Can't hear one person

Discus and support Can't hear one person in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't hear someone in my party. We are both allowed to talk to other people, and I can hear other people talking. I already have my setting fixed to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dimitri Xytakis, May 27, 2024.

1. Can't hear one person

I can't hear someone in my party. We are both allowed to talk to other people, and I can hear other people talking. I already have my setting fixed to talk to anyone, but he Is just muted for no reason. It just keeps saying my settings are off.

:)

Dimitri Xytakis, May 27, 2024
  2. onyxishere Win User

What? Cannot hear one person in 3-person party

It seems you missed out on one troubleshooting step which is usually the cause of the issue you're listing. A cache can build up in the console that will sometimes prevent the party from working properly. Power cycling the console usually fixes this.

To power cycle the console please hold the power button on it for 10 seconds until it shuts down. When you power back on the party should work normally for you again.
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Issues with one person hearing me in a Party.

Hi, my name is oskayra and I would be happy to help.

I am sorry that you are experiencing this inconvenience at this time. The issue you're experiencing with voice chat in your Xbox party could be due to a compatibility issue between the Xbox app on PC and the Xbox One. While cross-platform party chat is generally supported, there can be occasional glitches or compatibility issues that affect specific users or setups.

To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:

Update your devices: Ensure both you and your friend have the latest updates installed for Windows, the Xbox app on PC, and the Xbox One console software. Updates often address known bugs and compatibility issues.

Check audio settings: Verify that your microphone and audio output devices are correctly selected in both the Xbox app on PC and the Xbox One console settings.

Reset audio settings: Reset your audio settings to their default values. This can be done in the Xbox app on PC by going to Settings > General > Volume & audio output. On Xbox One, go to Settings > General > Audio.

Try a different chat mixer: Adjust the chat mixer settings to prioritize your microphone volume. This can be done in the Xbox app on PC by going to Settings > General > Chat mixer. On Xbox One, go to Settings > General > Audio.

Use alternative communication methods: As a temporary workaround, you could use an alternative communication method like Discord or a third-party voice chat app to communicate with your friend while the issue persists.

I hope you can solve this problem with the information I provide you, in case the problem persists, let me know.

Best Regards,
    Oskayra
  4. Hoskayra Win User

hello again according to what you told me you have tried everything I told you, talking on the discord application you still don't hear your friend?
  5. KerisMitchell Win User

Hey there! We have tried all of this and nothing has worked. It's just the one friend and he can hear me when I'm tabbed out of the game but when I tab in he cant hear me. It's starting to get really frustrating. I also can't find the settings youre on about on pc. None of the setting chains your posted are do-able throught the Xbox app
  6. HoM Get Lifted Win User

Footsteps

I have two pairs of Turtle Beaches and I personally can't hear any but mine. That might be because I have bad hearing but either way I can't hear anything. I think you need the Awareness perk.
Thema:

Can't hear one person

1. Can't hear one person - Similar Threads - Can't hear person

2. My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...: Everytime I use my Xbox series x with headphones, I feel my hearing start to worsen on my right ear as I continue to play and by the end of my time using it, my eardrum feel completely inflamed...
  3. Can't Hear Discord Chat With My Audio Setup

in XboX Insiders
    Can't Hear Discord Chat With My Audio Setup: I have a pretty niche audio setup with Xbox that's worked great for me for ages with Xbox party chat. Unfortunately it doesn't work with Discord on Xbox which is frustrating when I'm playing with...
  4. I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...: I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what should I do e update check sound and audio settings but nothing is working...
  5. My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.

in XBoX on Windows
    My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.: I've tried everything I've seen online. Updating the controller with the headphones plugged in, plugging in the headphones super slowly, nothing with work. It's bugging the **** out of me. Help??...
  6. I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat: I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat but it works in party chat and in other games. I've deleted the game and redownload it and still nothing, I'm lost on what to do...
  7. My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...: The issue started when I was gaming with some friends, and then around the time I was turning everything off, I noticed that I didn't have any audio. So I tried searching for guides and nothing...
  8. I can't hear anyone on Discord

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't hear anyone on Discord: When ever I connect to Discord either by Xbox or through the app, I do not hear anyone. I have gone through all the audio settings but nothing is working. It shows other people and my self...
  9. My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any...: I tried every troubleshooting solution there I could find, I even tried the steps that were posted on a similar question to this, and none of it seems to work, my mic works on other devices but...
  10. People in my party can't hear me

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    People in my party can't hear me: When I join/create a party I cannot hear my friends when they are talking and they cannot hear me when I talk. However, I can hear game chat and speak in game chat....