Can't install game pass games on my external hard drive

Discus and support Can't install game pass games on my external hard drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've had this problem for a while now but every time I try to install a game onto my external hard drive, the game will get all the way to 100% and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by VinceMoore1, Sep 6, 2022.

1. VinceMoore1
    VinceMoore1 Guest

I've had this problem for a while now but every time I try to install a game onto my external hard drive, the game will get all the way to 100% and then give me an error. This does this for ANY game I try to download, not just a specific one.

Here is a picture for reference:

Can't install game pass games on my external hard drive [​IMG]

The error code is also 0x80070005.

I've made sure the formatting is correct, and I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing the game pass app. Nothing seems to work. If anyone has any idea on how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

VinceMoore1, Sep 6, 2022
  2. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

Game pass downloads

Do other games you own that aren't from game pass have the same problem? Do you have an external hard drive. If a game I install to my external hard drive is very laggy I will move it to my internal hard drive which usually fixes the problem.
  3. AngelObullets Win User

internet external drive

This sounds like it's detecting the games from games pass is that from game pass that are installed on your external hard drive?.
  4. RafiRazzouq Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games

Hi, sorry for that issue, the problem is the external hard drive, for some reason (I don't know why), the games that require Administrator approval have issue on external drive.
    Thanks for the answer. External hard drive it is not the problem in my case. While trying to find a solution to this Xbox Game pass for PC / Windows Store error I did reinstall Windows 10 on my iMac's internal hard drive. The problem with error 0x8007001f
    persists even when Windows 10 is installed on the internal hard drive.

uild on external macbook hard drive/dual boot) Did you figure any solution to this? i can install other games fine but when i try to install halo mcc it errors out at 4.8%
  5. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Installation stopped message still appearing when trying to update Forza Horizon 4

The external hard drive helps a lot, it's used because the game pass needs, haha
    Try uninstalling the game and installing again.
  6. melanie brown2 Win User

Can't install Xbox App games in a drive other than C:

hi. my name is mel and i am an independent advisor. to install games on a external hard drive, first u need to create a folder on the external hard drive to install the games too.
Thema:

1. Can't install game pass games on my external hard drive - Similar Threads - Can't install game

2. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  3. Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass: Hello, I can't seem to install any Ubisoft game on the Xbox pc app only three dots come up on the install button. I've tried to Uninstall other apps/games but that hasn't worked please help me....
  4. Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft: Can't seem to figure this one out. Says "Something unexpected happened." and gives this error code 0x80073d19 602466b2-0b6b-4706-bb99-8d1704e3fb73
  5. I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...: I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to 17.1% I have tried different methods, but nothing works... fc8861b4-2237-4daa-9aab-13e01e78d2eb
  6. Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.: Specifically, I am trying to install Sea of Thieves. I have had this game since around launch and so had this game installed previously, but I had uninstalled after not playing for a long time and...
  7. I can't install Gaming Services, what can i do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Gaming Services, what can i do?: Hello all, for a few Months, i had the same repeating Problem when i try to download Games on my PC. It tells me that i need to download Gaming Services for the Game to run, so i click download...
  8. Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...: I have seen this post regarding many games in general none coming to a resolution so i am hoping to get to one. I have updated Windows as of today 12 October 2023. I have updated Xbox app and...
  9. Why can't i install the Xbox One version of a game, with the Xbox Series?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i install the Xbox One version of a game, with the Xbox Series?: Just bought a series X. Wanted to play Mortal Kombat 11 again, but dont care about the X/S version and wanted to re-download the Version for the One. I have an external for such games. and most...
  10. Can't install game I own

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install game I own: Hello all. I'm having some trouble installing a game I own on my PC. I've uninstalled the GameServices, restarted my PC. Uninstalled Xbox app and reinstalled, but no luck. I did recently reset...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install windows game pass game on external drive second pc