Can't Install Xbox app or Gaming Services from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Can't Install Xbox app or Gaming Services from Microsoft Store in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] Box is greyed out on both. I've tried removing programs and powershell fix, no success. e29a7929-a6c8-49e7-9fa8-f7f437479b16 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by M Jeb, Mar 21, 2023.

1. M Jeb
    M Jeb Guest

Can't Install Xbox app or Gaming Services from Microsoft Store [​IMG]

Box is greyed out on both. I've tried removing programs and powershell fix, no success.

:)

M Jeb, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Jean-Pascal1350 Win User

Xbox Game Pass Game Installation Error/ Powershell Removal Error

Hi,

I also have a similar issue... with code 0x00000001 for one app and 0x80073D19 for an other

Even with a fresh install with the latest optionnal updates I still can't play nor install any games from the MS store.

Have you checked your services?

One of the gaming services is always stopped and can't start.

+ when reinstalling the gaming services app from microsoft store, I have not received any User Account Control (UAC) prompt. Is it the case for you?
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

reveals the last update of your Windows

How to reverse Windows 10 to a previous version of Windows

To return to a previous version of Windows, perform the following procedure:

If your computer is disconnected, be sure to connect it to the wall outlet and click Next.

Click Start and type "recovery".

Select recovery options (system configuration).

In recovery, select back to Windows [x], where [x] is the previous version of Windows.

Select a reason for reversal, then click Next.

Click back to Windows [x].

Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the reversal.

When the reversal is completed, the computer will start in the previous version of Windows. If you used a password to log in to the previous version of Windows, you will need this password to log in.
  4. Gabe Bodnar Win User

I cannot install gaming services for the life of me

i am signed into microsoft store and the xbox app with the same account, my windows 11 and xbox app is up to date, i have used wsreset.exe on the microsoft store numerous times now, i follow each wsreset with an attempt to download gaming services either through the xbox app, or through microsoft store using the gaming services page i can access by putting the "start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN" command in powershell. none of these solutions have solved the problem, downloading from the xbox app still does nothing and the microsoft store still freezes the second i click install on the gaming services page. i cannot update gaming services because it isnt installed, i still cannot get it to install.

For clarification i am not having issues with updating gaming services, i am having issues INSTALLING gaming services. i was having other issues with gaming services before hand and the fix i followed involved uninstalling and reinstalling gaming services, the problem is that i cannot re install gaming services, NOT that i cannot update it. i do not have the app installed and i am trying to install it. reinstalling gaming services is quite literally the last step in the fix of the previous issues, but now i have a different one. (not being able to REINSTALL gaming services)
  5. SammyVS Win User

Sea of thieves Sea Dog Pack not in inventory

Browse for content to install from the library in the Microsoft Store app or by browsing the store. If you can't find it or can't install it, I recommend contacting game support.
  6. Iker2 Win User

Xbox App doesn't launch

Thanks OpticRJames,

I finally managed to solve the problem, reinstalling the Gaming Services App from the library of the Microsoft Store, and installing the Xbox App form there too.

Thanks for the help
Thema:

1. Can't Install Xbox app or Gaming Services from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Can't Install app

2. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  3. I can't install assasin's creed Valhalla on my PC in English via the Xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install assasin's creed Valhalla on my PC in English via the Xbox app?: I am having trouble installing assasins creed Valhalla on my PC via the xbox app as it won't let it install in English? It is giving me the option to install in other various languages except for...
  4. Can't install XBOX App on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install XBOX App on PC: I've had GamePass since September 2023 and it has been working great. Yesterday when I tried to launch an installed game from my PC a white line went under it like a progress bar. It kept saying...
  5. I can't install Xbox app on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Xbox app on Windows 11: Hi, I've just reinstalled Windows 11 on my PC. All updates, drivers etc installed OK. When I opened the Microsoft Store it updates all the apps but then seems to get stuck on the Xbox app and the...
  6. Can't install Xbox App on windows 10 laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Xbox App on windows 10 laptop: I can download the app. But can't seem to install it. a17e8316-74fb-4279-9b22-7d3cbf9bb62c
  7. Can't install any app on my xbox series x. How do i fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any app on my xbox series x. How do i fix?: I was wanting to reinstall spotify on my xbox series x just to find out i can't install any app. Error code 0x80244022. c93fb2e7-52eb-4a1c-a945-190278963c88
  8. Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.: Specifically, I am trying to install Sea of Thieves. I have had this game since around launch and so had this game installed previously, but I had uninstalled after not playing for a long time and...
  9. Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?: I have tried everything I could to make it work, everything that is written in support and it still doesn't work. I just get an error message and the code is: 0x87e0000f...
  10. XBox App - Can't Install Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox App - Can't Install Games: I've installed the XBox app and up until about a day or two ago it was working fine. I have multiple drives in my system labeled; C - Windows D - HDD For Games F - SSD For Games R - Media...