Can't launch any Xbox games on Xbox App on PC

Discus and support Can't launch any Xbox games on Xbox App on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have the Xbox PC App, and Xbox Gamepass, have had it for a while and have always been fine running any game before, but suddenly can't run anything.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Toll_Apar, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Toll_Apar
    Toll_Apar Guest

I have the Xbox PC App, and Xbox Gamepass, have had it for a while and have always been fine running any game before, but suddenly can't run anything. AS of now, if I try to start up a game, I get a minimized window called DesktopWindowXamISource which I can't open or close unless I force it to close through Task Manager (on which it appears as "GameServicesUI.exe"). Then nothing happens.

• Have reinstalled the Xbox App
    • Have updated Windows, the Windows Store, and Microsoft OneDrive (As I heard that's sometimes connected to "DesktopWindowXamISource".
    • Reinstalled all the games (Though I also have an issue where every time I reset my computer, 4 out of 5 times the Xbox app will load up and say I don't have any games installed.
    • Updated the Gaming Services (Which was required after a fresh install of the Xbox App)
    This started after I tried fixing a problem I had with Master Chief Collection, where when I launched it I had my desktop cursor, not the MCC one, and I couldn't click anything and it wouldn't load. The fix just had me uninstall and then reinstall the Xbox app with a couple of windows features resetted.

Your help would be really appreciated, this has been driving me crazy jumping between solutions that don't seem to work!

:)

Toll_Apar, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, this is really strange, it could be some kind of corrupted file that the above procedures failed to resolve.

In certain cases you will have to reinstall your operating system.
  3. Toll_Apar Win User

Hello Georges C.,

Thank you so much for the reply, I really appreciate the help! I followed all of these steps and I seem to have a little progress but I'm still not there: I still get the minimised icon called DesktopWindowXamISource, and the games don't launch. I go into Task Manager and force close "Gaming Services UI", and THEN the game runs - this has worked with Tunic, Oblivion and Vampire Survivors. I have to do the Task Manager process every time. But Grounded and Hi-Fi Rush won't launch at all for me. Don't even get the weird DesktopWindowXamISource application in my tray to close. Thoughts?

Thanks again,

Tolly
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Toll_Apar, we have received some similar occurrences in the community, however try to follow the procedures below.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

CHKDSK

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

The system will ask you if you want to run CHKDSK after restarting the system, press Y on your keyboard and then type "Exit" and restart the computer, it will scan in DOS mode.
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Games/Xbox

When you try to launch any game via the Xbox app on the PC it will ask to connect a controller prior to launching.
  6. Default Username 675 Win User

Gamepass Ultimate PC is asking me to join up even though I already have GP Ultimate already?

Happening to me too.

Can't launch any Game Pass game.

XBox app on PC is behaving poorly (no list of installed games, searching for games not working)

Store app claims I need to join Game Pass, but Microsoft Support says I still have 6 weeks of Game Pass Ultimate.

Previously, the game I want to play (Slay the Spire) would only launch from XBox(Beta) app.

But now the XBox app is broken, I can't search for the game. It appears to serve no other purpose at the moment then displaying the games that are available on game pass.
Thema:

1. Can't launch any Xbox games on Xbox App on PC - Similar Threads - Can't launch games

2. Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't launch the XBOX app on my PC, even if i have the game pass: It's been three days since i cant even launch the app. It stays on the white xbox logo and then after a while deseppear. When i go to the website or the windows store it does nothing. It even...
  3. My Xbox One X has been slow, laggy and can't launch games it used to.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One X has been slow, laggy and can't launch games it used to.: My Xbox One X has been laggy, slow and can barely handle FORTNITE. I have done a reset of my system including rebooting it and now it seems worse than before. Games it won't launch are the...
  4. Can't launch Xbox Gamepass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch Xbox Gamepass games: After the Windows update, I tried launching Football Manager 2024 and Totally Accurate Table Simulator and both games didn't work they gave me the same error. I tried resetting Microsoft and Xbox...
  5. Can't launch my game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch my game: Every time I try to launch my newely installed game (call of duty warzone) it tells me that it needs an update then it gives me the error 0x8b050033 this has been heppening for two days now, I've...
  6. Can't Launch PC Game Pass games from any other drives other than my C: drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Launch PC Game Pass games from any other drives other than my C: drive.: So I'm trying to play the new Forza Motorsport (which is 124GB), I've installed it to my 2TB D: drive where I store most of the big games I play, where it opens the launching game page, says...
  7. Can't Launch Games on PC Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Launch Games on PC Game Pass.: So I cannot launch games from the PC Game Pass. I'm on a Windows 11 PC. Yes, my game pass is current. I click the play button in the most recent list and click the play button on the game page...
  8. Can't launch newly downloaded Back4Blood from Game Pass. Popup says 'Easy anticheat unknown...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch newly downloaded Back4Blood from Game Pass. Popup says 'Easy anticheat unknown...: I'm trying to launch my new downloaded Back4Blood game from Game Pass. A screen pop ups saying it's Easy Anti-Cheat and it seems it's 'Initalizing'. Unfortunately, a window pop ops and says 'easy...
  9. Can't view library/install or launch games. Gaming Services error?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't view library/install or launch games. Gaming Services error?: My library won't show, and I can't launch games. If I try to install a game, it prompts me to install Gaming Services and then hangs forever. I've tried everything in the link below, and nothing...
  10. Can't Launch Some Xbox Gamepass Games. Sign-in box just shows a white screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Launch Some Xbox Gamepass Games. Sign-in box just shows a white screen: Pictured below is what happens to games that require this Microsoft login. This happens to every game that requires this kind of authentication. I'm able to launch other Gamepass games that do not...