cant get the game pass to work on the shared accounts of the friends and family pass

Discus and support cant get the game pass to work on the shared accounts of the friends and family pass in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; i have tried signing out and back in restarting the computers, sighing the account in on the accounts holders computer an still nothing... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Daniel Van Der Linde, Jun 5, 2023.

1. cant get the game pass to work on the shared accounts of the friends and family pass

i have tried signing out and back in restarting the computers, sighing the account in on the accounts holders computer an still nothing

:)

Daniel Van Der Linde, Jun 5, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

cant get the game pass to work on the shared accounts of the friends and family pass

Hi Daniel!

Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's see what we can do about that here.

To confirm, are you using Windows 10/11 to access or use your shared subscription?
    From which country are you and your friends/family currently located?
  3. Rostom L Win User

Thank you for confirming. Did you subscribe to the subscription using your local currency to pay for it? You must be in the Store set in South Africa when you purchased the subscription to avoid some issues since it's currently in pilot state to select countries.

Kindly check your order history to confirm that via https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders.

On your computers, be sure to login the same account from the Microsoft Store and the Xbox app. It would be best if you use the same account as well via your PC Settings > Accounts.
  4. Daniel Van Der Linde Win User

using window 10 and from south africa and the friends and family is in the same house
  5. not an NPC Win User

I redeem a game pass in the wrong account. How can I transfer it to the correct account?

u cant transfer subscriptions, however u could try adding the account with game pass to your microsoft family (family.microsoft.com). that account will then share game pass with u. just log into your game pass account and your main account on ur xbox and u should be able to use game pass
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

can two seperate PCs use the same account with game pass? how does it work?

Hi Nod. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Game Pass can be shared with your family, only on an Xbox console.

Some people have gotten this working by signing into the Microsoft Store with the account which has the subscription and then signing in to the Xbox app with the other account. This will not work for all games, some require the MS Store and Xbox app account to match.

Also, note that Game Pass is only supposed to be shared within the family, and giving account details to friends is against Microsoft's ToS.

Thanks,
    Kyle
Thema:

1. cant get the game pass to work on the shared accounts of the friends and family pass - Similar Threads - cant game pass

2. I own games and cant play them without game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    I own games and cant play them without game pass: I own games diagonally and on disc and i do not have game pass anymore but i have owned these games prior to having game pass and i cant play any of them and it says i need game pass but i own the...
  3. I cant play forza 5 with game pass core

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play forza 5 with game pass core: I brought a 3 months xbox gold live voucher and when I redeemed it was not was it said it was and was infact xbox core. This was not what I payed for and was mislead by Xbox which om not happy...
  4. System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play resident evile 5 why and why cant i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play resident evile 5 why and why cant i...: System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play Resident evil 5 and i've gone off line to play and it wont let either when i try to play offline it say " due to communication error the network...
  5. I cant play fh5 but i have game pass core

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play fh5 but i have game pass core: I have game pasa core and i have for a while i have the 12 months card but i havent been able to llay forza horizon 5 and i want to know how to fix it 298b6661-b4f1-4131-bb60-d1deae8ebca9
  6. why cant i play r6 even tho i have game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i play r6 even tho i have game pass ultimate: i have monthly paid for game pass ultimate and have been playing seige for the past 7 months but suddenly i have not been able to play because it says i need game pass the payment has came out of...
  7. I cant buy pc game pass, When ever iIty to buy pc game pass it just says I already own it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant buy pc game pass, When ever iIty to buy pc game pass it just says I already own it...: I cant buy xbox pc game pass, probably becuase I previuosly had subscription "xbox game pass friends & family" untill March 2023. When ever i try to buy pc game pass it just says I already owned...
  8. Cant install forza 4 with game pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant install forza 4 with game pass.: Im using windows 10. im trying to install forza 4 but it is giving me 0x803f8007 error. This issue is only with this game. Please let me know any fixes. bd82c78e-1998-4835-83bc-ec6f67d55fa7
  9. i cant get my pc games on xbox after buying ultimate pass ? Ea advised its what i needed

in XBoX Accessibility
    i cant get my pc games on xbox after buying ultimate pass ? Ea advised its what i needed: help, i contacted ea because my pc games werent showing on xbox one s, i was advised to buy a pass non specific, so i puchased ultimate xbox pass ... but i still dont have my pc games, it wants me...
  10. why cant i download in my pc game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i download in my pc game pass: i press download game pass in my pc and it sends me an error 0x803FB005 2f91c5f6-779c-45b8-9bc3-b1ebf7953413