Can't install xbox gamepass pc games in my external hard disk

Discus and support Can't install xbox gamepass pc games in my external hard disk in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an SSD with low memory just for the windows 10 system so I use an external hard disk with 1TB to download larger files and games. I saw that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ElioenaiRoberto, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Can't install xbox gamepass pc games in my external hard disk

I have an SSD with low memory just for the windows 10 system so I use an external hard disk with 1TB to download larger files and games. I saw that some people had the same issue so I tried the proposed solutions for it's problem but actually didn't work on my pc.

Can't install xbox gamepass pc games in my external hard disk [​IMG]

Already changer "where new apps will be saved" and restarted my PC.

Already selected where the app will install games by default, but something is diffenrent.

When I choose the SSD it appears the folder the game will be installed, differently from the external hard drive.

When I try to download any game the external hard drive doesn't show up as an option.

:)

ElioenaiRoberto, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Have you tried as I mentioned, to split the hard drive and install games on the new partition?
  3. ElioenaiRoberto Win User

Another weird thing I just found out is that Sea of Thieves and Astroneer actually can be installed in my external hard disk

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But when I try to install Halo I can't. I also tried Doom Eternal, Deep Rock Galactic, Deadcells, Skyrim and a bunch of other games

[​IMG]

Halo

[​IMG]
  4. ElioenaiRoberto Win User

It's weird because my hard drive is already in NTFS

[​IMG]
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi ElioenaiRoberto! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Try this steps please

Open Start, type: powershell

Right click PowerShell

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type the following then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Exit Powershell then restart.

-----------------------------

After this Install the Xbox app again and follow this steps:

Open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following Services:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

Reboot PC

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

Clear and reset Store cache in Windows:

Step 1: Close Windows Store app if it’s running.

Step 2: In the Start menu search box, type WSReset (Windows Store Reset) to see Wsreset in the search results.

Step 3: Right-click on WSReset and then click Run as administrator option.

Step 4: restart Pc and Modem/router

then

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Excellent, have a great day
Thema:

1. Can't install xbox gamepass pc games in my external hard disk - Similar Threads - Can't install gamepass

2. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  3. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  4. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  5. Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...: I have a Ryzen 3 3100 Gt 1030 2 GB 16 GB RAM Can't install sea of thieves because I have X on system requirements even though I meet all the requirements as I had sea of thieves on my...
  6. I can't install game on Gamepass Ultimate on the PC or update games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install game on Gamepass Ultimate on the PC or update games.: I can stream them. What is wrong I havetried all advised steps. ee90efac-d459-4a48-8f38-3bf67b0cf026
  7. I can't install any Gamepass games on my pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install any Gamepass games on my pc.: I was experiencing slow download speeds, then i decided to leave the xbox insider preview. After this happened the xbox app broke. Everytime i try to download a Gamepass game on it stops without...
  8. Why can't I install fallout 4 on my computer via gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install fallout 4 on my computer via gamepass?: I bought fallout 4 game of the year edition on my xbox through my ultimate game pass subscription. I have been playing it on the xbox but now would like to play at my computer. When I select...
  9. Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games: Getting an error within the gamepass app on PC "Gaming services failed with error code 0x8007007e. Tried powershell commands, deleting Gaming Services from registry, creating another account on...
  10. I can't install Ubisoft games from Xbox Gamepass | Não consigo instalar jogos Ubisoft do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Ubisoft games from Xbox Gamepass | Não consigo instalar jogos Ubisoft do...: English: I can't install any Ubisoft game listed on the Gamepass. Before install the game, properly, it always order me to install Ubisoft Connect even when it's already installed. Well, I install...