Can't get MSFS Marketplace purchases to work

Discus and support Can't get MSFS Marketplace purchases to work in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have attempted to buy an item from the MSFS 2020 in game Marketplace. The charge goes through, but it never shows up in my content manager. After I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by BrianDann_435, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Can't get MSFS Marketplace purchases to work

I have attempted to buy an item from the MSFS 2020 in game Marketplace. The charge goes through, but it never shows up in my content manager. After I completed the purchase, the item status changed to "Owned", but the download link wouldn't do anything. I restarted the game, now it doesn't show as "Owned" any longer. If I go into my MS account purchase history, I can see the charge, and my credit card was definitely charged. Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

BrianDann_435, Feb 21, 2021
  2. Tomm_A Win User

MSFS 2020 Can't purchase any addons in the marketplace

Hello

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Tomm_A Win User

MSFS 2020 Can't purchase any addons in the marketplace

Hello Hawaiian Hippie,

Thanks for posting to the Microsoft community. First, we would like to offer our deepest apologies for the lack of a timely response to your question. We suffered some unexpected staffing issues over the holidays and clearly we let you down.

Can you please let us know if you still need assistance with this, or if you already solved it through another path?

Again, our apologies, and thank you for your understanding as we try to catch up.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Flyngmonk Win User

Error code 0x87DD0003 - when trying to log in to any XBOX Live services on PC [SOLVED]

now in Italy xbox access is ok. the problem is graying marketplace on msfs :(
  5. Roteroktober Win User

MSFS Marketplace steam version: Transaction failed, but you gonna pay for it never the less.

Hello!
    My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

, I'm sorry about this situation, friend.

Unfortunately, microsoft does not have access to the Steam platform to verify this situation for you.

If the purchase is by microsoft, it will appear in the history:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

See if your order is listed here. Make sure you are using the email that made the purchase (DO NOT send the email here, it is not allowed)
    Open it, and see what is in the Status. If it is completed, or another word

If it does not appear, it may be that the purchase has not been completed, so although the amount has been withdrawn from your account, it will automatically return within a certain time.

But, for microsoft the most you can do will be to confirm by the history I sent you.

Because the game was not purchased by Microsoft, and only Steam will have access to its own platform.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
    Sorry but this doesn't help. It seems, that no purchase is tracked by microsoft when you are running the steam version of MSFS.

The problem is, that you have to buy flight sim credits in order to use the marketplace. For the steam version you'll use the steam wallet to purachse these credits prior to your purchase in the MSFS marketplace. This system is very fragile. The marketplace will cancel the transaction if the transfer from the steam wallet to flight sim credits takes to long. But steam doesn't know the flight sim credits haven't been spend. And the marketplace register the transaction as failed.

Since there is no way to monitor you flight sim credits (when they even exist) you have no evidence that you actually paid for something. You will see it in your bank account though. Ive been in touch both with the steam support and the microsoft support and I may get my money back, but this process is VERY tideous since you get no receipts in the marketplace and steam is only tracking your flight sim credits.

So my lesson learned is: DONT use the MSFS marketplace with the steam version of MSFS in the first place, or as mentioned by the microsoft support: Add funds to your steam wallet 24 hours prior your purchase in the MSFS marketplace.

I dont think this is customer friendly and that there has to be done something to close this money sinkhole.

Best regards
  6. voteDC Win User

Ms points verschwunden dringende hilfe

Unfortunately you can't get refunds for items purchased on the marketplace.
Thema:

Can't get MSFS Marketplace purchases to work

1. Can't get MSFS Marketplace purchases to work - Similar Threads - Can't MSFS Marketplace

2. So I have a new series S Xbox and I just bought msfs but I can't use the offline mode...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I have a new series S Xbox and I just bought msfs but I can't use the offline mode...: Hi there I have a new Xbox series S. I recently bought Microsoft flight sim. And while I absolutely love the game I have a problem with Internet currently and Ive found no solution to using the...
  3. Unable to MSFS digital ownership version in order history, can't re-download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to MSFS digital ownership version in order history, can't re-download: I purchased MSFS in DEC of 2022 and installed and played it for several months. I deleted it to clear up space. When I went to go back and install it from XBOX, I couldn't find my purchase. I...
  4. Why can't I download the flight events client so I can make my MSFS experience more realistic?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download the flight events client so I can make my MSFS experience more realistic?: When I go on https://events.flighttracker.tech I cant download the MSFS toolbar or FE client for MSFS but i just also want to add different aircraft aswell, please let me....
  5. Can't launch MSFS for the life of me

in XboX Insiders
    Can't launch MSFS for the life of me: I have bought the game pass to have access to MSFS. For the last month, I have had around 5 times where I had to extensively troubleshoot the game because it wouldn't launch. On the last time I...
  6. I just bought a larger SSD M.2 NVMe, cloned it but MSFS 2020 will not run. "MSFS can't open...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought a larger SSD M.2 NVMe, cloned it but MSFS 2020 will not run. "MSFS can't open...: Hello, to whom this may concern: I just bought a larger SSD M.2 NVMe, cloned it but MSFS 2020 will not run. "MSFS can't open because it is offline. The storage might be missing or disconnected"....
  7. Can't sign in to Xbox to launch MSFS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't sign in to Xbox to launch MSFS: Hello, I'm not sure if this problem is mostly an Xbox problem or more of a problem with MS Flight Simulator. It first noticed that the "MSFS Marketplace" tab was grayed out in MSFS. Then, I saw...
  8. I am suddenly geting a "this app can't open" message when I try to start MSFS 2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly geting a "this app can't open" message when I try to start MSFS 2020: Microsft store does not seem to work correctly. xbox app sometimes will not open, and when it does MSFS does not appear in the app (or in the store). Also if it does open it says it neeed to...
  9. Can't Search for POI in MSFS 2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Search for POI in MSFS 2020: I can no longer search for POI. Only airports appear when I search. I've verified that all the appropriate options for searching POI are turned on. 144f4810-5ed4-4fef-b150-a8631d08e6c2
  10. Why can't I stream MSFS 2020 (Cloud Gaming) on Twitch from my Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I stream MSFS 2020 (Cloud Gaming) on Twitch from my Xbox One?: When I try to begin streaming MSFS, it says "this game does not support streaming." Is there any way around this or will it be fixed in the future? Thanks 61bec7c1-971a-4891-84cf-601af927e56f