Cant install games on empty SSD.

Discus and support Cant install games on empty SSD. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I Just completely reset a spare SSD in my computer. And there is not a single file, not even windows on this SSD. I am on PC and this spare SSD is not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Keegs P, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Keegs P
    Keegs P Guest

I Just completely reset a spare SSD in my computer. And there is not a single file, not even windows on this SSD. I am on PC and this spare SSD is not my boot drive so it was safe to reset. But now that I have, I am unable to install any of my games on to this SSD from Microsoft store or Xbox. When I try to download them it just stops and gives me error code 0x80242020. I need to know if there is a program or any files that need to be on this empty SSD in order for it to store my games. Or if there is any other fixes to this problem for that matter.

:)

Keegs P, Jul 24, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Keegs. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Just to be sure, the SSD is formatted to NTFS, right? Have you changed the default place to install games both on Windows and the Xbox app?

- Open the Xbox App.

- Click on your Profile picture > Select Settings.

- In the Xbox Settings, go to General Section > Game install options.

- Click on the drop-down and change it to the E drive.

Also try changing the default location for new apps in Windows to your external SSD and then try installing the game again.

Go to Start (Windows Start) -> Settings -> System -> Storage -> Change where new content is saved (under 'More Storage Settings'). Change the setting "New Apps will install to:" to the drive you want to use. Restart your computer.

See if the issue persists and please let me know.
  3. BlitzyProto Win User

PC Game pass gives an error (0x80004005) everytime I launch any game

I reinstalled windows but it still didnt work :(

I cant even install games cause it keeps giving me a sad face

at least my ssd is 90% empty again
  4. REK 1 Win User

Xbox one external harddrive

Yes but cant install xbox series x games, they have to be installed on the ssd. All others games will and can run off of external drive
  5. MrSnabe Win User

Ark Closes on Start Up Xbox Game pass

Like I said before I tried to move the game or any other app from my HDD to my SSD (or the hdd where Windows is installed) and everything work.

The big problem i have now is that my ssd is not a 1T storage and i cant move games like Ark ;)
  6. SPANNER3 Win User

Can't download update

Also it downloads instantly (the bar goes from empty strait to full) as if the update is downloaded but cant install.
Thema:

1. Cant install games on empty SSD. - Similar Threads - Cant install games

2. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  3. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  4. Cant install forza 4 with game pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant install forza 4 with game pass.: Im using windows 10. im trying to install forza 4 but it is giving me 0x803f8007 error. This issue is only with this game. Please let me know any fixes. bd82c78e-1998-4835-83bc-ec6f67d55fa7
  5. Cant install Game Services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant install Game Services: Im trying to install game services on my Acre 5 windows 11 laptop, every time I try to install it is states there has been an Error on the MS store page, I have done the Powershell stuff, turned...
  6. Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005: my games will download all the way until the end, when its about to finish I get an error , I try to restart and get the same thing every time. 5218a110-5124-4741-a1f4-fd146c0771b1
  7. i cant install any games from the xbox game pass on my pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant install any games from the xbox game pass on my pc.: i have been having this problem for a very long time. back when halo infinite first came out. i can not install any games that are on the game pass. i can only install them if i actually buy...
  8. HELPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I CANT INSTALL GAMING SERVICES AND I CANT PLAY...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HELPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I CANT INSTALL GAMING SERVICES AND I CANT PLAY...: Ok so when I try installing minecraft and gaming services aswell BUT here is the problem THIS STUPID ANNOYING ERROR POPS UP!!! IT SHOWS UP THIS DUMB IDIOTIC 0x80246008 ERROR CAN PLEASE ANYONE HELP...
  9. Why cant I Install Games anymore? (suspect is E; Drive?)

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I Install Games anymore? (suspect is E; Drive?): *EDIT*** The issue might be caused by the other SSD. So Normally I use my E: Drive as the location for my game installs, but for some reason Xbox/Microsoft will not install anymore games onto it....
  10. I cant install Starfield Premium Edition Content on Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant install Starfield Premium Edition Content on Game Pass.: Split from this thread. It only allows me to play the Premium Edition in cloud gaming mode, but allows me to download the non-premium version. The Old Mars dlc pack is available but not the...