Can't Launch the xbox app on PC

Discus and support Can't Launch the xbox app on PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; [img] When I launch the app on pc, it stops on the launch screen as seen in the attached image. I have a series of fixes that have not worked listed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Isaiah Sudderth, May 14, 2024.

1. Can't Launch the xbox app on PC

Can't Launch the xbox app on PC [​IMG]

When I launch the app on pc, it stops on the launch screen as seen in the attached image. I have a series of fixes that have not worked listed below:

Clear the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows key + R and type wsreset.exe then hit enter.
    • An empty Command prompt will pop open. Let it be for a few seconds and the command line will close automatically (after it has cleared the cache behind the background) and Microsoft Store will be launched in its place.
    Reset Xbox app.

• Go into “Settings” or press Windows key + I
    • Choose “Apps"
    • Choose “Installed Apps”
    • Choose “Xbox app”
    • Click the “…” on the far right of the screen
    • Choose “Advanced Options”
    • Scroll down to “Reset”
    • Then launch Xbox app again to see if it works.

Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Uninstall and reinstall Xbox app.

• To uninstall, type Xbox app in the Windows search box, right-click and click Uninstall. After uninstalling, restart the computer.
    • To reinstall, Open the Microsoft Store, search for Xbox app using the search box, and click on install. Or you can click on this link: Xbox App for Windows PC | Xbox click on download the app button.
    You can try ending the task in Task Manager. Try the following the steps below:

• Press simultaneously Ctrl + Shift + Esc button to launch the Task Manager
    • Right click on Xbox app and select End Task.
    • Restart your device.

Update the Xbox and Gaming Services apps:

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

I have also ran these commands through Command Prompt to no avail:

• [table][tr]DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth[/tr][tr][td]DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth[/td][/tr][tr][td]DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth[/td][/tr][tr][td]SFC /scannow[/td][/tr][/table]

:)

Isaiah Sudderth, May 14, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Isaiah, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Which Windows verison you are using?

Please, do a clean boot and test the app.

Press Windows Key + R > Type msconfig > Select Services > Check the box Hide all Microsoft Services > Select Deactivate All.

Restart your computer.

Let me know if it works!
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Dragon age origins won't launch

But the question is if you can use the EA app or no, if you can't launch the EA app uninstall it as well as the game, then restart the Pc and install both again
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Xbox Cloud games wont launch.

5. Shippy84 Win User

I cannot find the Minecraft DLC I purchased in Minecraft. I checked everywhere else and I shows I own it but I cannot open it in Minecraft

I have the same issue, I've just purchased through Xbox app on pc, when I launch the game I can't find it anywhere and in game marketplace is asking me to purchase it.
  6. x PAYLOAD x Win User

Game Pass on both platforms.

Thema:

1. Can't Launch the xbox app on PC - Similar Threads - Can't Launch app

2. pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services

in XBoX on Windows
    pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services: this has been a problem on my laptop for a very long time now. I have tried to fix the xbox app stuck launching bug by removing gaming services and reinstalling it through powershell as some...
  3. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  4. I can't launch starfield on pc on xbox app error code: (0xc000001d)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't launch starfield on pc on xbox app error code: (0xc000001d): I can't launch starfield on pc on the xbox app: error code:(0xc000001d) I know that I am not the only one who expirenced this error! Pls help. 9346c691-3ca0-43fd-9fb6-f1dc062ee6cc
  5. Why can't I launch games from the Xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I launch games from the Xbox app?: Whenever I try to launch a game from the Xbox app, the game loads for a couple of seconds and then closes. I've already tried restarting my PC. I got this file system error on my screen:...
  6. Hi. I have problem with xbox app on Samsung tv qn95 . I can't launch game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi. I have problem with xbox app on Samsung tv qn95 . I can't launch game.: Hi. I have problem with xbox app on Samsung tv qn95 . I can't launch game , when I trying launch game I get error : we are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found. The URL misspelled or...
  7. Xbox app will launch games, BUT can't sign into games that require signing in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app will launch games, BUT can't sign into games that require signing in: I'm using Windows 11. I have looked all over online to fix this issue. I have gone into settings and repaired all xbox apps. I have deleted game services and re-installed it. I have uninstalled...
  8. Can't launch any Xbox games on Xbox App on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch any Xbox games on Xbox App on PC: I have the Xbox PC App, and Xbox Gamepass, have had it for a while and have always been fine running any game before, but suddenly can't run anything. AS of now, if I try to start up a game, I get...
  9. Can't get the xbox app to launch!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get the xbox app to launch!: Xbox app will not launch on pc, hangs on the xbox icon then closes instantly every time. I have tried literally every solution available and still nothing. I can't install it from the website...
  10. Can't launch games through xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch games through xbox app: hello. I'm a new gamepass customer and cannot launch games I download through gamepass via my xbox app. I press play and absolutely nothing happens. when I open my task manager said game is not...