Can't install or play installed games on Xbox app, telling me to download 'Gaming Services'

Discus and support Can't install or play installed games on Xbox app, telling me to download 'Gaming Services' in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The Xbox App tells me to download gaming services, but I already have it and have reinstalled it several times. The app won't let install anything or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Liam Ashley, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Liam Ashley
    Liam Ashley Guest

Can't install or play installed games on Xbox app, telling me to download 'Gaming Services'

The Xbox App tells me to download gaming services, but I already have it and have reinstalled it several times. The app won't let install anything or play any games that I've already installed. I have checked for updates, reinstalled the Xbox app, removed services in PowerShell and reinstalled, removed it in RegEdit and reinstalled. It was working fine just yesterday.

:)

Liam Ashley, Feb 2, 2023
  2. YakupBaschol Win User

xbox game pass pc general settings error and inability to install anything via xbox app.

Hi Tomm,

I'm able to open up the XBOX app just fine, but can't get to the general settings area, IMG2 as above.

If I try to launch a game, or download a new game. It is telling me, that the gaming services needs to be installed. And when I click on install, it shows a popup on the notification area, that gaming services is getting installed/got installed.

It happens everytime, even if I already installed the gaming services on the machine.

On the games with Epic/EA launcher, it is constantly trying to install the launcher even tho they are already installed and even logged in.

Kind regards

Yakup
  3. Thiccmilkman Win User

I have a problem with the gaming services

It still tells me "Download gaming services app" when I click install on the minecraft launcher
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices

you get that error because gaming services is not installed or updated, gaming services can only install and launch on standard pc architecture and not arm based devices.

the xbox app requires gaming services to be installed to be able to download most xbox app games (gamepass games).
  5. vRepz Win User

Xbox game pass on PC wont download FH5

Hello Anderson I've tried and still no luck. I open Xbox app and didn't tell me to install Game Service
  6. ADRIANPERSICHINO Win User

Error 0x80070002

for me it hasnt. I deleted games services and reinstalled it and still can't install games from the xbox app with that error. Help!
Thema:

1. Can't install or play installed games on Xbox app, telling me to download 'Gaming Services' - Similar Threads - Can't install play

2. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  3. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  4. Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...: I have a Ryzen 3 3100 Gt 1030 2 GB 16 GB RAM Can't install sea of thieves because I have X on system requirements even though I meet all the requirements as I had sea of thieves on my...
  5. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  6. Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass: Hello, I can't seem to install any Ubisoft game on the Xbox pc app only three dots come up on the install button. I've tried to Uninstall other apps/games but that hasn't worked please help me....
  7. Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games: Getting an error within the gamepass app on PC "Gaming services failed with error code 0x8007007e. Tried powershell commands, deleting Gaming Services from registry, creating another account on...
  8. Why can't I play games I've installed on my computer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play games I've installed on my computer?: I have spent the better part of 8 hours between yesterday and now today trying to get ahold of someone at Microsoft or Xbox to get help with my issue. I am always met with an outsourced individual...
  9. I've purchased a new laptop and now I can't install and play minecraft that I have already...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've purchased a new laptop and now I can't install and play minecraft that I have already...: I played Minecraft on my old laptop but it died so I've purchased a new laptop and now I can't install and play Minecraft that I have already paid for. On my account It doesn't show that I've...
  10. Why can't I re-install a game I've payed for and played

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I re-install a game I've payed for and played: I bought 'conan exiles' roughly a year ago and uninstalled it but now I want to play it again. It doesn't appear in my ready to install but it does appear in my order history. When I press view...