Cant even play with my cousin after spending 20 pounds on Minecraft

Discus and support Cant even play with my cousin after spending 20 pounds on Minecraft in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Bought Minecraft windows 10 edition so I could play with my cousin. But then it didn't even let me play because of "how my Microsoft account was set... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Jenson Robinson, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Cant even play with my cousin after spending 20 pounds on Minecraft

Bought Minecraft windows 10 edition so I could play with my cousin. But then it didn't even let me play because of "how my Microsoft account was set up".

Searched online for ages and got to this Manage app privacy settings on the Xbox page and on the forums it was telling me to click on the privacy and online safety button but that sent me back to the same page again. How can I play multiplayer on Minecraft?

:)

Jenson Robinson, Nov 4, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

You are most welcome Jenson!

Have a great day!

Always happy to help!
  3. Jenson Robinson Win User

I will ask my aunty and hopefully she will help. Thanks a lot
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

When that happens, it means you're on a child account. Microsoft considers all accounts below 21 years as child accounts and the privacy settings page in inaccessible for them by default.

To change your privacy settings you'll need a parent/adult account. They'll need to add you to their family group as "Member", then go into that page and enable those settings for you.

The details are outlined here under the "Manage settings on Xbox.com" tab and "Manage a member's online safety and privacy settings" sub-tab.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...
  5. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @Jenson Robinson!

It seems that your account is a child account under a parental account or linked to a family group. Only the parental account can change the settings on your account. Here's how:

1. Log in to Xbox settings with the parent Microsoft account.
    2. Select the child account's profile.
    3. Select Xbox One/Windows 10 Online and choose Allow for Join multiplayer games AND You can create and join clubs.
    4. To enable chat for people not on the person's friends list, they will need to go to their privacy settings and enable Others can communicate .
    I hope this helps you out!
  6. ExemptKetchup Win User

Can't buy on Xbox Store

I have just spend £20 pounds and I can't buy anything even though I have the money in the xbox already
Thema:

1. Cant even play with my cousin after spending 20 pounds on Minecraft - Similar Threads - Cant play cousin

2. I own games and cant play them without game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    I own games and cant play them without game pass: I own games diagonally and on disc and i do not have game pass anymore but i have owned these games prior to having game pass and i cant play any of them and it says i need game pass but i own the...
  3. Cant join friends playing mcc on steam.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant join friends playing mcc on steam.: Master Cheif Collection: We have both added eachother on steam and xbox and linked out steam accounts to xbox we managed to join and play yesterday but today we cant join eachother we both have...
  4. i cant access to my microsoft acount when i want to play minecraft on my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant access to my microsoft acount when i want to play minecraft on my pc: i currently live in iran or persia (islamic republic of iran) and iran is one of non-access'd countries for microsoft login for minecraft. when i try to log in it says : you cant login in this...
  5. Playing bo2 on xbox one using backwards compatible but cant log in or connect to 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing bo2 on xbox one using backwards compatible but cant log in or connect to 360?: Hi there I’ve been trying to play bo2 worked for a bit and then suddenly got signed out and whenever i tried signing in it says connection lost or there has been an error connecting. I’ve tried...
  6. Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games: Hello can someone please help me im having issues connecting to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games I've tried few games every games isn't connecting such as gears 2 or...
  7. I cant play fortnite at all

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play fortnite at all: whenever i try it just says “an unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account for xbox live. Please try again later” and its been saying this for the past 4 weeks. What do i do to fix...
  8. Cant play older games on windows 10, will microsoft sort something out to fix this issue.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant play older games on windows 10, will microsoft sort something out to fix this issue.: Game is lord of the rings, battle for middle earth 1 and 2. Did some research many people have had this issue and have resorted to downloading dodgy fixes instead of Microsoft allowing old games....
  9. I cant play a game because of Performance Check

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play a game because of Performance Check: I have xbox game pass and I can`t open Hell Let Loose because of ,,Performance check not available...'' i want to mention that i have a good pc with 3060ti and i9 gen10...
  10. I cant play forza 5 with game pass core

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play forza 5 with game pass core: I brought a 3 months xbox gold live voucher and when I redeemed it was not was it said it was and was infact xbox core. This was not what I payed for and was mislead by Xbox which om not happy...