Can't get rid of VERY old xbox account

Discus and support Can't get rid of VERY old xbox account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; getting some recent Russian logins attempts on my Microsoft account using my very old xbox profile id (xbox was given away YEARS ago) would like to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by anonomouse451, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Can't get rid of VERY old xbox account

getting some recent Russian logins attempts on my Microsoft account using my very old xbox profile id (xbox was given away YEARS ago)

would like to divorce my xbox account from my microsoft account but this does not appear to be possible if I no longer have the console
    [Mod Removed- inappropriate] ???

:)

anonomouse451, Mar 6, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

First of all:

Go to
    https://account.live.com/Proofs/Manage
    and change the password of your account.

Then make sure you turn on Two Step Verification and set up the free Authenticator App.

With Two Step Verification and Authenticator App, a hacker would have to physically access your phone to get a secret code from the app to get into your account from then on.

After you secured your account that way, you can go to https://account.xbox.com/Settings/Home/ and then click on Xbox 360 Profile Protection, and click the button to require
    a profile download for the Xbox 360 consoles shown.

This will remotely disable your Xbox Profile on the Xbox 360 console you gave away.

And if it's on a Xbox One, changing your password and setting up Two Step Verification is enough to disable your profile on the Xbox One you gave away.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

4. Xemness Win User

Make sure to personally clear all important and personal information.

Change the password and add an Alias to sign in.

Don't forget the 2-Step Verification Factor.
  5. Zomb13Kittie666 Win User

Yikes hackers are never fun. If you are still able to access the account on PC you should be able to mark it for closure through the security settings menu.
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

All you need to do is change the password.

Have a look
    here
    to protect your account even if you don't use it or have access to your console.
Thema:

1. Can't get rid of VERY old xbox account - Similar Threads - Can't rid VERY

2. Can't I get rid of this achievement

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't I get rid of this achievement: Someone played on my Xbox account and I want to get rid of the stats and achievements for Lego marvel superheroes 2. If there's anyone that Microsoft that can get rid of the stats that will be...
  3. I simply can't get rid of the active downloads list on Xbox Game Pass Beta app for Android.

in XboX Insiders
    I simply can't get rid of the active downloads list on Xbox Game Pass Beta app for Android.: All show "unavailable status" and stay there forever. Any workaround? This started after I put Flight Simulator to install on Xbox. Now I have two Flight Simulator items there and also Worms...
  4. I purchased xbox ultimate game pass by mistake and i cannot get rid of it. I can't download...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased xbox ultimate game pass by mistake and i cannot get rid of it. I can't download...: Can't get rid of xbox ultimate game pass that was bought by mistake. Can't download xbox live gold card please h elp me ccb4db95-b135-4bed-bb6d-0ee372dca27f
  5. No matter how many apps/games are started, I simply can't get rid of Microsoft Store icon...

in XboX Insiders
    No matter how many apps/games are started, I simply can't get rid of Microsoft Store icon...: [IMG] submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]
  6. Headset is making a static noise, and can't get rid of it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset is making a static noise, and can't get rid of it.: My current setup is an Xbox One X, Turtle Beach XO One headset, Turtle Beach adapter. Whenever I play on Xbox Live, other people in the party complain that when I talk, my voice also picks up a...
  7. Why can't I get rid of the puzzles I have completed???????

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I get rid of the puzzles I have completed???????: I hate that I cannot get rid of the completed series of completed puzzles. fbf5eb25-689f-4c3a-9c4e-7836c2ae58f0
  8. Microsoft Edge - Malicious pop up I can't get rid off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Edge - Malicious pop up I can't get rid off: I'm fairly new to MS Edge and have difficulty navigating round it - so please bear this in mind if you can offer help/advise. 1) How to close MS Edge? 2) Can I install it? 3) Every time it...
  9. Can't get rid of the club announcement message in friends list!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get rid of the club announcement message in friends list!: Hi, I just upgraded from the first xbox one console to a xbox one s console and since then I get a message in my friends list telling me more about the clubs feature. In that message I get two...
  10. i have got rid of my old xbox it was broke got a slim xbox now but i can't seem to sign into ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i have got rid of my old xbox it was broke got a slim xbox now but i can't seem to sign into ...: Hi my old xbox broke and I throw it away now I have an xbox slim but when I have gone to sign into xbox live with my details just won't let me enter just says this box this box is not sign up to...