Can't figure out how to change gamertag and account asscoiated email

Discus and support Can't figure out how to change gamertag and account asscoiated email in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'm a dad and very new to xbox 360 as is my son who I bought it for and I could do with help regarding the gamer tags that I have created for us.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cap Underpants6, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Can't figure out how to change gamertag and account asscoiated email

Hi,

I'm a dad and very new to xbox 360 as is my son who I bought it for and I could do with help regarding the gamer tags that I have created for us.

Situation:

I've set up an xbox live account for my son, with his gamertag (cwill call it 'GT1' for ref) and attached my email address (will call it 'email1' for ref) to it (little did know know that it would link to my windows live account that I use for OneNote)

What I would like to do:

I would like to link my email1 to my gamertag (lets call it GT2) and add a new email address email2 to my sons gamertag GT1.

Concerns

How do I ensure that his history stays attached to his gamer tag and that my history stays attached to mine so that neither of us lose any progress on the games we have been playing?

Thanks for your help, I've tried searching and found some information, but I'm just not confident with the who process and I'm really not sure if we will lose all of the progress.

Please be nice and thanks for any help/advise that you give

:)

Cap Underpants6, Jun 18, 2014
  2. D2DBD
    D2DBD Guest
    Moving GamerTag on XBoxOne

My GamerTag on XBoxOne was associated with an email that is no longer active. We created a new Microsoft account with new email and transferred our XBoxLive payment info to this new email, but cannot figure out how to transfer the original GamerTag and
    all associated game progress info to the new account with the new email. The main problem is that I cannot access XBox Live anymore from the original GamerTag. I can still login to the original GamerTag, but cannot figure out how to move this to the new
    account or change email account on this GamerTag. Please help - this has been going on for months and we cannot find a solution.

D2DBD, Jun 18, 2014
  3. How to change my email address?

I no longer use the email account I use to log in to xbox with and I can't figure out how to change it. When I tried to add an alias with my new email address it said it was already taken. How is that possible?

MamaBearOfFour, Jun 18, 2014
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Daft Badger, Jun 18, 2014
  5. Daft Badger Win User

6. machmota9 Win User

Email.

Figured out how to change this. But still don't know how it changed email by itself. Manage account, billing info, change email address.
  7. Master Sergeant Win User

No access to my x-box profile, what happened?

The only thing I could think of would be telling support as much personal information as you can that may have been asscoiated with that gamertag, Names,Addresses,Phone numbers,Possible emails, etc.
  8. Jerry Flatto Win User

newbie question - getting into xbox live

P.S. Not sure if it matters but my gamertag is "jflatto" and the email associated with this is my university email address (i.e., edu) and not a live account. This is the same email that I can use to successfully log into xbox live using my PC. I just
    can't figure out how to translate this into logging in using my xbox.
  9. kyle_m4496 Win User

How to figure out the email?

Hi Shaunthe. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

I'm sorry you're having trouble finding your email. Can you clarify if this is regarding parental controls for Epic Games or Xbox specifically?
Thema:

1. Can't figure out how to change gamertag and account asscoiated email - Similar Threads - Can't figure change

2. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  3. Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why: I got it a month ago (not wireless btw) and it seemed to work completely fine, I use it for gaming and I had no issues hearing others or my mic for how my voice sounded. Until now I first tested...
  4. What can't Microsoft seem to figure out how to get apps to work on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    What can't Microsoft seem to figure out how to get apps to work on xbox: NFL and Fox sports apps are garbage on Xbox but work everywhere else... Why? 77ebc054-d3de-4aae-9610-a27fbe91e2f9
  5. I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...: I ran "test Multiplayer connection" option and I get " You have high packet loss" " your packet loss is 100% I then run "test network speed & statistics" and get the following "DL speed 61.76 UPL...
  6. I can't figure out my microsoft account for my mincraft on ps4

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't figure out my microsoft account for my mincraft on ps4: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c187226e-8a37-4913-8d60-369de4d1a752
  7. Can't figure out what account my minecraft/mojang account was migrated to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't figure out what account my minecraft/mojang account was migrated to.: I've been trying to play minecraft recently but I can't find it in any of my accounts. I explicitly purchased and played it for a long time, but the migration must have messed something up. I have...
  8. I'm trying to figure out why I can't play chivalry 2 on my Xbox series X, it gets to the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to figure out why I can't play chivalry 2 on my Xbox series X, it gets to the...: I don't know what's going on with the game I've never had this issue. It goes through it's developers and everything but when it says press start it just doesn't go through. I've closed the game...
  9. I can't figure out how to enable my child to add friends in minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't figure out how to enable my child to add friends in minecraft: My child wants to add a friend to their Minecraft account but we can't figure out how. ba755cef-5c3e-4ea1-829d-b96d37c9b47b
  10. Ik the username for my old xbox account but can't figure out the email, can anyone help?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ik the username for my old xbox account but can't figure out the email, can anyone help?: Want to access old account but can't figure out the email for it a4caec48-7a52-4ecb-855f-f02c84ab8894