Cant hear friends when I’m party in the Xbox companion app on pc

Discus and support Cant hear friends when I’m party in the Xbox companion app on pc in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I can hear everything else fine and ive made sure im using the right audio device and its turned up, my nat type is set to moderate and im on a stable... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by williambehrens1, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Cant hear friends when I’m party in the Xbox companion app on pc

I can hear everything else fine and ive made sure im using the right audio device and its turned up, my nat type is set to moderate and im on a stable connection

:)

williambehrens1, Jul 27, 2020
  2. YuuuttttReerttyyy Win User

Make sure to check that your headset is connected to the party thingy (idk what to call it) just go down to settings and go down until you see party. Usually after windows update and or restarting your pc it resets it, and there should be a dropdown menu,
    click it and you should see default device and "speaker/headphones", and select that. This was my problem, hope it helps!
  3. MikeHEATUP Win User

double audio when streaming through xbox companion app on pc

the double audio im hearing is coming from the companion app on my pc that im using to stream from my xbox. its not from streamlabs. im getting the audio from my xbox and my pc via the companion app. but im using the companion app to use party chat to
    talk. so i cannot mute it because it then mutes the party chat audio and im not able to hear my party.
  4. AH BrownWoman Win User

Windows 10 Xbox Companion App Not Receiving Party Invitations

No but Ive tried both the xbox companion app and the xbox companion beta app, theres literally no option for party notifications anymore so I cant accept party invites
  5. SpLiTsCaTTeReD Win User

Xbox Companion App party chat not working?

Hey. So I'm currently on Windows 10 using the Xbox Companion App, and I'm trying to join my friend's party chat (who is on Xbox One). However, when I join the party (or they join my party), I can't hear them and they can't hear me. When I speak
    into my microphone, I can see the party chat flare light up, so the Xbox app is picking up my mic (but I can't see their flare when they speak). I'm using a split 3.5mm jack with an Astro A10 headset. My mic works fine on Discord and other services, but for
    some reason the Xbox Companion app isn't working. I've tried changing the audio settings both on the Xbox app and Windows to other devices, made sure my privacy settings allowed my mic to be used on the Xbox app, hard resetting the Xbox app, restarting my
    PC, plugging my headset/mic out and back in, messed around with my mic settings on Windows and the Game Bar. For some reason, my microphone, specifically in an Xbox One party chat using the Xbox Companion app, doesn't seem to work. Both the Xbox app and Windows
    is up to date. Like I said before, the party chat is picking up my mic evidenced by the flare when I speak, but my friends can't hear me and I can't hear them. I've looked up and tried almost every troubleshoot option online and nothing is working, and it's
    driving me mad. It used to work on my old PC, and I just got a brand new PC yesterday as of posting this and now the problem occurs. Anyone else having this issue? Anybody know how to fix it? Please help!
    Currently April 25th/2020

Still no fix
  6. Atlas lll Win User

Xbox Companion App Party on PC not WORKING Any clues?

I have the exact same problem on my PC. Xbox Game Bar and the companion app don't let me use party chat. It says I'm in the party, but I can't hear my friends and they can't hear me. What's weird is, it worked perfectly a month or two ago but now it doesn't
    work at all. I've tried every solution I could find online and nothing works.
Thema:

1. Cant hear friends when I’m party in the Xbox companion app on pc - Similar Threads - Cant hear friends

2. can. hear. But cant. Talk. On wireless. headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    can. hear. But cant. Talk. On wireless. headset: Just. bought. Razor. Wireless. HEADSET. I. HAV SERI. X. AND. A NEW. HICENCE. TV. ICAN HEAR. BUT CANT. TALK f617d3a1-280a-462c-8059-923f90c4c9f1
  3. Why cant the person in my Xbox party chat hear me unless I have the Xbox game bar open?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant the person in my Xbox party chat hear me unless I have the Xbox game bar open?: The person in my part cant hear me unless the game bar is open. I have tried restarting my computer, resetting the game bar, I looked through settings, did audio tests, and looked for a similar...
  4. Game bar - Xbox game bar party cant hear me when the App is minimized.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game bar - Xbox game bar party cant hear me when the App is minimized.: Hello, When using the Game Bar, The party I am in can't hear my when the app is minimized. or I click off to continue using the PC. This is a new issue that only raised during the most recent...
  5. Why i cant hear game chat when im in discord whit my friend?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why i cant hear game chat when im in discord whit my friend?: So i play modern warfare 2 and i dont know why i hear my friend really badly in game chat so i talk with him in discord but i still want to hear the game chat but game chat doesnt work at the same...
  6. why cant i hear my friend in the party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why cant i hear my friend in the party: I am on my pc using game bar and hes using his xbox, when we join a party he can hear me but i cant hear him although his bubble is moving, but i can hear notifications when he invites me to...
  7. Cant hear my friend in party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant hear my friend in party chat: So for some reason I cant hear my friend in party chat. It's only him and I can hear everyone else. I've tried deleting my profile, had both of us reset our xboxes, and nothing. What it seems like...
  8. Cant hear or add friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant hear or add friend: I recently had a friend disappear off my friends list and he appears anonymously in parties and shows offline if I searched him and I cannot add him back however he can hear me whenever we are in...
  9. I can hear my friend but they cant hear me (its not my hardware)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear my friend but they cant hear me (its not my hardware): I contacted xbox live chat went through all the troubleshooting. my kinect and headset both work! when i am in a party or game chat i speak and the icon lights up saying that i am speaking..i...
  10. I can hear a friend but he cant hear me

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear a friend but he cant hear me: I can hear my friend and all my other friends besides him can hear me and he can hear everyone besides me whats wrong? e0310b69-daea-4c69-a3fe-25887be5dce0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant hear xbox friend in xbox companion app