Can't get neither Standard nor Elite controllers to vibrate in Win 11

Discus and support Can't get neither Standard nor Elite controllers to vibrate in Win 11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can't get the vibration to work in games on either of my Xbox controllers in Win11. Both controllers worked just fine while connected via the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gontarius, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Gontarius
    Gontarius Guest

I can't get the vibration to work in games on either of my Xbox controllers in Win11. Both controllers worked just fine while connected via the wireless dongle in Win10 before I got the new PC.

Elite Series 2 controller vibrates just fine in Xbox Accessories edit mode and in 'Enable vibration' mode.

Setup:

- Xbox Elite Series 2 controller (some 2-3 years old at this point); worked just fine in Win10 until the PC swap
    - 'Standard' Xbox controller (1 month old, made via design lab); worked just fine in Win10 until the PC swap
    - Wireless connection Xbox PC dongle (I can't get Bluetooth to recognize the controllers no matter what I tried) For Bluetooth info: the motherboard is Asus Prime Z790-A
    - Extra possible complication: Razer Huntsman v2 Analog
    - Win 11 install is as fresh and up to date as it gets (The build is 5 days old)

- Xbox accessories app is installed and the firmware on gamepads has been updated

Things I tried, in various combinations:

- Making sure 'Controller (Xbox One for Windows)' is set as the preffered device in the USB Game Controller settings

- Uninstalling the Xbox One Controller drivers

- Running with and without enabled Steam Xbox Configuration Support

- Unplugging my Huntsman

- Disabling the 'Game Controllers' that pertain to extra Huntsman gamepad functionalities via Device Manager

- Direct USB-C connection

- Of course, restarts added to the mix while I had been trying the above steps

- Uninstalling the relevant drivers and ensuring the first connection is via a USB-C cable

I admit there may be a very specific mix of the above mentioned steps that may result in getting the issue fixed, but the amount of variables makes it rather prohibitive to exhaust all possible options.

Some other symptoms ocurring in Win11 that I believe may be connected and point towards a more general issue:

- Some games (e.g. Midnight Suns) don't even recognize Elite Series 2 input unless I enable Steam Xbox Configuration Support (never had to do that in Win10)

- Bluetooth connection is simply not capable of even recognizing the gamepads when I attempt to connect via bluetooth. It either displays as:

a. 'Unknown device' (it simultaneously displays as Xbox Wireless Controller on a Win10 work laptop)

b. Generic 'Input' controller

c. 'Xbox Wireless Controller'
    In either case, it just doesn't connect

I'm really at my wits' end, and I begin to wonder if that fact that my PC has an underscore as part of the device name may result in some outlandish compatibility issue. Or that I run a mix of English/Polish language (System in English, Store remained in Polish for some reason, so the app is called 'Akcesoria Xbox')
    Overall, I am very unplaesantly surprised just how bad the support for Xbox gamepads is in Windows 11 - it already worked flawlessly in Windows 10....

:)

Gontarius, Feb 15, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Have you updated the controller via the accessories app?
  3. Gontarius Win User

Thanks for the reply - I realize I wrote quite a lot of text, but have you actually read it? It's covered in step 6 of the Setup part.
  4. RomanHermanski Win User

Xbox Controllers

hi my elite 2 controller don't respond anymore.

not one button, stick or paddles work but the controller is "on"= "home button" has light on...

i can't turn the controller off

when i open the accessories app there is only my standard controller displayed.

connecting to xbox with usb cable doing nothing

when i put them in the case: no "vibration"

on the elite 1 you can simply remove the battery but on elite 2 it's impossible.

is there a trick to turn the controller off and on?

thx
  5. IFR Robb247 Win User

My mic works, but no one in my party can hear me.

Can't be that as I use a standard Headset and Elite controller.
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

Xbox controller

Is it a standard controller or an Elite controller?

If it’s standard you’ll have to replace the controller unfortunately. If it’s an elite you can get it serviced or replaced if it’s still under warranty.
Thema:

1. Can't get neither Standard nor Elite controllers to vibrate in Win 11 - Similar Threads - Can't neither Standard

2. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  3. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  4. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  5. I can't message anyone and i checked for bans and strikes and i have neither of those, what...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't message anyone and i checked for bans and strikes and i have neither of those, what...: i tried signing out and signing in, didn't work, i tried checking for bans, had none, i tried checking strikes, had none, still can't message, what do i do? c7a6e80c-5f26-4f56-b659-97040dbe2723
  6. Can't install Forza Horizon 4 neither from ms store nor from xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Forza Horizon 4 neither from ms store nor from xbox app: Hello, I am trying to install Forza Horizon 4 on my Laptop. I am installing on an internal SSD, but not on the system partition. I have enough space on the disk. When I try to install it from...
  7. friends can't join my game in ASTRONEER and neither can i join their worlds...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    friends can't join my game in ASTRONEER and neither can i join their worlds...: (PC)I got the game along with my group of 4 friends on PC GAME PASS, i have been able to play with one of them but the other 2 can't join in any way, it always fails to connect to the host... I...
  8. Can't install Warhammer 3 on PC as it says "update available" and "Resume update" neither...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Warhammer 3 on PC as it says "update available" and "Resume update" neither...: Tried to move the game to my ssd because of poor load time and I think i've bricked it, If i uninstall games pass and reinstall I will loose other games so thats not really an option, I just want...
  9. can't neither remove, update, or reinstall Wolfenstein 2 XBOX Beta Game Pass for PC + Error...

in XBoX on Windows
    can't neither remove, update, or reinstall Wolfenstein 2 XBOX Beta Game Pass for PC + Error...: After failing to change game language into German I decided to uninstall Wolfenstein 2. Unfortunately, as it happened to me before with Metro Exodus, the game disappeared only from Windows menu...
  10. Can't access Xbox Live Profile neither on XBox360 nor on Web

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't access Xbox Live Profile neither on XBox360 nor on Web: I'm not able to access my Xbox Live profile. What I've tried: Access via Microsoft account Login at https://account.microsoft.com/ Go to "Ihre Informationen" Link Gehe zu Xbox-Profil Result:...