cant link Live account to avatar

Discus and support cant link Live account to avatar in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Pardon me, I know nothing about the Xbox 360. I set up an Xbox Live account, but when I try to sign in on the console, I just keep going back to a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PaNcAkE MaN 276, Jan 6, 2014.

1. cant link Live account to avatar

Pardon me, I know nothing about the Xbox 360. I set up an Xbox Live account, but when I try to sign in on the console, I just keep going back to a screen with the three avatars my son set up. There is no where to enter the login info of my Live account.
    When I go into settings on the console, my 'account' area is grey so I cant look in there. Also, how do we delete those avatars? Please help, someone, we need to get Live on our console. Thank you

:)

PaNcAkE MaN 276, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Fuhgeddit
    Fuhgeddit Guest
    Does XBOX live still work for the Xbox 360?

1) does the 360 you have have the wifi adapter? It should say on the box

2) there are free games with Xbox live subscription every month. There could be free avatar stuff but mostly everything is to pay for.

3) Xbox live is still alive for the 360 and I'm sure there are people playing some of those games. Just not sure how many.

4) don't need a Kinect for Xbox live.

5) yes, you'll be able to play the single player after the month. However, you need Xbox live go play it multiplayer

6) your account is linked to the email address provided so you'll always have that account if you have the email address and password linked to the GT. the one month trial is only for online play.

Fuhgeddit, Jan 6, 2014
  3. Mike Brier
    Mike Brier Guest
    Download Profile; MS Account associated with different Xbox LIve profile

thanks for your feedback, Juan. Problem is that I have not yet (ever) been able to link my Xbox Live account to my avatar at all. So I don't get the download avatar option

Mike Brier, Jan 6, 2014
  4. Sean2383
    Sean2383 Guest

Morning Mrtine,

Sorry you're having issues getting Xbox live on your console. Hopefully we'll get this sorted!

-

So, there are 2 ways to create a live account. You can create one on xbox.com, or you can promote a profile on your console.

If you have created your account on xbox .com, it won't be linked to any of the profiles (avatars) on your console. What you need to do to be able to access xbox live on your console is to download your profile - you can find the easy to follow steps on
    doing that at
    support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

-

To promote an account on your xbox, normally you sign in with that profile and then press the xbox guide button on your controller. The second option down is join xbox live - following the steps there would promote this profile to an xbox live account.

-

You mentioned that you have already created an account - so the step for you to follow will be downloading your profile

-

You also asked how to delete avatars or profiles on your console. The above link to download your profile also very handily has a step by step way of also deleting profiles.

-

Hopefully this sorts your problem and you can enjoy the delights of Xbox Live!

Sean

Sean2383, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Sean2383 Win User

Morning Mrtine,

Sorry you're having issues getting Xbox live on your console. Hopefully we'll get this sorted!

-

So, there are 2 ways to create a live account. You can create one on xbox.com, or you can promote a profile on your console.

If you have created your account on xbox .com, it won't be linked to any of the profiles (avatars) on your console. What you need to do to be able to access xbox live on your console is to download your profile - you can find the easy to follow steps on
    doing that at
    support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

-

To promote an account on your xbox, normally you sign in with that profile and then press the xbox guide button on your controller. The second option down is join xbox live - following the steps there would promote this profile to an xbox live account.

-

You mentioned that you have already created an account - so the step for you to follow will be downloading your profile

-

You also asked how to delete avatars or profiles on your console. The above link to download your profile also very handily has a step by step way of also deleting profiles.

-

Hopefully this sorts your problem and you can enjoy the delights of Xbox Live!

Sean
  6. AlphaBobcat-7E5C78DE Win User

Attaching child's Xbox live account to his Avatar

Hi,

The Xbox avatar is linked to the Xbox Live child account, so the restrictions that you apply to his Xbox Live Account are automatically applied to his Xbox Avatar.

I hope it answers your question !
  7. PliantLeaf7326 Win User

Wrong Gamertag ON Console

Thanks this worked to put the account on the console but it is not with the avatar already on the console. My son has played for years and wanted to keep his avatar with the live. Is it possible to link them? Or move all of the achievements to the new
  8. Fforest Win User

Attaching child's Xbox live account to his Avatar

Hi Alpha. Thanks for taking the time to reply. My problem is that I don't think the child account is linked to his avatar. The avatar has been on the Xbox for ages and I created his account using my laptop. I don't see anywhere that has linked the two
    together. The points accumulated on his avatar and his character design are not present when I log into his Xbox account on the pc, which makes me think they are not connected. Was I expecting too much to find an option on his Xbox avatar that says 'Link
    to Xbox Live Account'? :)
  9. Mike Brier Win User

Download Profile; MS Account associated with different Xbox LIve profile

thanks for your feedback, Juan. Problem is that I have not yet (ever) been able to link my Xbox Live account to my avatar at all. So I don't get the download avatar option
Thema:

1. cant link Live account to avatar - Similar Threads - cant link Live

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Why cant I link the accounts?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I link the accounts?: I just created a new xbox account and new epic games account about an hour ago. I have a fortnite gift card that I'm trying to redeem but I need to select xbox under the select what you play on...
  4. Cant change account linked to Playstation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant change account linked to Playstation: My Microsoft account that was linked with my Playstation one got hacked and i ended up just creating a new one but i cant login with the new account because i cant unlink my previous one....
  5. Sons xbox account cant link to epic games account because account (mine) already is an epic...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sons xbox account cant link to epic games account because account (mine) already is an epic...: Maybe some lovely smart people can help me wrap my brain around this. It doesn't seem like it should be so confusing and hard to do but it is. I have been in contact with epic games support for...
  6. Why cant I stream to Twitch from my Xbox even though it is showing them as linked?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I stream to Twitch from my Xbox even though it is showing them as linked?: I have been trying to stream from my Xbox to Twitch with no success. I went to Capture & share and clicked live streaming. I followed the instructions to link Twitch and Xbox. As soon as I link...
  7. Cant start stream on Xbox with twitch, endless loop of linking my twitch account

in XboX Insiders
    Cant start stream on Xbox with twitch, endless loop of linking my twitch account: Overall the problem is that it says my accounts are linked but when I go to stream it pops up saying I need to link my account, I do what it says then boom it pops up again and again and again. I...
  8. Why cant I change the Microsoft account linked to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant I change the Microsoft account linked to my xbox account: Please respond, I would like to know why I couldn't change my xbox accounts Microsoft account to my new Microsoft account. 5e85eac8-5fa4-4bbb-9b80-b24b64f841e7
  9. why i cant acces the link to change my region? the link is not working on the office support

in XBoX Accessibility
    why i cant acces the link to change my region? the link is not working on the office support: the link in the help section is not working [img] 8b7c5d9d-84bd-4946-a0ca-5a34cbd58c3e
  10. Cant link the xbox live 12 month card to my kids account - error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant link the xbox live 12 month card to my kids account - error: Hi, my kid bought an xbox live gold card for 12 months. When i enter his profile and enter the card number, it recognizes it. however, when I confirm, it gives always the same error message...