Can't finish Device Control setup for audio receiver

Discus and support Can't finish Device Control setup for audio receiver in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I got a brand new Pyle sound bar from a Christmas raffle, and it sounds great. It would, of course, be great to set up my Xbox One to control the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Skip9494, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Skip9494
    Skip9494 Guest

So I got a brand new Pyle sound bar from a Christmas raffle, and it sounds great. It would, of course, be great to set up my Xbox One to control the power and volume from it as well. However, when I go into the Device Control setup, I cannot finish the setup.
    I choose my brand and find my device's model right away. However, I cannot get past this screen. The "Next" button is bold and highlighted, but when I press it, absolutely nothing happens. I'm just stuck on the "Here's what we found. Pick yours." screen.

I've tried all the basics, including: resetting the console, hard resetting, power cycling, unplugging and replugging in everything, unplugging the audio receiver itself... even Xbox Support's strange suggestions, such as resetting the MAC address and clearing
    some Blu-Ray settings. Still can't make it past that screen. I've also tried other models and remote codes, but they don't work.

I can see my model on the list, I can select it. I just can't get any further than that. What gives? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

Skip9494, Dec 26, 2015
  2. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Xbox One Kinect control for Onkyo PR-SC885

Hey Waarna!

While we can't guarantee power off features are compatible with every TV or receiver, I do suggest giving the remote code
    1805 a shot. You can enter that in 'Device control' settings under the 'TV & Oneguide' settings group!

Once you're on the 'Device control' screen, select 'Audio receiver' and then 'Enter audio receiver remote code'.

Give that a shot and let me know how it goes!

Mister Beep, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Lt Nicholls
    Lt Nicholls Guest
    Xbox one audio receiver issue

I am having an issue with my audio receiver. I first set up my television, which was awesome. I used that and then wanted to try the voice controls with my audio receiver. It totally works, but often I don't use the surround setup. So I would rather switch
    back to only having the television set up and I will control my surround audio the "old fashioned way" with a clicker. The thing is, I can't set the audio receiver back to none! It defaults to my current setting. Advice?

Lt Nicholls, Dec 26, 2015
  4. killer kryll
    killer kryll Guest

Id input your sounbars name but not put model number in,then go to guide me and keep searching until it mutes,see if that helps

killer kryll, Dec 26, 2015
  5. killer kryll Win User

Id input your sounbars name but not put model number in,then go to guide me and keep searching until it mutes,see if that helps
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Xbox One Kinect control for Onkyo PR-SC885

Hey Waarna!

While we can't guarantee power off features are compatible with every TV or receiver, I do suggest giving the remote code
    1805 a shot. You can enter that in 'Device control' settings under the 'TV & Oneguide' settings group!

Once you're on the 'Device control' screen, select 'Audio receiver' and then 'Enter audio receiver remote code'.

Give that a shot and let me know how it goes!
  7. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

HDMI Splitter with cable box and surround sound receiver

From Support:

Basic setup with an audio/video receiver

With an audio/video (A/V) receiver, the best and most direct option is to connect the devices sequentially:

1.Connect your set-top box HDMI output to the Xbox One HDMI input.

2.Connect the Xbox One HDMI output to your A/V HDMI input.

3.Connect your A/V HDMI output to the HDMI input on your television.

Notes

•This option requires that all devices support audio over HDMI.

•Surround sound from your set-top box will not be passed through the Xbox One.

•When you perform this kind of basic setup with an A/V receiver, you’re passing both audio and video through another device. Depending on your equipment, there is a small risk of audio or video lag.
  8. Ackis Win User

X box one x broblem

There's an option for the Xbox to automatically turn on/off the TV when it's turned on/off.

Take a look here:

https://pureinfotech.com/setup-xbox-one-automatically-turn-on-tv-audio-receiver/

It's under Settings -> All Settings -> TV & OneGuide -> Device Control.
  9. Dallium Win User

XBox one can only control Sony KDL46EX523 sometimes

PEBCAC error

If your XBox is controlling an audio receiver, your XBox won't send audio commands to your TV, it'll try to send them to your receiver. If you remove your receiver from "Device Control", everything will magically start working.
Thema:

1. Can't finish Device Control setup for audio receiver - Similar Threads - Can't finish Device

2. my xbox can't finish the last insider update

in XboX Insiders
    my xbox can't finish the last insider update: It freezes at 86 % . I already tried to unplug replug like 20 times it's frozen since 4 hours ago . Help me please . submitted by /u/AddressOtherwise3919 [link] [comments]
  3. Can't finish factory reset on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't finish factory reset on xbox one: Hi I am having the most problem.. I have a day one xbox one and I did join the insider program. I had a problem where it wasn't letting me log on to online games or install things from store. I...
  4. can't finish installing fs2020 Premium Deluxe

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't finish installing fs2020 Premium Deluxe: I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, system restore, System reset, updating drivers, uninstalling drivers, all to no avail. I can't get the 110 gig update to install. I've tried C:, D: with no...
  5. Xbox One "Can't finish multiplayer tests"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One "Can't finish multiplayer tests": I just moved into a new apartment, and have my wifi router set up. I booted up my xbox, and it connected to the internet just fine. Everything works, except multiplayer. When I test my internet...
  6. Can you make this process stop? How long will it take to finish if you can't stop it?

in XboX Insiders
    Can you make this process stop? How long will it take to finish if you can't stop it?: [IMG] submitted by /u/TrueNexus_ [link] [comments]
  7. (XBOX ONE) Error "Can't finish multiplayer tests" code: 0x0000000000000000

in XBoX on Consoles
    (XBOX ONE) Error "Can't finish multiplayer tests" code: 0x0000000000000000: THE ISSUE: I am unable to connect to multiplayer. THE CONTEXT: I'm connected to the internet, have an Open NAT type I am able to talk in a party with friends, but cannot connect to multiplayer....
  8. Can't Finish Multiplayer connection Tests

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Finish Multiplayer connection Tests: I have been unable to connect to multiplayer servers for the past couple days now and I am unsure what else to do at this point. At first the problem was having a moderate Nat type and the Upnp...
  9. : "Can't Finish Multiplayer Tests"

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : "Can't Finish Multiplayer Tests": : "Can't Finish Multiplayer Tests" Definitely use the troubleshooter and/or check with your ISP to see if they didn't set it up right. You can also try logging into your router to make sure...
  10. : Can't finish multiplayer tests

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Can't finish multiplayer tests: : Can't finish multiplayer tests Hi there Keaton, Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with completing a multiplayer connection test. I recommend to try replacing the Ethernet...