Can't get my storage back after cancelling and install for a game

Discus and support Can't get my storage back after cancelling and install for a game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ive recently decided to download Ark survival evolved on my laptop using the xbox app and I noticed that by the time there was 75% i had only 25 gigs... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Saifi Ahmed, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Saifi Ahmed
    Saifi Ahmed Guest

Ive recently decided to download Ark survival evolved on my laptop using the xbox app and I noticed that by the time there was 75% i had only 25 gigs of storage left so in a panic i decided to terminate the installation.

Before I started installing I saw that I had more than enough storage to download ark. However after cancelling the installation I only got around 40 or so gigabytes of storage back and not the full 165 gigs. I need help trying to get back my storage.

:)

Saifi Ahmed, Feb 2, 2023
  2. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

par_0511 Independent Advisor posted a solution to a user who had a similar issue:

"Method 1:

- Open File Explorer and then look for the View tab and check mark the Hidden items

- Go to the following path

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache (the username is the one set on your PC)

- Look for the folder named cache if you find the Cache folder then rename it to Cache.old or before you can also delete all of the contents first and see if it works and if not then you can proceed with renaming it and then you can delete the ones with the .old afterwards

- Then create a new folder and name it Cache. If the Cache folder doesn’t exist by default, simply create the empty new folder and name it Cache. Now close File Explorer and reboot your PC and then check it again

Method 2:

- Open File Explorer

- Navigate to the folders below and delete its contents

C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore

C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download

- After doing the above check it again"

Original post

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

If your problem persists or the problem is fixed please let me know!

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  3. Saifi Ahmed Win User

Hi Miguel, the cache folder didn't exist so I made a new one and rebooted my laptop however i still didn't get my storage back and i've tried the seconds method but i can t delete the files in datastore however I was able to do so with the downloads folder
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

carnt get hold of anybody from Xbox chat and call back dosent work

Hi rikkiovdarlo89! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please cancel the current installation process, and do it after every time the steps fail

If you are using and external storage please unplug it and install the game in the internal storage

If you aren't installing on a external storage but you have one plugged please unplug it and power cycle the console, if that doesn't work restore the console without deleting game and apps
  5. ROCKETZOMBIE77 Win User

Cannot Play Game (Call of Duty) Due To Installation\Update Issues.

I need the external storage box plugged into my Xbox console in order to reinstall the game. Would it be possible for me to still install the game if I plugged the external storage back into my console, (After unplugging it, and re-plugging in the power cord)?

I will try this method as soon as I get a few minutes to do so.
  6. AmbreezieCox Win User

Game Pass Steals My Games???

I had the same problem but with the Xbox gold free games. I had installed a free game after removing old games I dont play and after I went to install the game... it took off my fiance's forza game that he got off the game pass. Easy to say I canceled
    my game and put his back on there.
Thema:

1. Can't get my storage back after cancelling and install for a game - Similar Threads - Can't storage cancelling

2. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  3. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  4. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  5. Can't message

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't message: Can't message to other gamers 940583d9-eb4b-45d7-8ffe-8fff61521ad6
  6. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  7. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  8. i have a £10 gift card I can't redeem it

in XBoX on Windows
    i have a £10 gift card I can't redeem it: i have got a Xbox gift card it won't redeem 8f77ffb3-395b-4b97-9dfc-4f450ab0b061
  9. I can't download games or access cloud storage on my Xbox 360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download games or access cloud storage on my Xbox 360.: I'm having some download issues with the Xbox 360. I am on wireless internet connection, and my wireless is perfectly fine but the console is only reading the download speed at 0.01 Mbps, when my...
  10. I can't play xbox 360 games on my xbox after clearing my local xbox 360 storage

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't play xbox 360 games on my xbox after clearing my local xbox 360 storage: For a while I haven't been able to sign into xbox live whilst playing my xbox 360 games. I decided to clear my local 360 storage which made the problem worse. Now whenever I load into an xbox 360...