Cant get hooked up to wifi or hotspot

Discus and support Cant get hooked up to wifi or hotspot in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Can someone help me im new to xbox and i got a Series S today and cant get it to hook up to my hotspot or wifi. Can someone help? submitted by... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/The_Swagg_Stop, May 23, 2024.

1. Cant get hooked up to wifi or hotspot

Can someone help me im new to xbox and i got a Series S today and cant get it to hook up to my hotspot or wifi. Can someone help?

submitted by /u/The_Swagg_Stop
    [link] [comments]

/u/The_Swagg_Stop, May 23, 2024
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox wont connect to my hotspot

Well, your console has to connect to the Hotspot. The Hotspot only provides WiFi, and does not connect to devices itself.

Set up your Hotspot to be visible. If you use a smartphone as Hotspot, be aware that you can NOT use Bluetooth as tethering method. The phone needs to use WiFi to share it's cellular connection.

Some modern phones are able to bridge a WiFi connection, but usually, if you set up a WiFi hotspot on your phone, the connection to WiFi gets disconnected, and the phone connects to the Internet via it's cellular network, and shares that connection via WiFi.

Go to your console's network settings and let it search for WiFi networks. Does your Hotspot SSID (Network Name) show up in the list?

If not, check your phone settings.

If the SSID shows up on the console, connect to it, and provide the Password that the phone provides (or that you set up in your phone for the Hotspot).

Depending on your cellular data plan, it might not be permitted to use Laptops, PCs or consoles via cellular hotspot. In that case contact your phone provider.

Also be aware, that multiplayer through such a hotspot is usually problematic.
  3. Justin812 Win User

My hotspot worked great before XBOX live went down. Now it shows my wifi but says it cant connect to the internet or that my network isnt set up but it is set up...
  4. KNIGHT X IIMMOT Win User

Xbox one s

If you cant find your hotspot connection via Xbox read this.

I don’t know why but this always works for me.

turn off wifi then turn on portable hotspot, a message should pop up, click on turn on wifi, and Do NOT lock your screen. Try again and see if you can see your hotspot connection, after you connected to your phone you can lock your screen.
  5. blaze38833 Win User

My hotspot worked great before XBOX live went down. Now it shows my wifi but says it cant connect to the internet or that my network isnt set up but it is set up...
    Same here
  6. PromXnitereject Win User

Xbox Screen And Menu

I cant even accses my xbox atall the home screen the menu all of if i cant even play offline because its hooked to wifi and ti change it i need my settings. NOPE cant get to that either
Thema:

Cant get hooked up to wifi or hotspot

1. Cant get hooked up to wifi or hotspot - Similar Threads - Cant hooked wifi

2. upnp cant be fixed despite trying all options

in XBoX on Consoles
    upnp cant be fixed despite trying all options: Hi, I have an xbox one s and i have just moved in with a relative. ever since i had gotten my xbox set up here at my new residence ive had this problem where my internet says "upnp not succesful"...
  3. I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...: Here is the Revolut message 6dd93ab6-f3ba-42c2-92eb-468690d1d368
  4. Why cant I join a discord call on my xbox one S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I join a discord call on my xbox one S?: I have literally done every trick in the book at this point. Ive unlinked and relinked my discord account like 10 times, factory reset my xbox with the games and apps not touched 3 times, reset...
  5. how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore: I have not really cared about this account for a long time until now but I have been trying for hours on the recovery account I have the email if you want to find out the information but since it...
  6. On my xbox on i unplugged it like the power cord and now i cant hook up to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    On my xbox on i unplugged it like the power cord and now i cant hook up to my internet: On my xbox on i unplugged it like the power cord and now i cant hook up to my internet 26785b9c-25ab-4d2c-b0bf-7c152051570c
  7. Trying to hook up steering wheel on racing games and I cant get nothing except X Box...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to hook up steering wheel on racing games and I cant get nothing except X Box...: Need help to switch from X Box controller to a steering wheel for racing games. cant seem to get changed over. Playing Need for Speed and Frontanna 4,, and 7. any suggestions? Thanks Tommy...
  8. Hitron: I cant get my xbox one s hook up to my modem.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Hitron: I cant get my xbox one s hook up to my modem.: Hitron (Modems/Gateways): I cant get my xbox one s hook up to my modem. why is my HItron modem is not listed on here. how am i to find out how to hook up my xbox one s?...
  9. Wireless Gaming Adapters: why do when i hook up my new xbox one s it keep saying cant connect ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: why do when i hook up my new xbox one s it keep saying cant connect ...: Wireless Gaming Adapters: why do when i hook up my new xbox one s it keep saying cant connect to my DHCP SERVER I CANT GET MY NEW XBOX ONE S HOOKED UP IT KEEP SAYING CANT CONNECT TO MY DHCP SERVER...
  10. Beyond pissed i cant hook up my Kinect to the X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Beyond pissed i cant hook up my Kinect to the X: so $500 bucks 25 years of membership and I can't use my f-OMG Kinect unless I buy a $80 dollar adapter. Absolute horses$t . I am seriously considering a PS4 pro!! Why why why this port would have...