Can't install any content from Xbox app on PC with GamePass subscription

Discus and support Can't install any content from Xbox app on PC with GamePass subscription in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, Not sure if this is the right place to post, probably scrubbed a hundred pages looking for a solution or a "contact support" button. This is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Baba622, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Baba622
    Baba622 Guest

Hey,

Not sure if this is the right place to post, probably scrubbed a hundred pages looking for a solution or a "contact support" button. This is where I got.

The issue I am having is that every game I attempt to install from the xbox PC desktop app gives me: Error 0x80073cf3

I have:

Restarted my computer

Reinstalled the app

Reinstalled the games

Uninstalled the beta for B4B from steam (Originally this was the game I was trying to play)

Waited 20+ minutes and tried again

I have a current subscription to GamePass on PC, bought it earlier today. I am really unsure why I can't install any game at all, and the error is telling me that a potential version of said game is already on my PC. I have tried to install games I haven't even looked at before. I can't figure out what I screwed up, or how to fix it. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

:)

Baba622, Nov 7, 2021
  2. Baba622 Win User

All the games I tried to install yesterday installed overnight. Not sure what changed but now I have a full hard drive. haha. Glad it's fixed though.
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Baba welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I had this issue around a year ago. I could tell you all the 10 steps I followed to solve it, unfortunately what helped me to solved this was to restart my PC as it comes here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...

In the part of Windows 10 click on "Reset this PC" these instructions will help you to solve the problem, you can even leave your important files!
  4. AhmadAskari Win User

Can't play any games on GamePass except the ones on EA Play for PC

No, They are not. I had GamePass PC earlier and everything used to work properly but then one day I got notification that there is an offer on GamePass Ultimate so I upgraded but since the day GamePass PC subscription ended and GamePass Ultimate subscription started, I can only launch games that are on EA Play and that too from EA Desktop App only.

Now, because the GamePass Ultimate was a 3 month subscription, so I can't even go back to GamePass PC until it's over.

Any game that launches from Xbox app for Windows fails to launch and tried repairing and resetting the Xbox and Microsoft Apps, sign-out and then again sign-in on both the apps but still same thing.

For Example, Forza Horizon 4 used to work earlier but now it does not.
  5. Paolo Mario Win User

Xbox Beta for PC doesn't install games and can't reinstall the app

Hello, thanks for your help but none of these options worked. The app just locks up when I'm trying to install things from the store or install the xbox app from the exe.

I can't use the feedback feature from the app because I can't even install the app. Do I have any other options or should I just cancel my gamepass subscription?

Edit: I ended up running some steps found elsewhere, when I have time I'll dig them up and post them here. Basically required disconnecting the internet and running some commands to reset the store completely.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Problems with Game Share of Game Pass Ultimate

That's the thing ultimate and regular gamepass games are the same

Only thing different is you can't access is cloud and perks

Only the subscriber can as it requires the person to sign in and they can only be signed in on one console

And only the subscriber can roam with the ultimate

And gameshare is only a console feature and doesn't apply to other platforms

Well gamepass pc is anothrr exception

Because gamepass pc has pc titles too

But the libraries other then platform specific games will work regardless

It's only cloud and pc titles you can't access from consoles without the subscriber being loged in

Unless we are talking about pcs here then thata a different story

Gamepass ultimate doesn't share on pc

It a console only feature

The subscriber must be signed into the pc xbox app and download the content on the pc

And then logged out on the xbox app not the pc to let you sign in but this will not work for cloud games

Please keep in mind if you have xbox one's or series consoles you can use the games and install the games locally under gameshare

Except for pc titles of course
Thema:

1. Can't install any content from Xbox app on PC with GamePass subscription - Similar Threads - Can't install content

2. Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...: I have a Ryzen 3 3100 Gt 1030 2 GB 16 GB RAM Can't install sea of thieves because I have X on system requirements even though I meet all the requirements as I had sea of thieves on my...
  3. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  4. Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass: Hello, I can't seem to install any Ubisoft game on the Xbox pc app only three dots come up on the install button. I've tried to Uninstall other apps/games but that hasn't worked please help me....
  5. I can't install assasin's creed Valhalla on my PC in English via the Xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install assasin's creed Valhalla on my PC in English via the Xbox app?: I am having trouble installing assasins creed Valhalla on my PC via the xbox app as it won't let it install in English? It is giving me the option to install in other various languages except for...
  6. Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?: On 9/1/23 I purchased Starfield Premium Edition on my PC through the Xbox app on PC. I am not able to re-install the Premium Edition of the game for some reason. f15a2f1d-ef4d-4917-84a6-61ba8fe16e51
  7. Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft: Can't seem to figure this one out. Says "Something unexpected happened." and gives this error code 0x80073d19 602466b2-0b6b-4706-bb99-8d1704e3fb73
  8. Can't install Far Cry 6

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Far Cry 6: Specifically that game. Other games will install fine. When I click install, absolutely nothing happens. No response at all. e0417176-890e-43ae-ab53-b2c5ac2382b2
  9. Why can't I install "MS Flight Simulator Standard 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install "MS Flight Simulator Standard 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series...: I purchased "MS Flight Simulator Standard 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series X/S and Windows" from my local Gamestop store on Cyber Monday. Redeemed it successfully with Product Code at bottom...
  10. Can't install XBOX App on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install XBOX App on PC: I've had GamePass since September 2023 and it has been working great. Yesterday when I tried to launch an installed game from my PC a white line went under it like a progress bar. It kept saying...