Can't install game or run apps - error code 0x8007045d

Discus and support Can't install game or run apps - error code 0x8007045d in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What are the options to get an Xbox One X console diagnosed if there is a file corruption or system problem? It was having issues a few days ago -... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gamer-Bob, May 3, 2021.

1. Gamer-Bob
    Gamer-Bob Guest

What
    are the options to get an Xbox One X console diagnosed if there is a file corruption
    or system problem? It was having issues a few days ago - slow/laggy, screen lock up, black screen. I
    had to hard re-start it a couple times, and then it would not run any games. I'm wondering if I powered off while it was doing an update, which may have corrupted something. I finally gave up and did a complete console
    reset. I was able to load my profile and
    download some apps, but none of them will run.
    It also will not load a game. It
    gets about 50% through the install and then says “installation stopped”. If I select it, it gives me error code
    0x8007045d. I’ve tried this 3 times with
    no success.

:)

Gamer-Bob, May 3, 2021
  2. Gamer-Bob Win User

Thanks for responding, but clearing the Mac address and power cycling the console did not solve the problem. I don't think it is a network connection issue. I am connecting fine and network statistics show 77 Mbps download, 0% packet loss, and 59 ms latency. Multiplayer connection also shows "all good" and NAT type is open.

I was finally able to get a game to install. While disconnected from the internet, I installed the game from the disk and was able to load it. When I went online, it required that I do an update, which was over 50GB. It successfully installed the update, but now the game will no longer load/run. I get one of the following errors messages when I try to start the game:

1. Something went wrong. Give it another try. If it happens again, visit xbox.com/errorhelp and enter the following code: 0x8007045d

2. Please try again. For some reason Halo 5: Guardians took too long to start. (0x8027025a)

Nothing at the link you posted above deals with the problem I am having. I reluctantly did another console reset with the "keep my games and apps" option. That did not solve the problem. Getting the same error messages.

Is there somewhere I can send the console to get it diagnosed/fixed or what are my options?
  3. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Hello there @Gamer-Bob, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox:

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  4. TCGodzilla Win User

Can't download games !

Are you having an 0x8007045d error code? I'm having the same problem.
  5. XBF Aicha T Win User

8007045d

6. BigBuddha23 Win User

Installation Stopped

Thema:

1. Can't install game or run apps - error code 0x8007045d - Similar Threads - Can't install game

2. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  3. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass: Hello, I can't seem to install any Ubisoft game on the Xbox pc app only three dots come up on the install button. I've tried to Uninstall other apps/games but that hasn't worked please help me....
  6. Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft: Can't seem to figure this one out. Says "Something unexpected happened." and gives this error code 0x80073d19 602466b2-0b6b-4706-bb99-8d1704e3fb73
  7. I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...: I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to 17.1% I have tried different methods, but nothing works... fc8861b4-2237-4daa-9aab-13e01e78d2eb
  8. Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.: Specifically, I am trying to install Sea of Thieves. I have had this game since around launch and so had this game installed previously, but I had uninstalled after not playing for a long time and...
  9. I can't install Gaming Services, what can i do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Gaming Services, what can i do?: Hello all, for a few Months, i had the same repeating Problem when i try to download Games on my PC. It tells me that i need to download Gaming Services for the Game to run, so i click download...
  10. Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...: I have seen this post regarding many games in general none coming to a resolution so i am hoping to get to one. I have updated Windows as of today 12 October 2023. I have updated Xbox app and...