Can’t install or uninstall games on Xbox 1

Discus and support Can’t install or uninstall games on Xbox 1 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I try to uninstall or install a game, or play a game on cloud it fails to work. I have tried everything listed in this article:... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bianca Brett, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Bianca Brett
    Bianca Brett Guest

Whenever I try to uninstall or install a game, or play a game on cloud it fails to work.

I have tried everything listed in this article: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/i-cant-uninstall-games-on-my-xbox-one-s/ebf45910-1160-47a6-8f54

. This lets me uninstall games until I try to install a game or play cloud (which continues to not work), after which I am again unable to uninstall games.

No fail screen is shown in any of these cases

:)

Bianca Brett, Jan 11, 2023
  2. Bianca Brett Win User

I have tried literally all of these; they have not helped
  3. Francia J. Win User

I’m sorry for the trouble. Do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console? A corrupted hard drive may cause issues as well.
  4. Bianca Daley Win User

I have tried literally all of these; they have not helped
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform an extended power cycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  6. ferperez3 Win User

“Instillation Stopped” as soon as I start downloading

I can’t install the game Ark Survival at first it wasn’t loading the game and would go to Home Screen so I uninstalled to see if I’ll install and fix the problem but now it says “Installation stopped” now stuck with this no.
Thema:

1. Can’t install or uninstall games on Xbox 1 - Similar Threads - Can’t install uninstall

2. Xbox dev mode help can’t install safe mode on Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox dev mode help can’t install safe mode on Xbox: I just started setting up dev mode on my Xbox but now I’m trying to install safe exit and the other things I need but I keep getting hit with an error message saying the install failed can someone...
  3. I can’t get mw3 to install?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t get mw3 to install?: Hi , I had to uninstall mw3 because it wouldn’t update now it won’t download or install 05b38637-29df-4f72-b9c1-86cca6ad5c32
  4. Can’t install rainbow six siege on Xbox one S despite having the game pass corr

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install rainbow six siege on Xbox one S despite having the game pass corr: It’s my understanding that Xbox game pass core includes rainbow six siege. This is the only reason I bought the game pass. However, when I go to install it I’m only give the option to buy game...
  5. Can’t install Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install Forza Horizon 5: I’m trying to install Forza Horizon 5 on Gamepass through my PC. I had it in the past but now that I have disk space in reinstalling it. However, I tried to install it and the button greyed out,...
  6. Two Xbox’s one has all of our games to play an other only has them installed can’t be played

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Two Xbox’s one has all of our games to play an other only has them installed can’t be played: Two Xbox’s the Xbox series x has all my games and DLC on it. Well my Xbox one can see everything installed but can’t play any games or DLC. For example I have a sims 4 disc so I put that in to...
  7. Can’t install MW3 on xbox one? Please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install MW3 on xbox one? Please help: Hi; I bought MW3 on xbox one and tried to install, but keep getting error message saying can’t launch this. I’ve cleared my cache by holding the power button and unplugging. I’ve also...
  8. Can’t install anything on my asus computer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t install anything on my asus computer: Hi, I need some advice regarding windows 11 pro, I can’t install anything on my Asus gaming pc can’t install updates, can’t install iTunes I got ea install and install paradise burnout but that’s...
  9. Why can’t I install Conan exiles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I install Conan exiles: I’m trying to install Conan exiles on gamepass and it says it’s installable but when I try to install it it says it’s not sold separately and only lets me download the nudity dlc but it shows on...
  10. I have two minecraft games installed and I can’t uninstall either of them does anyone know...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have two minecraft games installed and I can’t uninstall either of them does anyone know...: Does anyone know how I can fix this issue with me having two Minecraft’s d78dab61-ebdf-4de3-b58d-5c4d5c4d179d