Can't format the External Xbox One Hard Drive Storage to use for Windows?! PLEASE READ!!

Discus and support Can't format the External Xbox One Hard Drive Storage to use for Windows?! PLEASE READ!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If you have an external storage hard drive previously used for Xbox One games data and instead wanna use it on Windows, please note that it's no use to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AblazeKarma03, Sep 17, 2022.

1. Can't format the External Xbox One Hard Drive Storage to use for Windows?! PLEASE READ!!

If you have an external storage hard drive previously used for Xbox One games data and instead wanna use it on Windows, please note that it's no use to just format the drive to erase all the data. You need a special 3rd-party program that can erase all the SECTORS as well as all the data. 2 such free programs for this are DiskGenius and EaseUS.

First move all your necessary Xbox One profiles, games and saved data off the drive that you wanna erase, then connect that drive to your pc. When you open the program, be sure to select that drive as you can NEVER recover data from a drive whose sectors are erased. Also, the sector erasure process can take a week depending on the drive size.

Once all the sectors are erased, format the drive to any useful file system (mainly NTFS). When done, you can use the drive for Windows again.

:)

AblazeKarma03, Sep 17, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Copy files from Mac to Xbox One external HDD ?

Hi,

Not sure what you wanted to do here, could you elaborate?

As for external hard drives, you can't partition them for use as both external storage for games and for use with your Mac or PC. You can use an external hard drive on the Xbox One as a media drive, though.

If you format an external hard drive for Xbox One games storage, the whole drive is formatted and the file system is changed.
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Connect a hard drive

Hello CrazyGamerHere3,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with hard drive detection on your Xbox One. From your post it seems that you've formatted the hard drive on an OS X device and not Windows 10. Please try to format your hard drive to the
    NTFS File System for it to be detected on your Xbox One. For more, please visit this page:

Troubleshoot external storage detection on Xbox One

I hope this information helps.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Can't format the External Xbox One Hard Drive Storage to use for Windows?! PLEASE READ!!

I and numerous others previously had questions and complaints about bad sectors left on external drives after being used for Xbox One games, resulting in their costly and wasteful disposal. But even though time-consuming, sector erasure was the only perfect and correct solution to the problem.
    Bad sectors are parts of the drive that have failed. These bad sectors are physically damaged, they're not damaged or 'bad' because they used to hold Xbox data.

Hard discs are mechanical, made up of disc platters with tracks and sectors and read write heads. Hard drives fail, it's not if, it's when.

There's reason why they can be referred to as 'spinning rust'
  5. AblazeKarma03 Win User

I and numerous others previously had questions and complaints about bad sectors left on external drives after being used for Xbox One games, resulting in their costly and wasteful disposal. But even though time-consuming, sector erasure was the only perfect and correct solution to the problem.
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

all that is fallacy, running disk management on windows and initialising the drive and formatting is all that is needed, been doing this for many years with no issues, using third party tools is a dodgy process as most of them are/or contain malware.

this day and age you DO NOT need to use a third-party tool to manage a drive at all.

I have been working in IT for many years, especially with hardware.
Thema:

1. Can't format the External Xbox One Hard Drive Storage to use for Windows?! PLEASE READ!! - Similar Threads - Can't format External

2. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  3. Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox: Hello, I have a problem with my external SSD. I have an Xbox Series S, and my Xbox sees my external SSD Samsung portable SSD T5 with 2 tb but only for media, there is no option to use it for...
  4. I can't use my hard drive to install Xbox games, it says it isn't formatted as NTFS even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use my hard drive to install Xbox games, it says it isn't formatted as NTFS even...: [img] [img] Please help, I don't want to use my C: drive since it doesn't have that much storage. c517403b-05c4-4e77-a535-8092e3cddf67
  5. DVD not working; want to get a couple games in Digital format but can't find them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DVD not working; want to get a couple games in Digital format but can't find them: I hadn't used my XBox360 in a couple years (really my son's Xbox that I inherited when he moved out), and when I tried to use it, it would not read any of my game DVDs. When I chose "Open Tray",...
  6. Can't format WD hard drive to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format WD hard drive to Xbox One: Hi everyone I am getting really ticked off with trying to use my WD Elements hard drive for my Xbox One. I just formatted it from the apple file system to NTFS and it showed up as a media drive....
  7. Xbox Game Pass Format Sonrası Oyunları Görmeme Hatası / Xbox Game Pass can't see my games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Format Sonrası Oyunları Görmeme Hatası / Xbox Game Pass can't see my games...: Xbox Game Pass kullanıcısıyım ve oyunlarımı D: klasörüne yüklüyorum. Bugün bilgisayarıma yani C: diskine format attım. Xbox'a girdim ve yüklemiş olduğum oyunların görünmediğini fark ettim. Oyunlar...
  8. Can't Format an external HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Format an external HDD: I have a 2T, Toshiba, USB3.0, external HDD, formatted to NTFS, for use on a Xbox ONE S. I have plugged it into each of the USB sockets, and each time the drive is seen, but only for captures and...
  9. Não consigo formatar meu Xbox One[I can't format my Xbox One]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Não consigo formatar meu Xbox One[I can't format my Xbox One]: Há cerca de um ano meu console apresentou um problema em que ele ligava porém não iniciava. Levei numa assistência técnica e o técnico não conseguiu resolver o problema também. Ele achou que meu...
  10. Logisat 2350HD+: Can't format external hard drive

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Logisat 2350HD+: Can't format external hard drive: Logisat (Set-top Boxes) 2350HD+: Can't format external hard drive hi I recently purchased a 1tb 3.0 external hard drive. When connected to xbox one it asks me to format the drive. When I...