Can't install/update XBox App

Discus and support Can't install/update XBox App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, When trying to install the XBox App I get the error code 0x80073D05. I have tried the following: Using WSReset.exe Using powershell to reset... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by cmartin83, Dec 5, 2021.

1. cmartin83
    cmartin83 Guest

Hi,

When trying to install the XBox App I get the error code 0x80073D05. I have tried the following:

• Using WSReset.exe
    • Using powershell to reset the microsoft store
    • reinstall gaming services
    • used the reset and repair options in Apps and Features (for microsoft store)
    Is there any fix other than doing a clean install of windows?

:)

cmartin83, Dec 5, 2021
  2. MarcTappert Win User

Xbox One Windows 10 Wireless Adapter Issues

Same here. Apparently there is supposed to be an "Xbox Accessories" app that installs automatically with the drivers, to allow firmware updates, which might resolve these issues. But the app isn't installing, and I can't find it in the app store.
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? Hope you're well. My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Are you trying to install the application through the Microsoft store or the executable that can be downloaded from the website?

Are your windows 10 or 11?

If you are trying to download from the Microsoft store, please try to download from below.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-pc

But if you are trying the site, try downloading directly from the Microsoft store, please.

- Check if your windows are using the latest version, in this case, if it is windows 10 it is 21H2. You can be checking this information by following the instructions below.

Go to settings

System

About

If it is not this version try to update your system by windows update, please. To do this follow the instructions below.

Select the Start button and then go to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update.

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community, I hope this can help you. Let me know if the issue is resolved, please.
  4. EagerSkydiver60 Win User

Can't install some games on xbox game pass for PC?

I have restarted, restarted modem, flushed dns, signed in and out etc, also tried task manager fix. tried looking in windows store for updates, as per recommendation from another website. No luck. The mobile app can't install games, my other computer
    can't install games, the windows store can't install games, and the xbox beta app can't install games. This is seriously broken and I haven't seen any effort from Microsoft to fix it
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Can't install Gears 5 on PC

Hi Pawer 8,

You will need to update Windows to 1903 in order to download the Xbox (beta) app game launcher and then you will be able to download games available in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. If the update is not being offered in your Windows update settings, try running
    the Xbox (beta) app installer and it should also walk you through updating Windows.

The installer is found here: https://www.xbox.com/xbox-app

If you still can't update Windows to download the app, then try using the Update Assistant: https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

I hope this helps!
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

Installing Internet Explorer or Edge in X Box 360

With the latest dashboard update you should have Edge browser installed on the Xbox 360. You don't install Internet explorer or Edge, they come preinstalled and they can't be uninstalled. Please look for it in the apps list.
Thema:

1. Can't install/update XBox App - Similar Threads - Can't install update

2. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  3. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  4. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  5. Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...: I have a Ryzen 3 3100 Gt 1030 2 GB 16 GB RAM Can't install sea of thieves because I have X on system requirements even though I meet all the requirements as I had sea of thieves on my...
  6. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  7. i can't download/update/install games on my xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i can't download/update/install games on my xbox series s: So last night i decided to play some cod cold war and copied the game from an eternal drive i had it on to my internal xbox drive. its 150 gig worth so not a small game. after it was done copying...
  8. I can't install game on Gamepass Ultimate on the PC or update games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install game on Gamepass Ultimate on the PC or update games.: I can stream them. What is wrong I havetried all advised steps. ee90efac-d459-4a48-8f38-3bf67b0cf026
  9. I can't install update for Halo Infinite, getting error 0x80070490, what do I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install update for Halo Infinite, getting error 0x80070490, what do I do?: Hey, I can't install update for Halo Infinite, getting error 0x80070490, anyone can help? 820c1b38-910c-4d7c-9a18-20f2d07b9bdb
  10. Xbox PC App stuck on checking for updates, can't download, cancel or pause installations.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC App stuck on checking for updates, can't download, cancel or pause installations.: I can't download any game, it's stucked on 0 B/S everytime i launched xbox app the same is with canceling any installation or pausing I've tried to fix it, i repaired it and restarted MS and xbox...