Can´t install Sea of Thieves in Secondary Drive (Tried in my D:/ and O:/). Says I don´t...

Discus and support Can´t install Sea of Thieves in Secondary Drive (Tried in my D:/ and O:/). Says I don´t... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I have 20GB in my C:/ drive but when I go to install Sea Of Thieves I just can´t because it says I don´t have enough space. Thing is my O:/ drive... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Super_X, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Super_X
    Super_X Guest

Can´t install Sea of Thieves in Secondary Drive (Tried in my D:/ and O:/). Says I don´t...

So, I have 20GB in my C:/ drive but when I go to install Sea Of Thieves I just can´t because it says I don´t have enough space. Thing is my O:/ drive as 130GB of free space and I can´t install it because I´m out of space. Already tried setting default app drive in System Setting to that one but it din´t work. What should I do? I can´t just free up 69GB to install Sea of Thieves and the C:/ for me is not supposed to be used for games.

Some screenshots

Can´t install Sea of Thieves in Secondary Drive (Tried in my D:/ and O:/). Says I don´t... [​IMG]

Can´t install Sea of Thieves in Secondary Drive (Tried in my D:/ and O:/). Says I don´t... [​IMG]

:)

Super_X, Sep 12, 2021
  2. Jay_answers Win User

Can´t install Sea of Thieves in Secondary Drive (Tried in my D:/ and O:/). Says I don´t have enough space (Windows 11 Insider Beta Channel)

Windows 11 beta channel might be refusing to play nicely with your drive selection. My dad (I havent had the guts to upgrade to Windows 11 on my any computers) upgraded to Windows 11, and some things work, some things wont.

Further, I have never had any issues switching drives when installing games. In fact, on my Surface Pro, I have managed to install and play many games on an external drive and memory card. So, the Xbox app is pretty solid when it comes to supporting multiple drives, even external ones.

So, ultimately, putting one and two together, I would say, you took a risk by upgrading to Windows 11 beta channel. This is perhaps, one of its effects. You could wait for Windows 11 updates to fix these issues. Or, go back to Windows 10 where things will work as expected.
  3. skys7 Win User

Kinect-Are we being watched?

How come you know that Kinect is male shhhh don´t tell people ! :p

DON´T say his REAL name :eek:
  4. andersonpassos Win User

How to install sea of thieves If there wont ever be enough space on C drive

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

You can try the following steps to install Sea of Thieves on a different drive:

Create a symbolic link (also known as a "junctions") between the folder where Windows Store installs apps on the C drive, and a folder on the D drive. This tricks the Windows Store into thinking the app is installed on the C drive, when it's actually on the D drive.

Uninstall Sea of Thieves from the Windows Store, if it's already installed.

Open an elevated Command Prompt window (right-click the Start button and select "Command Prompt (Admin)").

Run the following command to create a symbolic link:

mklink /J "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SeaOfThieves_1.0.29.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" "D:\SeaOfThieves"

Close the Command Prompt window and open the Windows Store app.

Reinstall Sea of Thieves and it should install to the D drive, using the symbolic link created in step 4.

This should resolve your issue and allow you to install Sea of Thieves on the D drive.
  5. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Installing games from disc question

If its a full game download you don`t need the disc at all.

i wouldn`t bother installing the disc you have either ,prior to activating the code.

i can`t be sure ,but it may not allow you to install the download version if you already have the game installed on your drive.
  6. FredericoMiguel Mart Win User

State of Decay 2 fechando na tela inicial -[Translation - State of Decay 2 closing on the home screen]

And I´ve already tried the gameplay issues on windows 10, but only simple measures. Didn´t helped me too.

It´s not a problem of Video Card, its not a problem o reinstalling, its not a problem ou reinitiating the PC after installing.

I don´t know what to do anymore.
Thema:

1. Can´t install Sea of Thieves in Secondary Drive (Tried in my D:/ and O:/). Says I don´t... - Similar Threads - Can´t install Sea

2. can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook: can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook the wireless one but I am wondering if the wireless receiver would work on a chromebook 8d441067-6167-482d-baf5-8c0570ed48b9
  3. Where can I find figment save files?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where can I find figment save files?: I want to move the save files of Figment: Journey into the mind but cannot seem to find the save files anywhere. fb74c236-e670-4b44-91ae-95314a1064a1
  4. How can I use my PS$ controller to play xbox pc games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I use my PS$ controller to play xbox pc games?: I got told I can use it to play on xbox pc, i can use it through the app but when i open the game it wont allow me to use it anymore... what can i do to fix this?...
  5. I can get my controller off of fast scroll.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can get my controller off of fast scroll.: I can get my controller off of fast scroll. 763744de-ab88-4474-b311-8b17845f245d
  6. can someone help me with my xbox one s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can someone help me with my xbox one s?: my xbox one s turns on, but doesn’t display anything to my tv, controllers can’t connect and my xbox turns off after about 20 seconds, i’ve tried hard resetting it but that doesn’t work either, it...
  7. XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...: im trying to play madden and ten minutes into playing my xbox logs out and takes me back to the home screen then the button infront of the xbox blinks i have a cooling system on it to prevent over...
  8. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  9. I can´t install Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    I can´t install Xbox App: I am trying to install minceraft but if i i try to open the launcher, i get an error: Failed to initialize GDK. Please make sure Xbox App and Gaming Services are up to date and running. So i...
  10. I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002): When I try installing the xbox app with the installer I get this error: it seems that something went wrong, we could not install the app (0x80070002) [img] When I try to install it with the...