Can’t install games

Discus and support Can’t install games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve just got a new laptop, and I’m trying to install a game off game pass and it says “this location isn’t set up for installing games” but I only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sxn EU, Sep 30, 2022.

1. sxn EU
    sxn EU Guest

Can’t install games

I’ve just got a new laptop, and I’m trying to install a game off game pass and it says “this location isn’t set up for installing games” but I only have one drive to save things to and nothing I do changes what it says, have tried uninstalling and re installing Xbox app however hasn’t fixed anything please help Can’t install games :(

:)

sxn EU, Sep 30, 2022
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Can’t install game

3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Can’t install games

Hello, Killertom. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

May I know if this issue happens with all games or only Series S/X optimized games? I ask because Series S/X optimized games will only work on the internal drive or a expansion card.

In the meantime, would you please try to change your console default install location drive to your external storage?
    - Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    - Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage.
    - On the Storage devices screen, select your external storage, then select Install here by default

Waiting for your follow-up.
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

Can’t install games

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Snx, your internal storage device must be incompatible with the xbox app.

Do it here

If you don't have space, just read the part where it says "repartition existing space" all procedures are in the link ok?

Create an NTFS partition on the desired hard disk and try to install the game on it

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

Then carry out this process

Let's try this IP and cache cleanup, please

Type CMD in the search bar;

Right-click on the Command Prompt option;

Click on the Run as Administrator option;

From the Command Prompt screen, execute the commands described below, pressing Enter at the end of each line:

ipconfig /release <Enter>

ipconfig /renew <Enter>

ipconfig /flushdns <Enter>

ipconfig /registerdns <Enter>

nbtstat -rr <Enter>

netsh int ip reset all <Enter>

netsh winsock reset <Enter>

These commands are for resetting IP configuration and network-related caches that may be stored on your computer.

1.On the desktop, press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open Run;

2. At run type cleanmgr and click OK to open Disk Cleanup;

3. In the Disk Cleanup window, select the C: drive (if asked) and click OK;

4. In the Disk Cleanup for Windows 10 window, select the checkboxes for the files shown and click Cleanup System Files.

5. After cleaning, check the checkboxes that are not checked again and click OK>Delete Files.

Let's try to reinstall and repair it.

Take it easy ok? May be in another language

Hold Win + I and go to Apps > Apps & Features.

locate Gaming Service and tap the menu button (...).

Advanced Options > Reset.

click Reset and confirm.

Later:

Win + X and select Windows Terminal (Admin).

Enter the command below:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

Wait for it to complete, and then type this other command:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

When it finishes installing, restart your PC and see if the error remains

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  5. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

You cleared my game

Someone erase it? You can’t find the game on “installs”?

Need to elaborate
  6. ManuRHL Win User

Problem game code Forza

The problem is that I don’t find the game in the console, so I can’t instal it...
Thema:

Can’t install games

1. Can’t install games - Similar Threads - Can’t install games

2. Can’t install rainbow six siege on Xbox one S despite having the game pass corr

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install rainbow six siege on Xbox one S despite having the game pass corr: It’s my understanding that Xbox game pass core includes rainbow six siege. This is the only reason I bought the game pass. However, when I go to install it I’m only give the option to buy game...
  3. Two Xbox’s one has all of our games to play an other only has them installed can’t be played

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Two Xbox’s one has all of our games to play an other only has them installed can’t be played: Two Xbox’s the Xbox series x has all my games and DLC on it. Well my Xbox one can see everything installed but can’t play any games or DLC. For example I have a sims 4 disc so I put that in to...
  4. I have two minecraft games installed and I can’t uninstall either of them does anyone know...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have two minecraft games installed and I can’t uninstall either of them does anyone know...: Does anyone know how I can fix this issue with me having two Minecraft’s d78dab61-ebdf-4de3-b58d-5c4d5c4d179d
  5. Can’t install games to D drive Xbox PC game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install games to D drive Xbox PC game pass?: I’ve tried multiple steps and reformatting the drive and still no luck. Some games work but games like Fallout just won’t install on D drive and I have no more room on C drive....
  6. Can’t download updates or games to series S. Installation stopped msg

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t download updates or games to series S. Installation stopped msg: I tried to download miasma chronicles the day before yesterday, it wouldn’t download and instead I kept receiving an installation stopped msg in the queue. Wouldn’t even get past 0%. I gave up and...
  7. Can’t install game. Version 0.0.0.0 installation stopped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install game. Version 0.0.0.0 installation stopped: Call of duty morderme warfare 2 update won’t install now it stated version 0.0.0.0. If I uninstall and reinstall it still won’t work. I even went and purchased the vault version thinking the file...
  8. Why do optimized games install on external storage if they can’t run there?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do optimized games install on external storage if they can’t run there?: I just installed a game, and it didn’t ask me where to install. I’ve got plenty of room on my Xbox but for some reason it installed the optimized for Xbox game on the external hard drive even tho...
  9. why can’t i install games ive already purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can’t i install games ive already purchased?: So I really only play sims on my xbox one. i own a lot of packs on there. i recently had to hard reset my xbox bc it froze on me. after resetting it, i got back on the game and it said that some...
  10. Games have installed but only listed under recently installed in the queue. Can’t play them.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games have installed but only listed under recently installed in the queue. Can’t play them.: Games have downloaded and show as recently installed in my queue. They’re not on my Home Screen and I cannot click to play. This is for my son and I don’t understand how to find these games for...