Can't find microphone

Discus and support Can't find microphone in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; whenever I plug in my mic to my controller it says can't find a microphone for these people and I know for sure that the headset and controller aren't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mental hot dog5, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Can't find microphone

whenever I plug in my mic to my controller it says can't find a microphone for these people and I know for sure that the headset and controller aren't broken does anyone have Any ways to fix this?

:)

mental hot dog5, Sep 17, 2017
  2. We can't find mic for these people

We have an XBOX one and no one can hear me. In party chat it shows "We can't find a microphone for these people" Please advise

CalculousStar90, Sep 17, 2017
  3. My mic

Every time I join a party it says we can't find a microphone for these people, and I got a new mic a couple weeks ago.

FitterBow827446, Sep 17, 2017
  4. JohnnyXeo
    JohnnyXeo Guest

Can't find microphone

Check if your controller needs an update in the settings area and see if you still have a problem.

JohnnyXeo, Sep 17, 2017
  5. JohnnyXeo Win User

Can't find microphone

Check if your controller needs an update in the settings area and see if you still have a problem.
  6. colinwalsh1 Win User

My son got banned, its finished but still can't talk help!

Tried it twice didn't work says can't find a microphone for these people 😕
  7. Arminator Win User

We can't find a microphone for these people

If you use a headset with a 3.5 mm plug and 3 rings on the connector, know that there are two standards for those headset connectors called "OMTP" and "CTIA".

If you have 3 headsets with a OMTP setup, then the headset is "talking" to the ground pin of the controller, and the controller is "listening" for the microphone on the ground-pin of the headset.

You need to get a CTIA to OMTP adapter, which simply reverses these two contacts. You can get these adapters online or in most cellphone stores.
  8. choppyseize Win User

"We can't find your microphone"

What type of headset is it ? Are you sure it's compatible with the Xbox one? Have you checked to make sure it doesn't need any additional firmware or anything downloaded directly from the manufacturers site ? My current headset needed an entire app downloaded
    onto my PC before it would work properly
  9. aMexicanErb Win User

"we can't find a microphone for these people"

Good afternoon Skorpio11x

Here are a couple links to the support page that can help trouble shoot the issue possibly.

Mic Not working troubleshooter

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wired-headset-help

Compatible Headset

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-compatible-headset

Connecting a headset to a Wireless Controller

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-chat-headset-to-controller

Also here is a link to Xbox Support accessories section

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/accessories

I know that me personally I was trying to use headphones that had chat capability but I never could get it to work correctly (like the issues you are having) until I bought a Stereo headset Adaptor. If you have not purchase one of these you might try that

I hope the issue gets resolved, I know it is no fun not being able to participate in the chat.

If this is helpful please mark my reply as such and thank you!
Thema:

Can't find microphone

1. Can't find microphone - Similar Threads - Can't find microphone

2. When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...: When I try to make a group post for Minecraft it says, "Let's keep it clean - remove inappropriate content, then try posting again." I can't find out what it is that makes my post inappropriate....
  3. Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?: Ok, so I used the console companion app on my laptop to download, edit, and upload on my socials, but now the app doesn't work, and I can't find any way to find them. I've looked all over the...
  4. Can't find solution to make xbox app work correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Can't find solution to make xbox app work correctly: Yesterday after logging in the xbox app i couldn't open any game or menu because all options were greyed out like they were loading. From that point on i've tried everything from reinstalling to...
  5. i can't find the option to redeem xbox gift cards

in XBoX on Windows
    i can't find the option to redeem xbox gift cards: i want an Xbox gift card to get minecraft but the only options I have to redeem are Roblox, Overwatch, Diablo VI, sea of thieves and organizations to donate. I don't even have the option to...
  6. I accidentally deleted my Xbox controller from my device manager and i can't find a way to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally deleted my Xbox controller from my device manager and i can't find a way to...: Can anyone tell me a way to do that? 068f9475-6371-44bc-a8ef-b669c2fa71ca
  7. People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar: People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar I checked my settings, nothing indicates why they wouldn't be able to I made sure they're typing it correctly f60ef53c-b54c-484e-bcd1-00cf2c88511e
  8. Can't find lfg on xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't find lfg on xbox: I'm able to post lfg for destiny 2 but any other game I try to it says there was a problem please try again or something along those lines ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Xbox...
  9. Can't find any settings that are restricting me from downloading mods on fs22.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find any settings that are restricting me from downloading mods on fs22.: I've looked at a bunch of settings and I can't find anything that is helping. My issue is, when i try to go onto modhub in fs22 it says "you can't play with content created by other players...
  10. Where is the https://www.mirosoft.com/link website i can't find it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where is the https://www.mirosoft.com/link website i can't find it?: I can't get into the website to link my xbox series s using the 8 digit code. 1f37de6c-617d-4bd9-b226-3edab70f053e