Can't install gamepass Cities Skylines: Windows 10 Edition

Discus and support Can't install gamepass Cities Skylines: Windows 10 Edition in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had a pretty old hard drive that eventually stopped working, so I got a new one (from Seagate) and while I can install other games on it Skylines... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Eli MT, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Eli MT
    Eli MT Guest

I had a pretty old hard drive that eventually stopped working, so I got a new one (from Seagate) and while I can install other games on it Skylines won't install. It says it starts installing, but after a few seconds at 0% it just says "Install" again and I get a notification saying it is done installing. If I press the notification, it says that the drive is disconnected or something along those lines that says it isn't connecting to the drive. At first I was looking around thinking that the drive didn't work or I set it up incorrectly, but I could download other games just fine. I looked around to see if anyone else had similar issues online but couldn't find anything.

:)

Eli MT, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Eli MT,

Thanks for the update and sorry for the late response.

May we ask if you can perform these and check if same issue occurs? You may cancel out your attempt of installation of the game.

Kindly update PC and Xbox apps(Xbox app/Xbox Console Companion, Xbox Accessories, Xbox Game Bar, Gaming Services).

Restart device.

Turn off or disable any antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall and PC Optimizer.

Repair Microsoft Store -

• Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Select the app you want to fix. Select the Advanced options link under the name of the Microsoft Store. On the page that opens, select Repair if it's available. If it isn't available, select Reset.
    We look forward for your response.

Kind regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Eli MT,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We're sorry to hear that you are having issues installing the game - Cities: Skylines - Windows 10 Edition. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

We would like to ask for few things to better isolate the issue.

May we know if the other games you have installed is locally saved (Drive C) or saved on the hard drive (Seagate)?

May we ask for the error message or error code that is currently showing? Please post a screenshot and conceal any personal information.

May we ask if you have tried to install the game on the Xbox app?

Have you tried to save the game locally (Drive C)?

May we know what type of Xbox Game Pass subscription do you have?

Please, do not forget to check here for known issues that might be related to your concern.

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Kathy A. Win User

HI Eli MT,

We hope you are doing fine.

We would like to follow up regarding your concern as we still have not received any response from you since our last follow up message. Please feel free to create a new thread if you have different and new concerns - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Should you need real time interaction for your concern? You may reach out to Support - Contact Us | Xbox Support.

Kind regards,

5. Eli MT Win User

Hi,

Sorry for not responding earlier. I wrote a response but didn't post it until I had done some more research based on what you said, got distracted, and forgot.

Now it is showing a new error message, and just says that there was a problem installing (not that it is done and can't launch).

I have other games installed on both a local D drive and the external drive. I don't use the C drive for games because it has very little space.

The error code is "0x80073d0d" - I looked on the list of error codes shown on the support website ( https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/error-code-search-guide ) and searched it up but couldn't find it.

I did try to install the game on the Xbox app - I don't know if there is another place like Steam I could install it from since I have it on Gamepass but I couldn't find anything online.

I have tried installing the game on my local D drive as well as the Seagate drive, but not the C drive because there was too little space.

I have the basic PC subscription to Gamepass.

Thanks,

Eli
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Thema:

1. Can't install gamepass Cities Skylines: Windows 10 Edition - Similar Threads - Can't install gamepass

2. Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...: I have a Ryzen 3 3100 Gt 1030 2 GB 16 GB RAM Can't install sea of thieves because I have X on system requirements even though I meet all the requirements as I had sea of thieves on my...
  3. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  4. Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass: Hello, I can't seem to install any Ubisoft game on the Xbox pc app only three dots come up on the install button. I've tried to Uninstall other apps/games but that hasn't worked please help me....
  5. I can't install assasin's creed Valhalla on my PC in English via the Xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install assasin's creed Valhalla on my PC in English via the Xbox app?: I am having trouble installing assasins creed Valhalla on my PC via the xbox app as it won't let it install in English? It is giving me the option to install in other various languages except for...
  6. I can't install game on Gamepass Ultimate on the PC or update games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install game on Gamepass Ultimate on the PC or update games.: I can stream them. What is wrong I havetried all advised steps. ee90efac-d459-4a48-8f38-3bf67b0cf026
  7. I can't install any Gamepass games on my pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install any Gamepass games on my pc.: I was experiencing slow download speeds, then i decided to leave the xbox insider preview. After this happened the xbox app broke. Everytime i try to download a Gamepass game on it stops without...
  8. Why can't I install fallout 4 on my computer via gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install fallout 4 on my computer via gamepass?: I bought fallout 4 game of the year edition on my xbox through my ultimate game pass subscription. I have been playing it on the xbox but now would like to play at my computer. When I select...
  9. Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games: Getting an error within the gamepass app on PC "Gaming services failed with error code 0x8007007e. Tried powershell commands, deleting Gaming Services from registry, creating another account on...
  10. I can't install Ubisoft games from Xbox Gamepass | Não consigo instalar jogos Ubisoft do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Ubisoft games from Xbox Gamepass | Não consigo instalar jogos Ubisoft do...: English: I can't install any Ubisoft game listed on the Gamepass. Before install the game, properly, it always order me to install Ubisoft Connect even when it's already installed. Well, I install...