cant get minecraft java to launch

Discus and support cant get minecraft java to launch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased minecraft java addition for my son but it will not launch. This has been extremely frustatring 6d3ae72d-9961-4cfd-9170-3132902f6805 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Christine Klosterman, May 13, 2023.

1. cant get minecraft java to launch

I purchased minecraft java addition for my son but it will not launch. This has been extremely frustatring

:)

Christine Klosterman, May 13, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hi Christine, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this

I'm sorry to hear your son is not able to play Minecraft, may I know what error code or message appears when you or he try to open the game?

And what procedures you tried to fix this?
  3. ChaosGamerAH Win User

Minecraft redeem code

so xbox minecraft code cant be used to redeem java minecraft?
  4. soxfan014 Win User

Minecraft will not open via launcher, only through microsoft store.

Hello mimim2,

The Minecraft launcher you are referring to is only for the Java edition of Minecraft. The Java edition and Windows 10, are two separate games. In order to launch and play Minecraft from the launcher you are using in the last image, you must buy the Java
    edition from the site, not the Windows 10 version. Minecraft Java Edition | Minecraft. Annoying I know, but when Microsoft acquired Minecraft they released
    their own version of the game on their platform. Hope this helps

-
  5. Wolly. noice Win User

Minecraft PC Bundle

its been a over a month and i still have the same problem i bought minecraft bedrock edition on my but i cant get java
  6. Joseph Baruch Win User

Why do i need to pay money to play games i own?

whenever i try to launch minecraft via its (MS Store) launcher it tells me Looks like you need to renew gold but i have a microsoft version and java version of minecraft if i try to launch minecraft via the shortcut i get an error and redirected to the ms store page for minecraft link for the ms store looks like you need to renew gold : https://imgur.com/a/7R7HPFF
Thema:

1. cant get minecraft java to launch - Similar Threads - cant minecraft java

2. I have minecraft bedrock on PC but cant get java?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have minecraft bedrock on PC but cant get java?: I recently saw you could get both minecraft versions for free. First, I thought it was only for people who have Java, but I realized if you have bedrock minecraft you can get it too. However, when...
  3. Why cant I play Minecraft java after buying java & bedrock bundle?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I play Minecraft java after buying java & bedrock bundle?: I just bought Minecraft bedrock & java from the MS store but when i try to launch the game in the "Minecraft for windows" tab it defaults to bedrock edition and when I go to the Minecraft launcher...
  4. I cant enable Multiplayer on my Java edition of Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant enable Multiplayer on my Java edition of Minecraft: I recently got Minecraft today and it said that go to Microsoft account settings . But once there i could not find where in settings I needed to go. I watched a bunch of videos and they told me to...
  5. I cant play minecraft multiplayer java

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play minecraft multiplayer java: I been wanting to play minecraft java edition multiplayer but its locked and says change your settings on microsoft, I set my age to my real age above 18 and left the family group i was in and in...
  6. I bought the bundle of java and bedrock editions of minecraft (because i cant buy just one...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the bundle of java and bedrock editions of minecraft (because i cant buy just one...: You guys can look at my account to confirm i bought it, im logged in on the right account in the launcher, and i have access to java edition. but for bedrock instead of the play button i have a...
  7. bought minecraft java edition and still cant play

in XBoX Accessibility
    bought minecraft java edition and still cant play: So I just bought the minecraft java and bedrock deluxe edition and It wont let me play java. I click on the launcher and it only gives me a demo option for java but I can play the bedrock version...
  8. Minecraft tells me that i cant play java becouse of family sharing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft tells me that i cant play java becouse of family sharing: Minecraft tells me that i cant play java becouse of family sharing its confusing becouse im an adult i dont have family account and i dont have family sharing soo i need help...
  9. Cant claim minecraft java, even tho i purchased bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant claim minecraft java, even tho i purchased bedrock: i have an old account that is bedrock, when i log in to claim java it wont let me but instead says to buy the bundle or buy java on its own. 36a8b7e0-5f0d-45ac-9bc6-155d8fde27fc
  10. I bought minecraft java edition, I cant use it because it takes me to gaming services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought minecraft java edition, I cant use it because it takes me to gaming services: basicly i can't play minecraft d3ca85dd-2b0d-4608-8bef-9ae4982ff9f6