Can't install games on my PC through the XBOX app because SSD's cannot be discovered

Discus and support Can't install games on my PC through the XBOX app because SSD's cannot be discovered in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey everyone :) Having this issue trying to install games on my PC through the xbox app. I have recently upgraded from HDD to SSD and now for some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LachlanHirst, Jun 29, 2021.

1. LachlanHirst
    LachlanHirst Guest

Can't install games on my PC through the XBOX app because SSD's cannot be discovered

Hey everyone Can't install games on my PC through the XBOX app because SSD's cannot be discovered :)

Having this issue trying to install games on my PC through the xbox app.
    I have recently upgraded from HDD to SSD and now for some reason this none of my SSD's appear

Can't install games on my PC through the XBOX app because SSD's cannot be discovered [​IMG]

I also went into Settings and went into General and into Game install options

Can't install games on my PC through the XBOX app because SSD's cannot be discovered [​IMG]

My SSD's are formatted to NTFS.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a few times with no success both from the Microsoft store and online.
    I have reset the App itself and still did not work.

My SSD's are discover-able as I have installed games from ubisoft, steam and GOG Galaxy.

My account is an admin account.

I am unsure what else to try.

Any information would be extremely helpful as I don't want to keep paying for something I cannot even use.

Thank you Can't install games on my PC through the XBOX app because SSD's cannot be discovered :)
    Lachlan.

:)

LachlanHirst, Jun 29, 2021
  2. LachlanHirst Win User

Hi all,

To those who seem to have the same issue as I do. Mine was fixed, the way I did it was to ensure that you have the latest windows version, even the optional updates.

Good luck gamers.
  3. XBF Meryem R Win User

4. Xeivan Win User

5. LachlanHirst Win User

Hey There,

Thank you for getting back to me.
    Unfortunately all these steps above did not work.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you,

Lachlan.
  6. ang310c1371av3nd3r Win User

Xbox game pass for PC - uninstalled games still take up storage space

I uninstalled some games from my Xbox game pass (PC) using the uninstall option in the Xbox app (on PC).

But the storage space in my SSD did not return to what it used to be, before the game was installed.

We're talking about upwards of 10Gb. It can't be other files because the drive was solely for games.

Anyone can help?
    cant wait to use it
Thema:

1. Can't install games on my PC through the XBOX app because SSD's cannot be discovered - Similar Threads - Can't install games

2. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  3. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  4. Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass: Hello, I can't seem to install any Ubisoft game on the Xbox pc app only three dots come up on the install button. I've tried to Uninstall other apps/games but that hasn't worked please help me....
  5. Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft: Can't seem to figure this one out. Says "Something unexpected happened." and gives this error code 0x80073d19 602466b2-0b6b-4706-bb99-8d1704e3fb73
  6. I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...: I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to 17.1% I have tried different methods, but nothing works... fc8861b4-2237-4daa-9aab-13e01e78d2eb
  7. Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.: Specifically, I am trying to install Sea of Thieves. I have had this game since around launch and so had this game installed previously, but I had uninstalled after not playing for a long time and...
  8. I can't install Gaming Services, what can i do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Gaming Services, what can i do?: Hello all, for a few Months, i had the same repeating Problem when i try to download Games on my PC. It tells me that i need to download Gaming Services for the Game to run, so i click download...
  9. Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...: I have seen this post regarding many games in general none coming to a resolution so i am hoping to get to one. I have updated Windows as of today 12 October 2023. I have updated Xbox app and...
  10. Why can't i install the Xbox One version of a game, with the Xbox Series?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i install the Xbox One version of a game, with the Xbox Series?: Just bought a series X. Wanted to play Mortal Kombat 11 again, but dont care about the X/S version and wanted to re-download the Version for the One. I have an external for such games. and most...