Can't install to driver

Discus and support Can't install to driver in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever is try to change the install location to my driver on the Xbox app the location never changes. I can't install any games because my storage is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Scoozi54, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Scoozi54
    Scoozi54 Guest

Can't install to driver

Whenever is try to change the install location to my driver on the Xbox app the location never changes. I can't install any games because my storage is full, but my driver has plenty of space. Can someone help??

:)

Scoozi54, Jul 13, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can't install to driver

Yes please, most of the Xbox app games requires an NTFS partition

To avoid formatting the entire drive (if you don't mind)
    I can advise you to create a new NTFS partition shrinking the one you want to use:
    https://www.diskpart.com/articles/partition-ntf...

And don't forget to select the new partition as where new content is going to be installed via Windows settings > System > Storage
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can't install to driver

So, you already have an NTFS partition.

Right?

If you're on Windows 10 open Windows Settings (You can do it via keyboard pressing Windows key + I) > Select System > Select Storage, there you should be able to see the option to select the new drive

If you're on Windows 11 steps are the same, but once inside Storage, scroll down a bit until you see the "Advance storage settings" text and click on it
  4. Scoozi54 Win User

Can't install to driver

I've downloaded sea of theives already, but now I can't download any others. But I will try changing to nfts! I'll lyk if it works
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can't install to driver

You're welcome!

So, is everything working as usual now, right?
  6. Scoozi54 Win User

Can't install to driver

Sorry for the late reply, Ive been busy, but where do I go once I get to storage?
Thema:

Can't install to driver

1. Can't install to driver - Similar Threads - Can't install driver

2. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  3. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  4. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  5. Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...: I have a Ryzen 3 3100 Gt 1030 2 GB 16 GB RAM Can't install sea of thieves because I have X on system requirements even though I meet all the requirements as I had sea of thieves on my...
  6. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  7. Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass: Hello, I can't seem to install any Ubisoft game on the Xbox pc app only three dots come up on the install button. I've tried to Uninstall other apps/games but that hasn't worked please help me....
  8. I can't install assasin's creed Valhalla on my PC in English via the Xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install assasin's creed Valhalla on my PC in English via the Xbox app?: I am having trouble installing assasins creed Valhalla on my PC via the xbox app as it won't let it install in English? It is giving me the option to install in other various languages except for...
  9. Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?: On 9/1/23 I purchased Starfield Premium Edition on my PC through the Xbox app on PC. I am not able to re-install the Premium Edition of the game for some reason. f15a2f1d-ef4d-4917-84a6-61ba8fe16e51
  10. Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft: Can't seem to figure this one out. Says "Something unexpected happened." and gives this error code 0x80073d19 602466b2-0b6b-4706-bb99-8d1704e3fb73