Can't join parties and host games. Have tried every solution online that I can find....

Discus and support Can't join parties and host games. Have tried every solution online that I can find.... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hi there. My husband and I play games at the same time (mainly Destiny at the moment) and one day last week, I was playing on his xbox (but it's also... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by eyreoo, Nov 5, 2021.

1. eyreoo
    eyreoo Guest

Can't join parties and host games. Have tried every solution online that I can find....

Hi there. My husband and I play games at the same time (mainly Destiny at the moment) and one day last week, I was playing on his xbox (but it's also my home xbox too) it prompted me to play offline because the network couldn't be found. No big deal. I played and beat the game and didn't need to be online for it.

Since last Tuesday, we haven't been able to both be in a party together. If I'm not there, he can hear everyone and talk. If he's not there I can hear everyone and talk. If we're both there, we get a message that parties and messages are down (and error code: 0x800c0005). If we try to do fire team chat, someone else in our party can't speak or hear any of us. We were able to make Fire Team Chat work once, but other than that, nothing. We can still play without the parties, but sometimes one or both of us has trouble hosting or joining games (even games hosted from other people in our group).

I had to use the xbox App on my phone to be in the party with my husband and our two friends just to hear each other.

I have googled and tried EVERYTHING I can and nothing works. Talking to support gets me nowhere. Talking to Spectrum and they just blame it on xbox because Xbox is still receiving internet.

I have tried power resetting both of our xboxes. I have unplugged the router, modem, multiple xboxes. Cleared the cache on both. Hard reset both. I have tried alternate MAC addresses. I have done everything the virtual agent has asked me to do on both xboxes and nothing.

I have tried port forwarding with one from bungie.net. I have tried taking away my home xbox and reinstating it. I have tried deleting my profile and redownloading it. I have done the same on his. I have checked the privacy and security section for both of our xbox accounts and it's all open as it should be. I have checked my Gamepass Ultimate subscription and it's still in good standing. Both of our NATS are open.

We share a Game Pass Ultimate (on my account). He plays on the home xbox for both of us and I play on a separate one in the bedroom.

Any ideas on what else I should try?

EDIT: Also, when I try to play games like Mass Effect legendary edition where it requires syncing data, it doesn't work and I get error code: 0x80832003.

It has been like that since Tuesday.

:)

eyreoo, Nov 5, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

Can't join parties and host games. Have tried every solution online that I can find. Spectrum insists that it's on xbox's end. HELP

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

Go to the console's advanced network settings and in the port selection, the consoles use the same port. If both consoles use the same port, switch to another port (either one) on one of the consoles. Clean the MAC of both consoles again and test the chat party again, please.
  3. shattadeyya Win User

Your connection to XBOX LIVE has been lost.

Yo I tried every step u guys were talking about and I still have that same problem I can't join or host games online or stay logged in for more than five minz and I have strong wireless connection can anybody help me wit this pls?
  4. Atlas lll Win User

Xbox Companion App Party on PC not WORKING Any clues?

I have the exact same problem on my PC. Xbox Game Bar and the companion app don't let me use party chat. It says I'm in the party, but I can't hear my friends and they can't hear me. What's weird is, it worked perfectly a month or two ago but now it doesn't
    work at all. I've tried every solution I could find online and nothing works.
  5. RaGe iNinja Win User

Party Joining Problems

Have you tried having different people hosting the parties that you try to join? Can you join private chat?
  6. PoffDaddy87 Win User

XBOX LIVE having problems.

I know they are working on it but I can't join friends parties. I can see them online but they can't see me. I have checked my settings and everything is as it should be. I can play online games and create a party of my own but can't join friends. Not
    sure if issues are the same.
Thema:

1. Can't join parties and host games. Have tried every solution online that I can find.... - Similar Threads - Can't join parties

2. When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...: When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to my friends. Then it removes me and says party chat disconnected. What can I do?...
  3. Can't Join Xbox Parties on windows 10

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't Join Xbox Parties on windows 10: Can't Join Xbox Parties on windows 10. The issue sometimes only happens to certain parties as well. I can create and invite friends to a party, but joining theirs is rarely available. I've tried...
  4. Why can't I join a xbox party?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I join a xbox party?: Whenever I try to join one It is greyed out and won't let me join, but I can make one. I tried going through my social settings and everything is correct, so just looking for any advice....
  5. I can't join party..s

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't join party..s: Ehm so I try to join friend party but it day my account won't let me but I'm still able to join other people's party I'm a little pissed ready I'm on pc by the way using game bar. My social number...
  6. My Xbox Profile can't join parties.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox Profile can't join parties.: Im on windows 11 and it says I can't join parties under the party I'm currently trying to join, however i can create them but not sure it i can talk, as well i have already check my xbox satftey...
  7. Why can't I join parties?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I join parties?: I cannot join parties or send messages despite no suspensions, the message "your xbox profile is not able to join parties" appears when I try clicking on the join party button on my friends...
  8. error code party chat can't join in

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    error code party chat can't join in: so i have this code 0x8923104f tried what they say online when asked on support the drop down what is the fault option is not there for things that don't work if you have a code i asked about...
  9. Can only join a party if I start it, but can't join anyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can only join a party if I start it, but can't join anyone elses: When I'm invited to a party, I get stuck on 'connecting' then removed from the party, however if I start the party myself and invite the others it works. Any ideas why this might be? I've tried...
  10. Party Code too long? Code for lobbies that are over 6 characters can't be made or joined....

in XboX Insiders
    Party Code too long? Code for lobbies that are over 6 characters can't be made or joined....: Pretty much the title. Code for lobbies that are over 6 characters can't be made or joined. Don't know how to fix it. submitted by /u/DJ_JAZZY_JOSH [link] [comments]