Can't eject my External HDD cuz i downloaded the game files in it.

Discus and support Can't eject my External HDD cuz i downloaded the game files in it. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Of course i can just disconnect the USB but i don't want to do that cuz it's not the right way to disconnect an external HDD, i want to eject it but... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/PaulWiFi, Aug 24, 2021.

1. /u/PaulWiFi
    /u/PaulWiFi Guest

Of course i can just disconnect the USB but i don't want to do that cuz it's not the right way to disconnect an external HDD, i want to eject it but always says it's in use thus not letting me eject it properly.

Yes i downloaded a game in it but there are also Ubisoft Connect and Epic game files in it, and before downloading the game through XBOX PC App i could eject it normally.

And i know the XBOX App games are causing the problem cuz i did the testing, if i uninstall any game installed in the External HDD it ejects normally.

submitted by /u/PaulWiFi
    [link] [comments]

/u/PaulWiFi, Aug 24, 2021
  2. Derek_10 Win User

All movies newly added to my external hard drive won't play on my Xbox one X through the VLC media player or the Microsoft media app.

The media files are either MPEG-4 or MKV. I can confidently say that the issue is not due to file compatibility as I have many other files in those formats that play just fine.

This is the exact issue: I have an external HDD connected to my Xbox with all my media (movies mainly) files that I have saved throughout the years. When you initially connect an external HDD to the Xbox it asks if this is for storing Games/Screen Captures
    or if this is for Media playback. In this case media playback is selected and then all the files currently on the HDD will show up and play without issue.

Now here is the issue. After the initial setup and selecting this HDD as media only, any additional files I add to my HDD the Microsoft Media Player as well as VLC will recognize the file/folder depending on how I have it formatted, but:

1) If the file is not in a folder both programs will recognize the file but will not play it

or

2) If the file is in a folder, then when I open the folder the folder is empty.

This is a new issue and has never happened in the past.

One potential temporary solution I thought of, but I don't know how to do it or if it is possible: Can I have the Xbox forget the external HDD (without clearing the HDD obviously) so as to the next time I plug it in it will recognize the external HDD as
    a new drive and I can select Games vs Media again? This way after media is selected all my new files will show up as well.

Update: I restarted my Xbox and reselecting the Games vs Media did not work. When trying to play an individual file (of the new files just added, because all my previous files in the same format work just fine)

Update #2: The external HDD I am using is a WD 8TB Easy store. As I stated above all my old files work but none of the new files do. As my issue was not formatting, I dug out my old HDD (a 2TB Seagate) and added my new files to that. All the new files played
    normally. The question is.... why are new files not playing on my WD while they play normally on the Seagate. (BTW: Yes both HDD are formatted the same, exFAT). At least for me this appears to be an external HDD issue. I will do one more update after clearing
    my WD HDD before adding everything back, but this will take around 1 day.

Update #3: After erasing all media and adding it back to my WD external HDD all files (including the new ones) play as normal.
  3. Maxmanus4796 Win User

Xbox One Installation Stopped External Hard Drive

Hey guys, I also have the same problem. Still there is no solution for that. Can't download, transfer games to external HDD.
  4. Irixion Win User

Playing New Games on XBox 360 S console with 4GB internal memory

You can't use external storage initially. However, you can move your games onto external storage once they have been downloaded. Your internal 4 GB is just flash memory for things like system updates and other system files. It's not really meant to hold
    any games. Buy an internal HDD from Microsoft--not eBay.
  5. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

PC Games on External Hard Drive

Have you tried moving the games/files from your internal HDD to your external HDD?
  6. UnrealIncognito Win User

Xbox just keeps spinning the external HDDs when in Quick start mode.

There is an option in the settings, can't remember where to get the xbox to power down an external HDD when the console is of. I think it only works with HDD that don't have an external power supply.

If it is on with one with external power supply then I would say something is wrong as mine doesn't spin up while the Xbox is off unless it's downloading an update for a game.
Thema:

1. Can't eject my External HDD cuz i downloaded the game files in it. - Similar Threads - Can't eject External

2. Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024: I can't connect to Xbox Live on backward-compatible games I have tried soft resets, and hard resets on both console and router, clearing the Mac address, and changing to Manual DNS settings and I...
  3. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  4. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  5. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  6. The front push-buttons of my Xbox One do not work anymore so I can't eject my games discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    The front push-buttons of my Xbox One do not work anymore so I can't eject my games discs: Xbox One : Nor the front "power-switch" nor the "eject disc" buttons work anymore. No warning, no error messages, just one day thoose did not respond to any command. So i'm stuck with one game in...
  7. I can't do anything but eject the disc I need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't do anything but eject the disc I need help: my Xbox 1 s when I turn it on it signs in then everything freezes I can't do anything but eject the disc a4a59e50-6c93-4dbd-9fa4-d45bfd0eaf6a
  8. Xbox One powers up but no signal (HDMI), can't eject disc and controllers won't ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One powers up but no signal (HDMI), can't eject disc and controllers won't ...: Xbox One powers up but no signal (HDMI). After first restart, could still connect controller, but then after restart can't even do that. Also cannot eject game disc. Previously was playing, but...
  9. Can't eject disc from console!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't eject disc from console!!: So today I tried to eject my disc out of my xbox one and it didn't come out. It was also making a grinding noise. This is the first time it has done this and I basically tried everything to get it...
  10. Can't get a disc to engage and now even eject

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get a disc to engage and now even eject: WTF I have stood by Xbox for years. I almost always have to try to load a disc several times before it engages and takes. Now.... I can't even eject a disc. I recently upgraded my internet to a...