can't login to my son's account, getting this is not you , but us error when confirming my...

Discus and support can't login to my son's account, getting this is not you , but us error when confirming my... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi All, Please help. I need to confirm my 9 years old son email account. When signing in I'm getting following: [img] Well, i follow the prompts and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Val Kotler, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Val Kotler
    Val Kotler Guest

can't login to my son's account, getting this is not you , but us error when confirming my...

Hi All, Please help.
    I need to confirm my 9 years old son email account.
    When signing in I'm getting following:
    can't login to my son's account, getting this is not you , but us error when confirming my... [​IMG]

Well, i follow the prompts and enter my email/pass, then i get following:

can't login to my son's account, getting this is not you , but us error when confirming my... [​IMG]

Thus i'm stuck , i cant confirm his account and he cant sign in to his XBOX.
    Please Help!

:)

Val Kotler, Oct 13, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

can't login to my son's account, getting this is not you , but us error when confirming my son's account

Hello Val Kotler,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

Base on the post description and on the screenshot, the accounts need approval/parental consent as it is detected by the system as a child account. This is for the safety of children. To know more information please refer to this link: Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts.

To fix this situation, here is what you should do.

• Sign in to Microsoft Family Safety with your Microsoft account.
    • Add a family member (your son's account)> enter the created email address and follow the steps to invite.
    • Accept the invite > when prompted to choose between being a guardian or not, choose skip this step as you should still have some days to be able to skip the step. After that, follow the procedure and the error should not appear.
    You can add a personal email address for the verification steps, preferably the one which will be the main account for the family safety.

Please note that this way is doing it backward, as it is better to first to sign in the family safety and create the child accounts directly from there. It prevents situation like the one you faced.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

can't login to my son's account, getting this is not you , but us error when confirming my son's account

Hi Val Kotler,

We are glad to know that everything is working now. Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.

We value your feedback, click Yes or No to help us improve the support experience. Voting responses will also be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Happy gaming!

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Val Kotler Win User

Hi Geri,

well, i tried the procedure again and when i got to the guardian prompt i did not see the skip option, but i did see "learn about guardian" or something like that. I clicked that and it lead me to a screen where it asked me to confirm the age of the child! so i tried and made my son 20 years old, clicked confirm and it let me in!
    Suddenly everything became normal again, he got confirmed as family member and can sign in to XBOX again.
    At this point i afraid to reinstate his real age and risk to get locked out again...
    But in any case it's a lot better than being locked out of the account.
    Thank you for the advise, not sure if this is what you had in mind, but it does work, for now :)
  5. ParkJaeHyun0423 Win User

자녀 계정 사용을 위한 성인인증 시 I-PIN에러[I-PIN error during adult authentication to use your child's account]

I want to get an adult certification for my son.

But I can't

After login with my account, when I click to I-PIN certification button, expose a error message on corresponding pop-up window.

'This is an unusual approach.'
  6. Lauren MTC Win User

I no longer have access to the email account which my son created his Xbox Minecraft account under.

Hi Geri,

Thank you for reaching out.

Firstly I can confirm that it is a Microsoft Account. The issue is that the account was created using my ex-husband's Microsoft account, which I can not access.

I can not legally login into his account and so I want to move all of my son's game profiles off my ex-husband's account to merge onto a new profile. The only way to do this is to be able to access the existing account, which I don't have access to.

Since my son plays the Xbox and not my ex-husband, my ex-husband left the Xbox with his son when we separated.

How can I verify that the game accounts on the Xbox belong to my son when they are registered on my husband's Microsoft account. I can't provide order history as I can't access the account to provide it.

Thank you.
Thema:

1. can't login to my son's account, getting this is not you , but us error when confirming my... - Similar Threads - can't login son's

2. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  3. Xbox app can't login

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app can't login: My Xbox app won't let me log in. Every time I start it up, I'm logged out. When I click to log in, the app immediately shows me my account and the "Let's start" button. When I click it, the app...
  4. Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Can't login after factory reset?!?! Buffer grey box, with spinning wheel!: Help! My games (gamepass & subscribed) were working earlier, then I tried playing this afternoon, and I was getting an error. So I tried removing all accounts, and try login in afterwards, and it...
  5. I can't login using my account

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't login using my account: Before I bought minecraft on my own account, I borrowed my friend's account for awhile to play. Now that I bought the game on my account, I went to the minecraft launcher and it kept asking me to...
  6. Can't login on XBOX Cloud Gaming (LG WeBOS)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't login on XBOX Cloud Gaming (LG WeBOS): Hi When i try to login to Cloud Gaming on my LG TV trough browser (there is no app at the moment) i am getting an error: "Oops! We hit a snag. We're sorry but we encountered an issue with your...
  7. Can't login to LIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't login to LIVE: DISCONNECTS to live. Says I'm connected to Internet. Then. Says. Not connect ted e88915e5-5d84-4405-ab87-8af44fe26e9d
  8. I can't login to xbox pc live using my email. I've tried using my sons account and it went in.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't login to xbox pc live using my email. I've tried using my sons account and it went in.: I can't login to xbox pc live using my email. I've tried using my sons account and it went in. d27d0d79-8e40-4d85-bb8a-64103d404d96
  9. Why can't my son login to starwars battlefront 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my son login to starwars battlefront 2: hi my son purchased star wars battlefront 2 today, after a lengthy download he cannot sign in 'you are offline'. Could someone please advise me how to change this so he can play with his friends....
  10. Son can't play Fifa 17 as it's downloaded under my login

in XBoX on Consoles
    Son can't play Fifa 17 as it's downloaded under my login: Please can someone help? I have no knowledge of Xbox - I bought one for my son and set it up yesterday- I set it up under his name but as he is a child I was required to enter my email as the...