Can't join/host multiplayer in Minecraft

Discus and support Can't join/host multiplayer in Minecraft in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I can join and host all multiplayer games EXCEPT for Minecraft even though my settings say I can join/host multiplayer games. I have uninstalled and... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Bentlee Johnson, Feb 23, 2023.

1. Can't join/host multiplayer in Minecraft

I can join and host all multiplayer games EXCEPT for Minecraft even though my settings say I can join/host multiplayer games. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Minecraft, unplugged my Xbox and have even reset it and it is still not working.

:)

Bentlee Johnson, Feb 23, 2023
  2. iTsFx Win User

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

If you cannot add friends or join their world, follow these steps to fix the issue:

Both Java and Bedrock players can experience trouble adding people or joining their world due to their Microsoft account privacy settings.

You may be having trouble joining other people's world because of your NAT status (This depends on your network configuration, but it can be fixed)

Your friend may not have his world set as "Open to LAN" or if he is hosting the server on a PC, his ports are maybe closed which is why you can't join.

Your firewall might be preventing you from joining the world

For instructions on how to fix such issues, visit this official Minecraft article:

[BEDROCK] https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...

[JAVA] https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/36...
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Unable to Connect to World Minecraft Xbox One

4. ImAice Win User

Joining and hosting multiplayer minecraft servers

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Can you check your privacy settings please?

https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Settings

Make sure that under Privacy, Xbox One/ Windows 10 online safety, everything is set as ALLOW and EVERYONE.

Note: If you own a child account, make sure to change the settings using the parent account, okay?
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Can't join Lan game on Minecraft

Make sure you are doing the following:

Multiplayer Options

Minecraft (Bedrock) supports the following multiplayer options:

• Locally hosted multiplayer world via LAN or Xbox Live
    • Realms
    • Servers (unofficial, third party server software)
    Locally hosted multiplayer world via LAN or Xbox Live

Any world can be a locally hosted multiplayer world, and accessible to other
    Minecraft
    players.

To start, create new world or load an existing one. Then, select World Settings (pencil icon)
    MultiplayerMultiplayer Game. If all players are on the same local network, you may also toggle on
    Visible to LAN Players.

Other player(s) can join the world by navigating to the Friends tab and selecting the world.
  6. Catherine Cus. Win User

Can't access multiplayer

If you can't hear your friends in an Xbox Live party or you can't join or host a multiplayer game using Xbox Live on Windows 10, follow the solutions provided on this

link

Thank you.
Thema:

1. Can't join/host multiplayer in Minecraft - Similar Threads - Can't join host

2. Why can't i join or host a terraria server?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i join or host a terraria server?: Hi I bought terraria one month ago to play it with my friends. However i needed game pass ultimate, so i bought it to play multiplayer. When i want to play multiplayer i can't join a server, when...
  3. Why can't I join or host servers? P2P/SIG: no_session(3)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I join or host servers? P2P/SIG: no_session(3): I was playing Minecraft Education Edition on my school account and I could play with no disruptions or problems but suddenly out of nowhere, I couldn't host a server or join other player's...
  4. Game pass ultimate on PC, can't join online games or host

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass ultimate on PC, can't join online games or host: I have Xbox game pass ultimate for PC, the games I had downloaded are working fine but the only issue is I can't join my friends online or host any game. I have checked my NAT and it says moderate...
  5. I can't host or join an online game with a specific friend on my friends list and I am not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't host or join an online game with a specific friend on my friends list and I am not...: We have tried playing against each other on Fifa multiple times for the past week and whenever either of us joins each other it lags us out of the session and says the other friend disconnected....
  6. Can't join parties and host games. Have tried every solution online that I can find....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't join parties and host games. Have tried every solution online that I can find....: Hi there. My husband and I play games at the same time (mainly Destiny at the moment) and one day last week, I was playing on his xbox (but it's also my home xbox too) it prompted me to play...
  7. Can't connect to online games, nor join/host any Voice Chats. [PC and Xbox]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to online games, nor join/host any Voice Chats. [PC and Xbox]: I was wanting to play with a buddy of mine, but I can't get in the game whilst he can, I checked online and saw others having similar issues, but I can't join my buddy's party neither on my xbox...
  8. Can't join Minecraft servers: (Unkown host)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't join Minecraft servers: (Unkown host): I have played on one specific server called Minewind. And from nowhere I could'nt join the server anymore because of "unknownhost". I thought it was my DNS settings, but so far I have hard time...
  9. Can't join/host multiplayer for new Stardew Co-op update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't join/host multiplayer for new Stardew Co-op update: Hi, I was able to host and play the new Stardew Valley co-op for about 6 hours approximately 3 days ago. All of a sudden my friend gets kicked from the game and has been unable to connect to my...
  10. Can't join/host multiplayer games with certain friends

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Can't join/host multiplayer games with certain friends: Can't join/host multiplayer games with certain friends So one of my friends and I cannot join multiplayer lobbies together, doesn't matter which games we try to play either, we cannot get into...