Can't install game on the xbox app to my pc, not showing any location to install to

Discus and support Can't install game on the xbox app to my pc, not showing any location to install to in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can't install game on the xbox app to my pc, not showing any location to install to [img] 3af3a168-fd72-47f8-a068-36f3f23b6675 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ashenlee, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Ashenlee
    Ashenlee Guest

Can't install game on the xbox app to my pc, not showing any location to install to

Can't install game on the xbox app to my pc, not showing any location to install to [​IMG]

:)

Ashenlee, Nov 26, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Ashenlee

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

Are you using windows 10 or 11?
    Do you have installed an insider build in your system?
    When this started to happen or is this the first time that you try to use the Xbox app?
    And, what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

In the meantime try and double check this

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update
    Click Check for Updates

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Then, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too. (Click on get updates)

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and try again
  3. Ashenlee Win User

Are you using windows 10 or 11? - Windows 10
    Do you have installed an insider build in your system? - I'm not sure what this is.
    When this started to happen or is this the first time that you try to use the Xbox app? Started today but I don't use the xbox app very often. So far I've tried uninstalling, deleting all the app data, everything you posted above. Finally got the app to load and work but now I can't install anything.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the extra information. In this case please try this:

Reinstall Gaming Services using powershell command

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:

"This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again

If that doesn’t work, give this a try:

A. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily Restart the PC and try again

B. Do a clean boot in your PC and try again https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd

C. Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-20de74e0-ac7f-3502-a866-32915af2a34d
  5. RFXCasey Win User

Xbox app says "We'll install this game to a new folder in the selected location" but then says "unknown available" and the install button is greyed out

I have updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and the Xbox app. By "Xbox companion" do you mean the "Xbox Console Companion"? It is the only thing with "companion" in it related to Xbox that I see in the App Store. I downloaded it and everything is up to date now. The problem remains, Xbox app will not show any installation location option for Flight Simulator. This is a very annoying problem I wouldn't expect from Microsoft. I just want to use the app I paid for. Also, if it helps, I went into the Xbox app options and cannot set a default location for games to install too, it's like the Xbox app isn't detecting my hard drives at all. Also, when I go to "manage installs" in the Xbox app, it's showing 3 installs at the top of the window but only 2 games installed on the left hand bar.
  6. David Wirsching Win User

A game displaying Error code: (0xc06d007e). Not starting.

Thema:

1. Can't install game on the xbox app to my pc, not showing any location to install to - Similar Threads - Can't install game

2. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  3. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass: Hello, I can't seem to install any Ubisoft game on the Xbox pc app only three dots come up on the install button. I've tried to Uninstall other apps/games but that hasn't worked please help me....
  6. Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft: Can't seem to figure this one out. Says "Something unexpected happened." and gives this error code 0x80073d19 602466b2-0b6b-4706-bb99-8d1704e3fb73
  7. I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...: I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to 17.1% I have tried different methods, but nothing works... fc8861b4-2237-4daa-9aab-13e01e78d2eb
  8. Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.: Specifically, I am trying to install Sea of Thieves. I have had this game since around launch and so had this game installed previously, but I had uninstalled after not playing for a long time and...
  9. I can't install Gaming Services, what can i do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Gaming Services, what can i do?: Hello all, for a few Months, i had the same repeating Problem when i try to download Games on my PC. It tells me that i need to download Gaming Services for the Game to run, so i click download...
  10. Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...: I have seen this post regarding many games in general none coming to a resolution so i am hoping to get to one. I have updated Windows as of today 12 October 2023. I have updated Xbox app and...