Gold and games.

Child two has their own console.

Child one sets child twos console to their home xbox. Thus allowing the sharing of child ones Live Gold and games.

Child one signs out and ensures auto login is switched off on child twos console.

Child one can login on any other console and have access to their games and Live Gold etc.

Edit: You can only have one Xbox console set as your Home Xbox console. As soon as you set another Xbox console as Home Xbox, it cancels the other out. So all having the 3rd console set as Home Xbox will wipe the other Home shares out.

Yes the Home Xbox is designed for use on one console and it will work as described with two consoles in the house. A third console would need its own Xbox Live account for the third person to be able to use Live Gold etc.

Unfortunately there is no way around digital transfers between accounts.

Microsoft Family is only for you asa an adult to be able to monitor your childrens accounts, as long as they are set up as the correct age and not attempting to bypass the restrictions that a child account has.
  8. M3tal Daz3 Win User

How to modify date of birth in child’s account

You can't change a child account into an adult account once registered for xbox live. You can modify the DOB under your MS account's page yet that will not upgrade a child account into an adult account for the live service.
Thema:

Can't login to Xbox live with child account

1. Can't login to Xbox live with child account - Similar Threads - Can't login live

2. Can't login to LIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't login to LIVE: DISCONNECTS to live. Says I'm connected to Internet. Then. Says. Not connect ted e88915e5-5d84-4405-ab87-8af44fe26e9d
  3. I can't login to xbox pc live using my email. I've tried using my sons account and it went in.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't login to xbox pc live using my email. I've tried using my sons account and it went in.: I can't login to xbox pc live using my email. I've tried using my sons account and it went in. d27d0d79-8e40-4d85-bb8a-64103d404d96
  4. can't login to xbox 360 live at all what do i do

in XBoX Accessibility
    can't login to xbox 360 live at all what do i do: I've used multiple accounts to try logging into the xbox360 live but won't login and says to use a different account, which i have tried. I am also the parent account. need help...
  5. Xbox app and gamepass app: Login live hangs on continue button. I can't use either app as I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app and gamepass app: Login live hangs on continue button. I can't use either app as I...: Xbox app and gamepass app: Login live hangs on continue button. I can't use either app as I can't sign in to my account. Every other MS app allows login. How can I log in to these apps?...
  6. Fortnite can't login to my Xbox live account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fortnite can't login to my Xbox live account.: I have messaged and talked to people at epicgames ND they tell me everything is good on they're end. So now I have to talk to Xbox. Its been a week now since my daughter been able to play...
  7. I can't login into Xbox Live in Grounded

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't login into Xbox Live in Grounded: When i try to login into Xbox Libe in Grounded i get the message "The request is blocked." with Ref A: 0EC997D88F0E40648E7EBC9AFD18D360 Ref B: VIEEDGE4405 Ref C: 2023-04-03T21:19:17Z under it. Ive...
  8. Can't login to my live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't login to my live account: Need help logging in to my live account 33abba60-8c85-4861-b75a-9fb298feb38d
  9. Hi I can't login with my live account no more what can I do to get my profile back

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi I can't login with my live account no more what can I do to get my profile back: Need help with profile on live account on 360 159775db-f180-4228-8fe3-ef4331d75431
  10. I can't login to Fortnite it says unable to sign in to your account for xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't login to Fortnite it says unable to sign in to your account for xbox live: Unable to sign in to your account for xbox live 23da8f5c-5609-4d7a-84da-3332e18b3937